Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo GAA Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

As much as Id love to see Mayo win, I think Dublin will score at least 2 goals and win by 5/6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

What iam hearing is that you ring crocker for tickets and If you get through you can pick them up from your club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'd imagine they would laugh down the phone at you if you rang looking for a ticket. Can't see them being set up to take 20,000 phone calls and personal details to send to clubs for collection. It would be a logistical and admin nightmare. I'd be genuinely surprised if there is any truth at all to that.

Each club will be given an allocation and it's up to them to let members register their interest and have a draw or whatever way they deem fairest.

Example in my club, we got 10 tickets for the Tipp game and got 4 for the Cork game. They'll probably get about 30-50 for the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭dunnerc

The evidence is there for all to see , lack of pace , motivation etc , but sure its all opinions anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Totally but I think what you will see is a gradual decline of Dublin and then a rebuild will happen, a bit like what we are going through.They are definitely not at the same level currently but that's not to say that they can't drive it to that level for a game or two. We would be very foolish to think that they are in a big decline because they are not. If anything I would say they look a bit tired in their play and I think this is why we have not seen as many goals from them. The way they play the ball from side to side until they get an opening/player off the shoulder in a pocket of space is very impressive.. a bit like treating a team like an elastic band to a degree.

They are still the team to beat as Kerry have played nobody and we have only played Galway who put it up to us and got a great second performance out of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Anyone is vulnerable to Mayo in a semi final as we've seen in the past but this is an exceptional team. They have so many match winners that it will only take a few to really switch on on the day to pull ahead and finish the game as we've seen so often in the past. An on fire con o Callaghan, Kilkenny or Fenton are match winners. They will emerge when needed. Exceptional teams do that and this is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭dunnerc

I hope your right obviously , but i cant see it to be honest , something is not right in that Dublin camp , anyway we will find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Exellent pod between Billy Joe & Rochford from Mayo News

I always found Rob Murphy quite annoying but with him gone you can see how hard an anchors job is on a pod like this

On the Dublin game, I think the hope is over hyped, they haven't been challenged yet and we are not as good as last year, couldn't be when we are missing Cillian and Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I'm not buying that Dublin have regressed as much as has been portrayed. I think they have perhaps regressed slightly, but I don't see that Mayo have improved sufficiently to bridge the gap in any case, particularly without Cillian but also given we're operating with a makeshift full back line.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we were to win, but I have no expectations that it will happen, truth be told.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

So the Hill is open ......but stands will remain 3/4 empty

It makes no sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Maybe not serious decline but compared to winning margins in the past 2 years of 15,16 and 21 against the same opposition suggest they are not operating at that level now

Rochford makes alot of good points but Billy Joe is blinded by tinted glasses. I doubt it will be long before Rochford is managing for some county again if the right job comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Yes but the point I was making is that form can easily switch from game to game. We've seen it from Mayo in the past. Dublin still have the best starting 15 in the country on paper and apart from 1 or 2 they're all in their prime in terms of age.

It's not like they're playing poorly either. The first half against Meath was outstanding. When Meath closed the gap to 3 Dublin got the last 3 points of the game to close it out. Against Kildare after Flynn got the goal, Dublin tagged on a couple of points to kill any bit of momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Ah they have regressed a bit. That doesn't mean they still won't be very difficult to beat or that they can't still win the All Ireland - they definitely can and I fully expect them to come out the traps fast the next day. But I think it's completely disingenuous to claim that nothing has changed with their squad since Jim Gavin left or even since the final last year.

I don't know if we have what it takes to beat them, but I think we have as good a chance as we've had in a few years tbh.

Well Comerford hasn’t been tested yet, easy enough to look good when you’re playing Wexford, harder when Mayo or more likely Kerry are doing a full court press and you have to find Fenton out on the wing. Time will tell if he is able for it.

No doubt though that Dublin are weaker without Cluxton, IMO the most influential footballer I’ll ever see, the one irreplaceable player for Dublin.

The absolute ****

There’s one big job just down the road that Rochford would love and would be a great appointment for them.

Hopefully we never see it

History might repeat itself and a Mayo man might lead a team to a couple of all Ireland's like in 98 and 01.

Wash your mouth out, you shouldn’t even be joking about things like that

On the match, it’s probably the first time in a few years that when we talk about match-ups we’re not just talking about who from Mayo will pick up who from Dublin. They’ll have to give real thought to do they try and spoil Ruane with McCarthy, who picks up ROD, Conroy and Durcan, Mullen and what they do with AOS. Good position to be in

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Anyone get the ticketmaster link for your tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Shorty69664

Yes.. but it's not allowing us to pay for them. Weird!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

got mail, you need to click on the invoice link in the mail, pay the invoice, then you can download the tickets. going to pour myself a drink to celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Shorty69664

Did that, but the invoice is showing the cost as 0.00 so can't pay.. will have to ring them I guess...

Send it to me there and I will check it for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Surely O'Shea has to play on the edge of the square. His playmaking and tackling ability is valuable further out but his lack of pace is always exposed by the Dublin runners. Dublin won't have Cian O'Sullivan or McMahon starting either and Comerford is not a big man, so it's an absolute no brainer for me. One thing Mayo will have to get right though is the ball into him. A few years ago Parsons and Seamus O'Shea pumped stupid balls at him while he was isolated... Dublin saw them coming and it was just wasted possession. If Mayo vary the game as they should (they have the personnel to it) and pick their moments to use O'Shea he could be the winning of the game.

Looking forward to it. Mayo were boundless in the Connacht final. Dublin have been sending out distress signals. It sets it up nicely.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Section 310. Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Still waiting for an email here.

Apparently there has been issues with people not getting their tickets yet.

Anyone else have problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Are tickets all sold out? Can they be bought online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

I'd say a few will go up on ticketmaster sometime this week.

Advertisement