Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter 2021/2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The water levels at the moment are surprisingly low so the water courses will be able to handle it at least.

This site should be able to give you local levels.

https://waterlevel.ie/

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A more lovely day it would be hard to imagine. Very cold but totally beautiful.

Beautiful day sun setting and 2 jets heading in opposite directions

"Come fly with me.." Lovely photo; may I use it as my front page please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

We went up to Strandhill, Sligo today. Stunning not a breath of wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Lovely winter sunshine in Mayo also for most of the day with plenty of blue skies and barely the hint of a breeze. High cloud started to encroach from the west towards evening but it didn't detract at all from what was a pet December day.

Below: Lough Conn and Nephin earlier today in the winter sunlight.

Below: Some wispy cirrus clouds were also on view today and in the far off distance the first signs of this evening's incoming weather front from the west.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a beautiful weekend here in Meath if a little on the chilly side, not a cloud in the sky since Friday. Both today and yesterday clear blue skies from sunrise to sunset.

Still as still can be; I took advantage of that to invest in some deep, peaceful sleep ahead of Barra.

After lingering long both at the front gate. gazing at distant Croagh Patrick and then, as I went round the back for yet another bag of turf, at the wide Atlantic. The surroundings are beguiling in every direction.

And skyscapes in an infinite evanescent parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

There's a nice conjunction out this evening if anyone has clear skies looking south SSW.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another sunny day here in Meath, day 3 of blue skies, sunshine and not a cloud in the sky. I expect tomorrow and Wednesday to be a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

0.4c at the minute and frost on the grass here in meath, might not last to long, i haven't looked in on the storm thread, might be best to keep it that way 😄

very frosty here too, no wind and stars throughout the sky, the calm before the storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

For those of you disappointed by the 'calm' autumn you must be looking forward to the drama that is to come tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone!

Hopefully this is the first and last wind storm of the winter. The good news is that it does look like were going to a much quieter period as we get closer to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wow its a lot wilder than I expected here in North County Dublin this morning, worse than Storm Ophelia here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This wretched night has me really looking forward to the settled weather in 9 or 10 days time. This kind of useless cold with just rain and sleet, but not cold enough for snow at lower levels, does my head in.

Blustery old day here in Meath, was rough enough around 5am to 8am but nothing out of the ordinary thankfully compared to elsewhere

After 3 lovely sunny days today was quiet a change. Not much in the way of rain but damp all day and windy at times. Looks to be more in the way of rain on the way tonight and it could turn to sleet in places with snow possible over high ground.

• Advertisement

Not much happening here in Meath tonight. It's windy but nothing serious and the rain/snow has been nothing more than spots of drizzle and some light rain on and off.

Truly awful day here in meath today, worse then yesterday, very blustery, cold (temp is saying 4.3c) and miserably wet

Yep an absolute horrendous day here too. Cold, wet Atlantic slop. Looking forward to the milder and dryer next week. This is the worst type of cold, the cold from the Atlantic that is enough to make everything feel really cold yet isn't cold enough for sleet or snow. Once we get the mild weather back next week I hope the next cold spell is the real deal from the Artic/Russia and not this miserable cold zonality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭billyhead

True. Rain, cold and wind is the worst type of weather. Absolute pain in the hole when out in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Well next week looks like hp will be replacing this wind and rain. Hopefully a cold and frosty high ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well shur at least sunset won't be any earlier after this evening (N Tipp)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Bitter cold day in Tralee today, quite breezy at times especially during the big rain and hail showers, icy Windchill. A few bursts of sun in the afternoon made it bright at times until the next big hail shower came along.

Pic about 14.00

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Dry and mostly sunny but quite breezy and cold in southern Laois today. Maxed out on the Davis with a 7.1c recording.

Loud heavy hail shower broke the peaceful silence of the night. The wind is loud still .. The day was variable, but supplies came over

West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

The haily pic above is replicated in Sligo or was at about 11.

When does that small feature around Sunday become a storm threat for the NW. It gets a smidgeon deeper on each run. Then after it dries out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement