Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

McCarthy (Steer)

Alonso, Christensen, Coady, White, Williams

Salah, Saka, Neves, Dallas, Glmour

Lukaku, Ronaldo, Auba.

Playing 3-4-3 most weeks - feel like if one of Chelsea lads gets benched, then there is a decent cheap lad subbing in.

It's easy to go from strong/expensive front line to cheaper than leaving one of Ronaldo/Lukaku out and then realizing you have to get them in.

Midfield, Neves/Dallas are based on last years returns - will stick with them for few more games and see how they get on.

Going against the grain with the Arsenal players no doubt, but fixture wise they are too good to turn down when they click.

I could have went cheaper in defense, but i just prefer to have the likes of White/Coady/Williams who are likely to always play with no question marks over their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Perhaps, we'll see how it goes, Saka could easily had a goal/assist at the weekend, so not worried about him coming good. If you look at other teams being posted, they are similar bar maybe they have jota/greenwood over my Saka. I've gone for Dallas where some are going for Raphinha - to date there is nothing between them. Some are going for Gray, where i have Neves. And that's it really. I've gone 3 up top, whereas most are going 2 up top

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Some nice differentials in there. As you said it's easier to downgrade one of Lukaku/Ronaldo later rather than give up the chance to get them both in now. I will probably end up with a 4-4-2, can't see myself dropping TAA, he's looking great and prefer him to any of the mid priced/cheap forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭ngunners

Cheers for the input. I think Jota could be a great shout too but I’ve had Greenwood from the start and he hasn’t let me down yet. I don’t trust the Arsenal defense.

With so many big hitters getting the captain right each week maybe might be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

SANCHEZ

TAA-JAMES-MARCAL

SALAH-GRAY-RAPHINHA-SAKA

LUKAKU-ASM-RONALDO

STEER-LIVRAMENTO-WILLIAMS-BISSOUMA

0.2 in the bank.

torn between POGBA and a 5.3 midfielder or RAPHINHA & SAKA/TIELEMENS ?? think option 2 is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I'd go with Pogba, good amount of assists/bps so far and looks sharp

Lads any feedback on this please? Am going for a balanced team, 3 MU players alright but will change 1 of them after 3 weeks, Torres a risk worth taking, not overly fond of having a watford back but cant squeeze anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats a very balanced team and it allows you to do Ronaldo to Lukaku and Shaw to a Chelsea defender in GW7 if you want to chase the fixture swing. Id consider playing a 3-4-3 with Gallagher and Gray rotating into the team depending on which one has the easier fixture. Gallaghers stats have been really good and Gray is on fire right now, would prefer one of them than a Watford defender who is unlikely to get clean sheets. You know the risk with Torres but his potential upside is really good if he continues on playing as an OOP striker.

• Advertisement

I love how the two of you think that Omobamidele plays for Watford, but Ronaldo doesn't play for West Ham :)

:) Good spot! Norwich/Watford defenders nicht good either way, swapped Omo/Duffy for Ayling/Livramento and Saint-Max for Pukki based on the fixtures, can't see Brighton keeping as many clean sheets no matter how good value Duffy is

Torn between Rudiger & Matip vs James & Semedo. Latter is more exciting but riskier.

I think Id go James and Semedo becasue its the start of the season and you might as well try to attack it. Probably a lot depends on who your benched defender is if James doesnt start. If you do get burnt by Tuchel its an easy switch direct to Rudiger later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

For what it's worth, Matip was vastly expected to not start the CL game against Milan so he could be rested, as he has a history of not being able to start 3 games in a week. He started the game so I would expect him to be rested against Palace now instead. I'd be pretty surprised to see him start the 3 games in a week.

After that, Konate will start the League Cup game with an other which could included Matip so the CB rotation could continue.

Getting James in will be a nice entry into Chelsea for their fixtures. And Semedo has a nice few GWs coming up.

Yeah I'm going 4 atb more than likely so I'd have a cheap mid or Livramento to sub in, not ideal but probably worth it for James' high ceiling. I like Rudiger but think he's just a bit too boring for me!

Good points on Matip thanks. Forgot about Konate and Gomez is back now too of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thoughts on this team

Sanchez steele

Semedo White reguilon Duffy livramento

Salah raphina gray soucek gallagher

Ronaldo lukaku richarlison

Sanchez

TAA James Semedo White

Salah Greenwood Raphinha Doucoure

Ronaldo Lukaku

Steer Livramento Sissoko Scarlett

0 itb

This is best threemiums plus Trent draft I've managed to come up with so will probably roll with it. Bench is pretty terrible but hate wasting money on it anyway. Sticking with Greenwood for two more weeks then he can become Mount or be downgraded to get a second Chelsea defender. Bit worried about no Antonio but fairly happy with it all over all. If it doesn't work, it'll be easy to shift the funds from one of the premium strikers.

I think its decent plus there was that news today that Livermento might play further forward with Kyle Walker Peters behind him. If that does happen I'll be getting him in myself on a WC in a couple of weeks

• Advertisement

Yeah he could be great value. Toying now with the idea of downgrading Greenwood to another 4.5 and bringing Bamford in a 4-3-3. Looks a bit too inflexible but gives me an option to get Antonio back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Thoughts on this? Have 0.3 in bank which allows me to swap Jota/Pogba for Antonio + 4.5m Mid over the next two weeks if needed

Ramsdale (Steer)

Marcel TAA Tomiyasu (Williams) (Livramento)

Jota Gray Pogba Salah Smith-Rowe

Lukaku Ronnaldo (Greenwood)

Sanchez or Ramsdale?

Tomiyasu or White?

ESR or someone else (5.4 or 5.5 if i swap Williams for 3.9m def)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I don’t like the 4-3-3 systems at all. Not much wiggle room. Should be a minimum of 7 attackers in your squad that can easily be replaced with alternatives in the game. 2 x 4.5m mids is bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭macraignil

I see your point with this but with the funds I have and money tied up in premiums I think some compromise might be worth considering. Played my wildcard a couple of weeks back but think dropping Alexander Arnold to get in Lukaku and another premium striker was in hindsight not the best way to go as it has left my defense too weak. Thinking now of taking my first -4 of the season this evening to get Alexander Arnold back in before price changes as with his ownership it is too costly to overall rank when he does well.

Is it worth a -4 to go for Torres and Pinnock out for Alexander Arnold and McArthur? Swapping the 2 still leaves me with one player who will mostly be on the bench and would leave me with:

Sanchez, Begovic

Alexander Arnold, Reguilon, Dier, Livramento, Duffy

Salah, Greenwood, Benrahma, Bissouma, McArthur

Ronaldo, Lukaku, Antonio

I know it will mean playing either a 4.5mill midfielder or an extra budget defender in the first 11 each week but will the three premiums make up the points?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭nice bit of green

Off to a poor start, strikers were not delivering and then Ron & Luk arrived plus Trent is bang in form so:

Defenders from the big clubs, 3 premiums plus some nicely priced guys with decent games coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

If it’s any consolation I’ve your 2 budget defenders & McArthur.

I’m looking at replacing Antonio& DCL & going with Ronaldo, Pukki/Hwang & 5.5 mid.

Plenty of options in 5.5 bracket & then a few around the 6m forward mark too.

Your comment about ownership being too high on TAA, is it though? If you look at overall ownership - more people own Shaw (43% v 36%), but how many WC teams would have him in them? Top 10k ownership TAA is only slightly ahead, 88% v 84% (Top 100 players, 67% have TAA and 65% have Shaw). I get the attacking element of TAA's game that some lads love, but defensively he's still not great - against Leeds he was about 3 yards behind everyone else and played Leeds onside and only for bad finishing they would have scored. The crucial thing that is missed, is that yes TAA could get 18 points this week, but equally someone without TAA could do equally as well. Is it worth weakening your entire team just to get him in?

From GW7 onwards, for all the love TAA has, i would hazard a guess that everyone would want and should have a Chelsea defender - how would you plan on doing this, if you pump money into TAA now. I assume when you WC you had a plan for GW7 and Chelsea, but just with the team the way it is i can't see how you going to do it without weakening the team and/or selling TAA in which case is it worth bringing him in for a -4 now?

Agree with Chesty - no wriggle room when you have 2 x 4.5m mid field player, your basically stuck with them until you WC as it's two transfers needed to upgrade them.

Finally, what constitutes a weak defense? If you have 4 playing defenders with half decent fixtures - your fine, Arsenal, Wolves, Leeds, Chelsea, Leicester, even the likes of Southampton have nice fixtures (baring City/Chelsea). Even Norwich have decent fixtures and Williams is only 4.0m and getting games. I would be more concerned with the double spurs defense than i would in getting in TAA now.

Overall i would nearly just stick with Torres for this week and reflect on everything next GW with 2 FT. When Torres got his 18 points and TAA got the 4 i doubt you were too bothered about swapping them.

yeah I get the fear of not owning Antonio, lots of people have sold him off the back of that red card but then he goes and scores a beaut of a poachers goal last night in Europe. He is on great form and difficult to ignore.

I own Greenwood and likewise am not sure what to do with him and when. So long as he keeps returning he's not going anywhere but Rashford tweeted out photos of himself in training yesterday so he cant be that far away from sharing minutes with Greenwood. It might be an easy decision in the end if Rashford returns circa GW7 when Uniteds fixtures get more difficult anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thanks for the input into the decision. The problem with Chelsea defense in my opinion is there is the added risk of rotation in every position. Hudson-Odoi has played in place of James in some games not to mention Azpilicueta and Alonso may potentially be sharing time with Chilwell now that he is back fully fit again. Even the centre half positions are not free from the chance of one of them being rested at any stage whereas I don't think Liverpool are as strong without Alexander Arnold and in my opinion will likely keep playing him in the league games until his form seriously drops off. 88% ownership in the top 10,000 for Trent is huge in my opinion. Not thinking of dropping Trent once he is on my team unless he is injured or Liverpool's form takes a serious drop. I am sticking with Torres this week and meant when I said making the transfers this evening that it would be after the deadline for this weeks games so I have another free transfer and could make the double switch for just the -4. Torres has Chelsea and Liverpool in the two games after shipping him out and I may bring him back in to replace Greenwood if he continues to be pushed out wide by Ronaldo and Torres is still being played as centre forward. I went for all out attack on my wildcard but the results so far make me think spreading the funds back to defense a bit will earn more points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Hi All,

Appreciate yer input on my wildcard team below

Sanchez

TAA, White, Marcel

Salah, Raphina, MacArthur, Jota, Torres

Ronaldo, Lukaku

Bench fodder: Gunn, Duffy, Omabamadeli, Street

Am I leaving myself very short?

I took out Saka and Gray for Jota and MacArthur earlier.

Was also contemplating Ramsdale instead of Sanchez but worried hed be dropped again for Leno and no second keeper option

Advertisement