Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There will be a rise in incel related terror attacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

ive heard the punani only has nerve endings for about 4 inches anyway.

although they do like a good stretching out in the girth sense.

so if you have a short fat one you can probably do as much damage as those monster cock lads, you'll just have to have a higher in-out frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The topic of incels was just covered on sky news there, they were reviewing a newspaper article in relation to incels and schools. And who do they bring on to comment on it - Julie "put men in camps" Bindel ranting about misogyny, women are not valued, domestic violence against women etc.

That is one of the issues here, individuals such as this are given a platform on national media like Sky News and The Guardian to spew their blatant misandry. That's a bigger issue than a few extremist incels on websites and forums that the average person would not even be aware of, incels.is, bestgore (now defunct) the chans etc.

Going by this thread, the categories incels think in are all wrong (Dick size, etc.)

However, the bigger mistake, an absurdity even, is thinking you can build an identity worth having on a sense of deprivation and resentment. It can't be done. The personality that emerges from profoundly negative perceptions (of self and others) like these is a shadow of what it could be. If incel communities encourage the formation of such identities, then yes, they are toxic.

IME, the best thing to do is stop caring about looks, status etc. and just focus on something positive, such as being a better person, and avoid treating the opposite sex as mindless fools working to a script, when that script exists more in your head than it does in theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

How do incels know every other guys dick size when they see them with women?

They use those x-ray glasses you used to see advertised in comics, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Self pity is literally the least attractive personality trait out there

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and imagining that everyone else has impossible standards. Take your head out of social media and go for a walk. The real world is full of ordinary people who aren’t supermodels who have found loving relationships

The difference is that they were open to meeting people. Your attitude assumes other people are all monsters

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There's a big difference between being involuntarily celibate and identifying as an 'incel'.

There are plenty of people, men and women, who are involuntarily celibate out there. They'd love to be in a relationship with someody but it just doesn't happen for them. I've nothing but sympathy for them.

But when, (for guys at least,never heard of an angry female incel, is there any kind of similar movement for women?) that becomes their identity, and they embrace the term 'incel', it's not just a way to describe their sex life, it's an indicator that they've gone down a rabbit hole and digested a whole worldview of pyschobabble to arrive at their status as a victim in a world in which the Chads and Staceys are responsible for all their misery, and they are very damaged mentally.

How do you know though? Have legions of women said to you "nah, not interested - you don't have a big penis/you're not wealthy"?

I have a lot of friends/acquaintances and only ONE has expressed being interested in a guy just for money. And that was years ago when she was a bit of a silly 20-something. The rest of us absolutely could not have sex with a man we don't fancy simply because he's rich.

Also, a huge penis isn't even pleasant for some women.

Anyway, the opening poster has proven that all he wants to do is complain and not do anything to change his situation, with his words that nothing has dissuaded him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Do you not think ‘worthy of love from women’ might not be aiming a bit high for the moment? You’re still stuck on ‘worthy of being taken seriously by a load of anonymous ramdomers on the intenet’.

Do yourself a favour. Stop blaming society for things you only imagine are wrong with you. There’s nothing wrong with you bar your thinking.

Aye. A friend of mine, due to her nephew being horribly bullied in a mixed school and moving to an all boys school where he fared much better, has a theory that a mixed school could mess up a vulnerable kid in the way a single-sex school wouldn't. Because of less pressure to impress the opposite sex, less showing off in front of the opposite sex to make others feel ridiculed etc. I dunno. Might be nothing to it, but I kinda see what she means.

• Advertisement

I just see a growing culture of temper tantrums that’s being hothoused online.

A lot of these recent phenomena are about “angry at the the world” narratives. They seem to be very common in the USA and they’re spreading.

If you look across the whole board spectrum of these groups it’s all about “I can’t get what I want, so I’ll throw my toys out of the pram!”

Incels, the people who would rather believe COVID doesn’t exist, the people who can’t accept they lost an election, the people who throw huge public tantrums at retail workers, the list goes on and on and on and it’s all from what I can see, an expression of self centred, entitled, narcissistic, aggressive tantrum throwing.

It’s also extremely easy to find “communities“ online who’ll indulge wallowing in self pity and victim mentality. If you have say 0.001% of the population who think like that. Then take the population of say the USA, Canada and the EU you get a billion people. So that’s 1,000,000 ppl…

in the old days, they just never had the ability to coalesce and their angry opinions were challenged and diluted by exposure to the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

This is pure gaslighting. We all want connection, this is in many ways a basic human need, there is nothing self-centred or narcissistic about that? Anger often is based on something real - The vaccine suspicion for instance is tied in with mistrust of government and kleptocratic elites and rising populism(which the media has tried to make a dirty word)

Incel anger centres on the feeling of worthlessness that comes with being deprived romantic relationships. Romantic relationships are something we take for granted if we have had them but for people who have never had 'it' with the opposite sex, they might seem like everything. You wouldn't tell a poor person struggling to make ends meet to get over themselves so why tell the incel that? The sad thing about love is that it was once quintessentially human, now it has become a market - cold, calculating and brutally efficient at weeding out low quality males. It's great if you are the Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk of the dating game but brutal if you are the proverbial lamplighter.

I think you should probably look up the definition of the colloquialism “gaslighting” because it doesn’t mean whatever it is you seem to think it means.

Of course people yearn for connection, but they don’t blame the world (or in incel’s case women in particular) for their inability to make connections. That’s a rather flawed worldview.

My point is that it’s yet another example of a narrative that revolves around someone being angry about inability to attain some objective and responding in bitterness, wallowing and anger with random people or society in general.

It’s very much a self-centred, me, me, me kind of perspective that is facilitated online when groups of likeminded individuals meet up and reinforce those views in bubbles, without any foil or differing views.

There’s an extremely toxic narrative repeating and repeating, particularly in the USA and it leads to very unpleasant outcomes in some cases.

The Internet is playing a significant role in both applying extreme social pressure through endless exposure to social media and impressions of what is “normal” and by bringing communities of embittered individuals together to amplify their views.

The whole Incel thing grew out of that.

There are many different views on 'redpill' or 'blackpill' forums; Some are accepting of the dynamic and have an attitude if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' while others prefer to LDAR (LAY DOWN AND ROT) You can give up but if you give up that's it. Incels aren't like normies(well, at least the last normies getting any casual sex) they just don't fall into relationships or flings the way other people do. If an incel gives up, well then that's it, goodnight sweet prince. He will become a shut in and most likely live his life alone. This is why you can never truly 'give up' because if you give up you are truly dead inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Op most people are not good looking , most people worldwide are not at all wealthy nor with any special talents or high intelligence , but most people worldwide have been in one or more relationships before. So how you square that circle.

Op you know as well as anyone here does that there are literally probably one billion + men (or at least hundreds of millions ) worldwide who are not at all good looking and not notably intelligent or charismatic and are in long term relationships with women of similar standing .

One of the first replies to this just hit the nail on the head really , you just have unrealistic standards is the problem here. It's not that you have to be good looking smart etc to be in a relationship it's just that yoyre not good looking or successful enough to get the girls you consider attractive

We only exist within our own worlds, perspective on a global scale is meaningless. These societies are also very different from the west where the idea of individualism and the free market have seeped into all aspects of our lives. We all have a price and in the dating game it's no different. Most of us will meet our partners online and therein lies the problem, 80% of men are viewed as unattractive by women. Online dating has completely changed the game so I don't think a load of oldcels on Boards.ie are really in a position to assess the perils of the 2021 dating game.

It would be a lot easier if we were just attracted to our looksmatch

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Literally ANY guy could go to Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Venezuela, Vietnam ect......... and come back with a Supermodel half his age, who will cook, worship, and love him forever. So it's not complicated, geez,

Only last week I saw a guy, who was 55 plus, with this Gorgeous girl, I dunno where she was from, but she was tall, fashionable, beautiful, I recall looking in her eyes, and seeing only awkwardness though, it was kinda sad actually.

Obviously only visiting area, they were standing on side of street, she pointed one way,, he pointed the other, have a guess which way they walked... his way... for the record the other way was 100 times more interesting, but a glimpse into how he ruled her.

He looked like a right incel, so short, fat, old, bald.

Sounds horrible. It's amazing the lengths some men will go to cope with the fact that they aren't actual desirable.

• Advertisement

Yea, but come on, 1000's upon thousands of men do this. Very common.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Nail on head, aiming unrealistically high is a very bad idea , I'm marrying a woman I've never been all that attracted to physically but I love her in every other way and it's better than being alone

Some might view that as problematic but I'd wager its quite common

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BringBackDav

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

In the good ol’ days the position of Village Idiot was a solitary one. Then the internet arrived and they all found and validated each other. Incel is merely a subclass of village idiot. Way back then, there would have been one in each village. Now they have websites and jargon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

"Incel anger centres on the feeling of worthlessness that comes with being deprived romantic relationships."

Nope, it centers on insecurity.

Yes born out of being on the margins. There's probably a hint of vulnerable narcissism and a refusal to stay in their lane as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The margins are by choice. The only way to integrate is to force yourself to meet people. It’s like the best way to learn a language is to go to a country that speaks it and submerse yourself.

Btw, how do you know my dick size if you see me? Also, why are you obsessed with my dick?

Post edited by Fighting Tao on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'm not sure which is worse. Being with someone you're unattracted to or being with a beautiful Asian with sadness in her eyes.

• Advertisement

Sure how could anyone be insecure and be so self-entitled?

Incels can't tell the difference between want vs. need, need vs. deserve, deserve vs. owed to them. Going around thinking there's been some kind of terrible mistake that everyone's blind to, because they aren't recognised as being as important as they see themselves.

As for all this talk of romance, love and 'connection'. It's nothing to do with it. You can't be looking for love if you hate other people that much. Incels want to be able to use other people to prop up their own opinions of themselves and are outraged that they can't. It's not about love, it's about power.

Advertisement