Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finishing a 7 Day Fast

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Hes not talking about specific exercise related fuel needs but requirements over an entire day . For example you could lie in bed all day and do nothing but your still going to lose weight if you eat under your maintenance.Doing this would be so much easier for a fat person because they have such a large reserve of fat. A person's biggest draw from calories isn't the 1 or 2 hours of exercise you might do but the amount of calories your body needs to sustain itself in a 24 hour period . Its much tougher for a 190lb guy at 12% body fat to go on a large deficit compared to a 250lb guy at 35% body fat. The first guy needs to eat every so slightly below maintenance or even at maintenance and use extra exercise to bring him into a deficit . The 250lb guy can cut very aggressively because he has so much fat available to make up for such a deficit . Exercise volume can be low because the deficit in his calories is so large . I'm sure with a Masters in Exercise in Nutrition and Exercise science he knows about Keto. There's nothing wrong with Keto if that's how one truly likes to eat however it's not 'The way' People that enjoy carbs can get just As good results . People get so dogmatic about diet that's it's almost like a religion. It's borderline food orthorexia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

Couldn't agree more. If no fat left to burn for energy the body might go into panic mode. But I don't think author ever experienced ketogenic diet otherwise he wouldn't make statements that you need carbs for exercise.

orthorexia? We are made to be addicted to variety of things incl. food.

But what I have noticed with fasting is that I could temporarily take control over the body and mind. Feels bit of superhuman

Advertisement