Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald's offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Here is one just taken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Sorry just saw your message, I see you got the code . I used this Friday in Douglas and she didn’t ask for the code from the app so I’ll try again this week

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

This is the extra value 4 euro meal code, got it today, doesn't work at the self service kiosk but works at the register. My phone won't let me screenshot the barcode screen, but heres the code

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Do they ask for the code at the till? My local has recently not allowed you to verbally state a code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Yes they did they scanned the barcode of the voucher, unfortunately my phone doesn't let me screenshot the barcode screen!

Post edited by Cookiee on

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think the iphone app allows it and the android version does not, on my phone anyway, my friend has an iphone and can do it and the screen looks different, like all the ones I see posted here. I tried a 3rd party screen shot software for android but it did not work.

Todays halloween special is a quarter with cheese €3, code not available yet.

€3 big mac is 71751063 (a big mac is gone to €5.70 on its own these days.)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

How does one punch in the various codes into a self kiosk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

start order, select eat in or take away.

Then on the "home' screen, there's a button top-ish right that says I have a voucher.

Press that and then press enter manually, down the bottom, when it is trying to scan for a barcode :)

• Advertisement

9 nuggets with 2 dips for €3 71153247 (usually €5.80)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Got the fries and double cheeseburger in the offers , today they were tiny

Is the menu a reduced size for the offers , the double was more like a single

if they were purposely smaller they would have different calorie counts. Double cheeseburgers are small, always were, I think it is common for people to misremember them, esp. if comparing to other burger places these days, which often have massive things, burger king ones are bigger too. The bun might have got smaller over the years, it did for big macs, but I would doubt the burgers on offer would differ than if you ordered and paid the usual amount. Checking on "way back machine" it was actually 445kcal in 2020 and 438kcal now.

I saw reviews and complaints about the philly stack burger, saying it was like a double cheese. Standard burgers in mcdonalds are 1/10th of a pound before cooking, 1.6oz, tiny compared to the likes of 6 or 8oz monsters which you might see these days. Philly patties were 2.6oz.

Triple cheese is good value at 3.40. Or the 3euro big mac can get extra cheese for 30cent, I get extra sauce, pickles and lettuce too. And of course the 3.90 receipt is still going and far better than many of the current deals, like I think that double cheese and fries was a fiver.

What's the 390 receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Have you used the €3,90 receipt recently please ? My go to order is Big Mac and fries willl they accept the receipt do you know

Yes, I use it frequently and there is never an issue. I just say "can I get the big mac and fries with this please". This is since the newer receipts do not state what you get anymore. It says something generic like "fill out this for a offer"

I cannot see this lasting much longer, either a price increase or a worse deal.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/ie/en-ie/terms-and-conditions/food-for-thought-terms-conditions.html

Offer: Purchase one Big Mac® or Filet-o-Fish® or Vegetable Deluxe and either one medium Fries or a Side Salad for €3.90.

If you ask nicely they might be able to swop the big mac for a similar value burger.

Is there a price list online I don't see it in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

Go onto just eat or similar and pick any location that has a delivery and you can see prices.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Tried the code at counter for the €4 EV meal today.

Lad behind counter said each branch has it's own code and my one didn't work where I was but he mucked around on terminal and found the button and I got it.

Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

The prices on Just-Eat are jacked up by about 10-15%.

• Advertisement

The mystery of the cups continues.

Two cups I got today, different branches, 1 with loyalty card, 1 without.

Is that not after you order the delivery fees go on? As in the McDonald's price is accurate but the delivery fee and processing fee goes on after your order total?

I don't think so. McDs are all franchises anyway, so the price differs from branch to branch.

No idea! I don't have either a McDonald's nor a Just Eat type service anywhere near me here in the sticks!

prices can vary as mentioned, but I find very little difference. Last I remember I think was a difference in price to upgrade a meal drink to a milkshake. I take photos of menus the odd time. This is from early nov.

The prices on uber eats etc are all over the place, some things cost way more some are not so much. I can see there the current philly stack ends on 21st nov. (this is coming out a bit blurry, it must be automatically compressing it)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

In fairness I worked there in the 90’s and it always cost a bit more to upgrade to a milkshake

yes, what I meant was one place might have been 80cent, and another was 60cent or so. You can see upgrade prices on that menu in the bottom corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was out of the country for six months but good to get back and see the 3.90 receipt trick for a Big Mac & Fries is still working. Better again when you sometimes get it for 3 euro if the staff member hits that button rather than the 3.90 one. In the Grafton St branch I was in a supervisor just threw the receipt I gave them in the bin which shows they dont really matter

Whats the status with the 8 digit codes, are they pretty much gone now or are there any working any more? The 5 euro double cheeseburger & fries on the app doesnt look particulary appealing, think that used to be 3 euro at one point?

the codes work but are just poor. The 3euro big mac is ongoing, I like that as I can customise all the extras, and I get extra cheese, while I do not have the nerve to ask for that with the receipt trick!

It used to be a big mac and medium fries for €3. Today there is a big mac and large fries for 5.50.

I can see the UK receipt deals have gotten more expensive.

2. Offer: (If you complete the Survey before 1st November 2023) Purchase six Chicken McNuggets® or one Big Mac® or Filet-o-Fish® or, McChicken® Sandwich or Quarter Pounder with Cheese® or McPlant® with either one medium Fries or one Side Salad for £1.99 or (if you complete the Survey on or after 1st November 2023) purchase six Chicken McNuggets® or one Big Mac® or Filet-o-Fish® or, McChicken® Sandwich or Quarter Pounder with Cheese® or McPlant® with either one medium Fries or one Side Salad for £2.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I caught the tail end of an ad yesterday for a €5 breakfast meal!

Anyone see it and have more details?

I can't find it online!

Advertisement