Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawkeye - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The more I think about the less the plot to this makes sense. I need to rewatch it but as far as I can recall, the tracksuits attacked the auction for the watch but the auction was organised by Eleanor? At her party? So why didn't Kingpin just ask her for it or buy it? Why was Armand killed? Maya then takes the watch, we still don't know why she wanted it or if it was Kingpin who wanted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

I didn't think the charity event was organised by Eleanor? Unless I'm misremembering they were attending the charity gala as guests?

Armand had discovered that Eleanor was involved with Kingpin (you can piece that together from their argument at the gala)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like there might be more to Mockingbird and the watch.

D’Onofrio on the watch

“I’m trying to figure it out like everyone else,” says the actor about the watch’s significance, “I’m in the same boat: I really need more information.”

On Kingpin

Kingpin’s fate, “I’m with the fans, I want to keep playing this part. My hope is that we continue.”

Was the charity event not organised by Eleanor? Ok maybe I got that wrong but you would think Kingpin would have a better way of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The Kingpin plan was just plain dumb. I don't think we need to make sense of it, just lazy writing. But why no cops or media turned up given the location of the fight, I don't know. I enjoyed the series but the last episode just felt off.

Did Kate Bishop actually kill anyone in the big fight? - think that would be a big thing for her as unlike Clint and Yelena she is not an assassin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not directly as far as I'm aware, and remember Clint is trying not to kill anyone as Hawkeye either. Ronin was the assassin and, like Bucky's Winter Solider moniker, he's trying to put the assassin side to bed.

Interview with Vincent D'Onofrio on the similarities and differences between Daredevil's Wilson Fisk and Hawkeye's Kingpin and whether he sees them as the same man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Overall it was a great show, The last episode was probably the weakest of its run, but there was still a lot to like. Although it was great seeing D'Onofrios Fisk, I think it changed the trajectory to the shows tone, and it didn't really fit. I was thinking that it would have been better to stick with Eleanor, Yelena and Echo as the antagonists, and saving Fisk as a big reveal at the end. A final showdown with Eleanor / Kate would have worked better IMO.

The heart of the show was Clint and Kate. Renner and Steinfeld have excellent chemistry and the last episode really solidified their relationship. Renner is an excellent actor and it was great seeing him wear the costume for Kate. His hero speech was also a great callback to the one he gave to Wanda.

Since I watched Black Widow Ive wanted Clint to have a conversation with Yelena about how much Nat meant to him, and I think the writers done a good job with this. I thought the whistle was the perfect way to convey it.

While probably not the MCUs best show, I think it was the most enjoyable one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I watched the series finale earlier (or is it season finale?)

Great stuff. Love seeing all the trick arrows (pity there wasn’t more of them in the movies), loved the fight between Kate and Fisk, and the confrontation between Clint and Yalena was brilliant. And the owl moment was hilarious.

It was obvious from the previous episode that Laura was a former government agent so I thought I thought they were just dropping some hints as to how she met Hawkeye but I wasn’t expecting that watch to be hers. They never did explain why the Tracksuits raided the auction for the watch. Does the number engraved on the watch mean her code name in S.H.I.E.L.D. was Agent 19 ? Is that of some significance or just more hints as to her backstory?

The episode was a fantastic end to a great series (season?). Looking forward to more Kingpin and (I assume) Kate & Yalena becoming a crime fighting duo in the future.

Also looking forward to the Echo series. I had never heard of the character before and it will be interesting to see what they do with her.

This doesn’t mean though that the Netflix Daredevil show is part of the MCU now. It just means the actor is approaching the role in the same way. I really liked the series but it is is dark and grim for the MCU.

It is really good having D’Onofrio and Cox in the MCU and really having D’Onofrio play him as that same personality.

The fight with Kate was brilliant. Did Fisk have that kind of strength in Daredevil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Did Fisk have that kind of strength in Daredevil

I don't remember him being that strong in Daredevil, yes he was strong but being pummelled by a car nope - more like he was able to pummel people

In the final fight scene with Daredevil they were both bloodied and bruised - then again I could be remembering it all wrong

Post edited by fritzelly on

I assumed armoured suit like what he had in Daredevil but it does appear he's got hold of some serum somewhere. Powerbrooker/Val perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It was okay. Watchable, not great. Like most of Marvel's stuff of late. Sprinkles of some good stuff in there but pretty poorly written. There was a ton of stupidity in the finale. Hawkeye in the tree, first responders in cosplay, jack with a sword. All ridiculous. And don't get me started on Kingpin. The character we saw from Daredevil deserved better writing than this. I've rewatched Daredevil recently and that show is just leagues ahead of what we just got.

I would consider myself a big MCU fan but consider Falcon and the winter soldier, Loki, Shang-Chi, and Hawkeye as pretty meh. Of the Netflix shows, I think Wandavision did the best job.

There has been a lack of quality lately. Maybe it's too much freedom? Too many properties being run by different people without enough oversight? I don't know but I'd like to because this "phase" of marvel is not living up to what has come before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Can't find easy access clip on youtube of dude saying "look at big tough hawkeye on prony" for the quick reliving of the lol 😕

I stand corrected! This works so well on a loop 😁

"Big, strong Hawkeye riding prony"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I think they really missed a trick by not having old Captain America in the audience at the musical, bopping along with a big cheesy grin on his face….

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I expected to see Yelena in the audience for the musical. Though might be risky if she's a critic of Natasha's portrayal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Caught the end of this and, a little slapdash but not enough to derail the overall experience; it remains an overall excellent, character driven show. Though I'm in two minds about the Kingpin we met. Much watered down from what we saw in Daredevil; which, yeah sure. That Netflix show was hardcore R at times (no repeat of him smashing a guys head to pulp with a car door), but this version felt way too cartoon'y, making him apparently powered too arbitrary. Mind you, as coy as that last shot was, it wouldn't surprise me if he's really dead; Marvel just can't keep it's good villains alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Think I enjoyed this the most of the recent marvel stuff but after seeing Kingpin and googling him I can’t seem to find a daredevil thread which has 3 seasons on Netflix, I watched the first 2 episodes today and loved it. What’s the general consensus on it? An 18s rating sounds promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Kingpin/Echo final scene before they fade away and we hear the gunshot is taken from the comics

He is that sophisticated Kingpin from the Daredevil series* - we just don’t see here as it isn’t part of this story.

Vincent D’Onifrio has he is playing the same character the same way. The whole alternate universe think doesn’t affect his approach to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I know there was a comics origin to it, but the Hawaiian shirt and random super strength was a bit jarring - compared with the more subtle, simmering bulk of the Netflix show. It was a louder performance.

It makes me worry that when Daredevil arrives, there'll be none of the bloody knuckles and obvious human limits of Murdock, and he'll be flipping about in CGI glory.

The Hawaiian shirt didn't sit well with me either. His super strength didn't really bother me but I don't think they'd earned that fight, KP meant nothing to Kate Bishop aside from the odd hint from Clint about "the big guy". It certainly wasn't the triumphant return I was expecting but it more to do with the fact that he was completely unnecessary.

It is an awful travesty but I loved it :)

when they showed the full song being performed at the end of the final episode I 100% excepted them to reveal Yalena in the audience either totally enjoying it or dropping a profanity in Russian, baffled at American culture.

I don’t know if I’m disappointed she wasn’t there or think it a good thing she wasn’t because it was too predictable

I'm still stuck on this one. One of yer posts earlier got me to click play on it again

One thing I'm a bit unclear on. Where does "Val" fit into all of this? At the end of Black Widow, she's the one handing Yelena a picture of Clint as the Ronin and saying, how'd you like to kill him for being responsible for Natasha's death? Yet by the time Hawkeye is on, Yelena tells Kate that Eleanor Bishop took out the hit on orders from Fisk. Val is never mentioned. Was she just a messenger?

Advertisement