Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2021 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

First frost of the season here in Meath, great to finally see some frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Maybe the first named storm of the season for Friday? This is before 12z rolls out so could be gone by then..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

Lovely day here in Virginia. A day off after working the weekend. Was lovely to get out around Lough Ramor with the dogs, not a ripple to be seen on parts of the lack. Cool and dry just how I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Perfect late autumn day. Bright and fresh. So much better then that mild often dull dross we have had to endure so often lately.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful crisp clear day in Kerry. Started out white with frost this morning , -1.8C at 08.00 and took a couple of go's to get the ice off the cars. Got up to 8.1C and currently a cool 3.7C with frost near under clear skies again this evening. Barometer nice and high at 1033.7 hPa Steady.

Pic: Banna Beach at 12.00 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Shades of last winter and winters before.

Not a cloud in the sky this evening before sunset. Straight up chimney smoke and the smell of a coming frost... and then the usual cloud bank (the usual Sc) rolled in or developed out of nowhere that will prevent the beauty of the moonlight reaching my eyes and keep temps above freezing yet again. It's so predictable now that it is comical at this stage

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I guess you live in the northern half of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I know what you mean . When looking forward to a nice clear frosty night and then poxy cloud rolls in. I've lost count of the number of times that has happened in recent years .

Same thing here tonight in my part of meath. Clear and starry until a while ago but now cloud has rolled in...

Its bad enough trying to get a bit of snow these days but now even getting a decent frost can be hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Banna beach looking beautiful as always! Love, love, love that beach. Magical. Thanks for such a beautiful picture!

Cold but gorgeous Gin blue sky day here near Arklow at the moment

4.8c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

you got to love an air flow from the north in winter, as well seasonal weather it make it look like everything is suddenly in high definition and crystal clear views

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stopped a short time ago on the way home to take a pic of the fog forming over the stream near the Cathedral in Ardfert, 3.4C now and can feel frost not far away.

Down to -2.3C at 08.00

High of 8.6C

Bar 1031.7 hPa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭pauldry

First look at the Netweather snow radar of the season. There's green stuff falling in Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Northerly winds are expected to reach mean speeds in excess of 50km/h with gusts in excess of 90km/h.

This warning will be updated Thursday morning.

Valid: 15:00 Friday 26/11/2021 to 06:00 Saturday 27/11/20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

1.1c here in meath after a cloudy drizzly start, sky cleared in the early afternoon to leave it sunny and clear

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Only 1 frost to report this Autumn from the other night in this very tame cool spell. Night time values look like holding around 2 to 4C over the next few nights with some cloud around so unsure if we will get another frost till sometime in December. From Monday we will be back into a generally mild pattern with temperatures into the low teens so we are back chasing another cold spell, hopefully the next one will be a bit more successful than this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

-0.6 in meath, nice frost already

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Grand bit o'dryin' today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Dazler97

1c here in carrick on Shannon frost already, definitely air frost

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal

Met Éireann Weather Warning

"Through Friday afternoon, evening and night, northerly winds will reach mean speed of 45 to 65 km/hr with gusts of 90 to 110 km/hr with significantly higher gusts at times along north facing coasts and on the Inishowen Peninsula.

Possible wave and spray overtopping along north facing coasts at times of High tide on Friday night."

Significantly higher than 110km/hr. That's very precise.

• Advertisement

Latest ecm 1 to 6cm snow across Donegal,Derry,Tyrone and North Antrim. A small accumulation for parts of Connacht. For this weekend.

Wind hitting 91kph in Newport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

At 03.15am the wind was howling and the cottage shaking. It woke us up and lasted about 15 mins.

This morning the neighbour had to chainsaw his way out of his drive. A large tree had come down.

We were not expecting the wind until tonight. Although it's fairly windy this morning.

It's so far maxed out at 101kph in Malin earlier this morning. Got to 94kph in Finner at 8 and its 100kph in Malin again now. A stronger pulse of wind hits the NW between 6 and midnight so over 100kph then in a few places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I know for the East coast this isn't really set to kick off until later, but so far Met Eireann's forecast has overplayed the wind for the East this morning. They had forecast average winds of 40kmph+ until midday but really no more than a breath of wind here, 15km from the coast in South Wicklow. Will be interesting to see how it plays out this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Malin head gusting 57 knots (106km/h) at 10am

Around 7am,I had a gust above 60 kmh in Arklow

Gusts since 8am in the 40's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Maybe where I'm located we're sheltered from the wind from that direction then. Even looking out my window here and there's hardly any movement on even the tallest trees.

Malin now 113kph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

All calm so far in Dublin 24. Barely a breath of wind all morning.

Advertisement