Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald's offers

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭john boye

What are the burgers like since they changed them recently? Any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yeah even though I moved away from Dublin years ago I always just associate “town” with Dublin City😄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭con747

Be lucky to get 2 coffees and sandwiches in Dublin for that! Slight exaggeration there but not far off! I think the survey receipt still works with random numbers on it though for a sandwich and fries? If anyone used it lately let people know.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

https://www.reuters.com/business/retail-consumer/mcdonalds-sales-misses-estimates-customers-cut-back-spending-2024-04-30/

You’d often wonder how such incredibly wealthy and successful companies can be so stupid sometimes

”We’ve raised our prices so customers don’t seem to be buying as much”

Yeah no **** they aren’t, welcome to your first day of economics Jesus. You’re McDonalds, you’re not an upmarket boutique restaurant - you are the machine. I don’t go to McDonald’s for the lovely atmosphere etc I want cheap food that taste nice but make me want to take a shower after for when I’m hungover

There’s no shame in that McDonald’s, embrace what you are or lose us all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭con747

Only one direction they will go with their pricing here.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,938 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I enjoyed that 'medium meal plus happy meal for €11.50'

Gone are the days of that offer been under €10

• Registered Users Posts: 18 swejaysus

Anyone else been having trouble with the double McMuffin code? Tried to use it today and I’m pretty sure it caused the entire system in the restaurant to go down….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Whereabouts in Tralee? Something to try next time I go to my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭JVince

The small burger items (cheeseburger/double cheese burger) no difference. Maybe they didn't do any change there.

But on quarter pounder definitely a change. Definitely juicier and noticeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Grill and thrill in castle street. A kebab platter for 2 is 30e. Check their website

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

What have they actually changed about their burgers?

It's hard to understand all the marketing bonse to figure out what's actually different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

The fast-food chain's Big Mac, Quarter Pounder and Cheeseburgers are all set for taste changes.

Onions will now be placed on top of each beef patty while they are cooking on the grill for extra flavour.

The restaurant chain also promised to use a "tighter sear on the grill" to produce "hotter and juicier" burgers.

A new brioche-style bun will also be used by McDonald's restaurants across Ireland.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/mcdonalds-to-make-changes-to-some-of-its-most-popular-burgers-1599437.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah the survey receipt still works for Big Mac and medium fries for €3.90. Recently though Ive been using the receipt survey trick with Burger King, you get a free Whopper when buying a medium drink and fries which come to about €6. Nice to get the whole meal for €6 and a lot of Burger Kings now have free refills for the drink as they have self service soft drink dispensers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

American data but appears to mirror what we’ve seen here. I paid €8.95 for a quarter pounder in Amsterdam over the weekend, not for a meal, the burger alone - could hardly believe my eyes.

I’m absolutely not buying it again for the foreseeable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

It’s not particularly nice, cheap or particularly fast. That will be an increasingly difficult sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Have offers disappeared from everyone's app or is it just mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I read things that did not happen, like brioche bun, more sauce and "meltier cheese" which I took to mean a different recipe.

The bun is simply cooked more, so browner, the burgers are seared and so hotter and the cheese is put on this so melts a little better. There was a tiny sprinkle of onions on top of the burgers, said to be added during cooking. The bun definitely looked more brown, and burgers were definitely seared more. In a blind tasting I doubt I would tell them apart eating side by side, and I expect many people would think there is no change to bun or sear unless they had an old one to compare -I always remember the burgers as being very pale with no sear.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/ie/en-ie/latest/best-burger.html

Juicier Patties

First, we start by searing our 100% Irish beef patties so they’re even juicier.

Onions At The Grill    

Then, we add onions to the grill on our Big Mac® and Double Cheeseburger for extra flavour.

New Toastier Buns
    Next up, delicious new buns toasted slightly longer.

Meltier Cheese

Oh, and we’re serving our burgers hotter too, so the cheese is even meltier.

Advertisement