Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

I've been looking at doing something similar so I can have TAA, Salah, CR7 and Lukaku.

But it really diminishes the quality of the rest of my team, especially the bench. Doesn't leave much more room for maneuver in the next couple of months. Personally I've gone for CR7 over Lukaku.

I've gone for Ramsdale over Sanchez, have a feeling if he has a good run then he'll become #1. But I don't have an arsenal defender so not doubling up.

Mind it's only 3pm and I'm still changing my wildcard team every 15 mins. So could still end up the same as you with Lukaku and Ronnie!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Think I'll go Ramsdale too before 6.30...no doubt could b another twist in my team yet. Wasn't considering Jota until this afternoon when reading about Firmino injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hi guys

this is my wildcard team tell me what you think, Thanks

Sanchez

TAA, Williams, Jansson

Saka, Kovacic, Salah(V), Benrahma, Gallagher

Ronaldo(C), Lukaku

Bench fodder: Guaita, Edouard, Livramento, Duffy

.7 left in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah tempted to go with Jota on wc now but .1 short. Could go James to Rudiger to free it up. Jota could become Mount in GW7 or be downgraded to fund double Chelsea defence.

Final decision now...

Sanchez Rudiger White Greenwood

or

Ramsdale James Duffy Jota

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

With the new site layout I find it hard to find the match day and GW transfer threads so Im blaming Boards for all my poor decisions

Played my Wild Card earlier than any other season

Bachmann

Ayling Jansson Williams

Bruno Torres Trincao Gray

Ronaldo Edouard Lukaku

Subs: Guieta Livermento Duffy Soucek

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Leeds defence is decimated so I’d get Ayling out for a wolves defender

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You need Salah - you can auger over pretty much every other player pro's and con's, but to go without Salah in a WC is recipe for disaster

The troops...

Ramsdale

TAA James Semedo Duffy

Salah Jota Raphinha Doucoure

Ronaldo Lukaku

Not sure if I love it or hate it...

• Advertisement

I have gambled on leaving Lukaku out and taken Bamford and CR7 up front instead.

Hoping that James gets some assist points for Lukaku at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭eggy81

Sanchez

shaw rudiger matip ( Duffy) (regulion)

salah (c) Torres Greenwood jota raphinha

lukaku Jesus (fodder)

Good luck

Edit: not a wild card team. Posted in wrong thread. Can’t delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Ended up with this WC team. The last decision was to go for Tierney or triple up on Wolves defence with Marcal. While I'm still not convinced on Arsenal's defence I do like Tierney and the heartbreak of losing a Wolves triple clean sheet in the 90 minute might of been too much to take!

Having a bit buyer's regret wildcarding this week. I wasn't planning to but pressed the button when DCL and Antonio were both out but team actually wasn't too bad and a -4 or -8 would mended the cracks. Ah well, hopefully works out ok.

Sa Steele

TAA James Semedo Tierney Livramento

Salah Jota Raphinha Gray Sissoko

Lukaku Bamford Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

wildcard activated (too much money tied up in son, DCL and other potential injuries)

thinking of going with

De Gea 4m

Rudiger Dias Dier White Omobadimdele

Salah Jota Gallagher 5m Bissouma

Lukaku Ronaldo Antonio

Have a week now to play around with it

(antonio will be back next week suspension just for this weekend)

See i didnt get notification of replies to my post so I'm blaming boards..

Every year when i buy either Salah, Mane or Kane i get nothing in return. Plus Palace are a bogey team for Liverpool..

I know I'll regret it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Palace is the one team I would suggest playing Mane against! He is looking to break a PL record today by scoring against the same team for 9 consecutive games. He also got a decent rest midweek.

Well called !!

I'd like to subscribe to your weekly newsletter 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wouldn't be too sure on that seeing how my team is doing so far this week 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Hi there

Decided to WC last night, couldn't keep those Diamond hands any longer. This is what I'm currently looking at with .1 in the bank. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome

My reasoning behind the picks :

GK

Main :

I am tempted by Ramsdale, not sure if he will share gametime with Leno though. Sanchez has some decent games remaining but not overly convinced.

For my 4.0 I'm currently on Begovic, he should be good for circa 3 weeks but maybe Steer is a better bet as a replacement for Martinez during and after the next international break. Foster might lose his place due to Bachman recovering shortly.

Defence

I feel that Trent and Livramento go without saying.

I wanted at least 1 Chelsea defender (this week is not ideal and I had originally planned to do it next week) I think it's Alonso's place to lose or else Chilwell may start against tougher opponents. I am tempted to go with Cancelo but might be able to move alonso on for cancello after 2 gw's.

I could change Duffy to Williams or to Omobamidele for 3.9 which would let me squeeze out another .2 or .3 depending.

Midfield

I currently have Benrahma and I've had him from the start. I am not convinced by him though and getting rid of him for someone like Doucoure could let me upgrade Pukki to ASM for example or could let me upgrade Duffy to a 5.0 defender like Coufal or Tierney.

Attack

I'm on the 3emium at the moment. I like the idea of having both Ronaldo and Lukaku and with good defenders and cheap enabler midfielders it doesn't seem as stretched at the moment. When KDB and Son start firing again it will be tougher though.

Any thoughts or left field shouts are very welcome thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I currently have Benrahma and I've had him from the start. I am not convinced by him though and getting rid of him for someone like Doucoure could let me upgrade Pukki to ASM for example

I like that team and the only change I would make would be to bring in Toney instead of Pukki by downgrading Benrahma like you said but there is nothing wrong with leaving it as is. You probably have the ideal defence and a good balance elsewhere given the low number of good options in midfield at the moment.

• Advertisement

Toney's next 4 fixtures are tough but he's a guy that could score against anyone I think, with assists and penalties. Pukki doesn't look like the player he was the last time in the Premiership and I'm definitely not convinced by him. Armstrong for Southampton is also a decent shout and they have some good fixtures coming up.

The biggest puzzle for me right now is which 5.5 ish midfielder would you move to from Benrahma ? I think Doucoure is not bad (don't know that Gray's run is sustainable but he is very very far forward)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd probably go with Gray this week and then maybe change if his form fades. Keep an eye on Smith-Rowe, he's only 5.3M and Arsenal's fixtures are decent. Odegaard is another option at 5.5m too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've an eye on ESR. he had loads of shots from what I saw of the highlights last week. Was getting into the box a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Why not go with Ramsdale? Arsenal didn't spend that amount of money on a keeper to leave him on the bench.

You have Duffy to cover if Brighton have a good fixture. If going with Sanchez, I'd try and change Duffy to an Arsenal defender so you're getting cover from both defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

hi - opinions on the below please, needed to play wildcard due to injrues and fear of not having ronaldo/lukaku...

first draft. - plan is play 3 4 3 rotating 2 defenders in with diaz each week.

DDG / Foster

Dias , White , Williams, Duffy, Livramento

Gray , Benrahama , Salah , Sarr, Romeu

Ronaldo, Lukaku , Antonio

There was some "fake news" last week that Arteta had said Ramsdale would get 2 games and then back to Leno. I hear what you're saying about the money spent on Ramsdale and you would imagine he should be their no. 1 until/unless he proves unsuitable for it.

It's a tough call and I 'm torn between them. From FFix they have the following possible points ahead for both players :

Ramsdale :

Arsenal have a very good run and I don't think Tottenham have really been at the races so far this year as well as a North London Derby being unpredictable but we could see a clean sheet there.

Sanchez :

Brightons fixtures are pretty good with 2 brutal ones in 9 and 10. Brighton are conceding low chance long range efforts so far this season which is great for a keeper to rack up saves.

ESR (good shout Dearg thanks) and possibly even Odegaard are on the radar now also.

We got no real information from todays presser with Biesla in relation to Raphina but as a Manager with a full set of hair you'd probably think Raphina was safeish. I'm leaning towards this team at the moment :

It leaves me with 0 in the bank. I think it offers reasonable flexibility. The only players I'm not sold on it is Williams and Pukki (but Norwich have a great run). I had to downgrade Duffy to Williams to afford Raphina.

Any thoughts or alternative suggestions are very welcome.

Post edited by Colking on

It's a savage attack.

I'd replace DDG with a 4.5 and put some more cash into defense e.g. possibly upgrade White to Christensen from Chelsea if you can afford it. He's a rotation risk but I'd say he will most likely start every 3 /4 in 5 games. I'd look at shipping Benrahma to someone like Gallagher to free up some extra money for defense also.

The emerging template now is big at the back and you might want to be on that from your wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

id probably go for the exact same squad if I was on wc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

• Advertisement

Big at the back

2 Chelsea (after this GW) with potentially Cancelo or Dias (in 2 GW time)

This may become the template or the mid priced mids could start firing again and cause another one.

Advertisement