Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifications

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I'm getting these random notifications too, only started since this morning. I have unchecked everything in my preferences. Extremely annoying and another reason to consider not bothering using Boards any more which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can admin not turn off notifications altogether till this is fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

#metoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,906 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Isn't ironic that they said the old version of boards was broken but this incarnation is so **** broken beyond doubt

Getting **** spammed by notifications, it's so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

A random notification brought me here. I agree with turning them off until this is fixed.

• Advertisement

It looks like I'm getting notifications for threads that are in forums I followed on the old site. Oddly enough, aside from this thread all the notifications are for threads I know I have read at some point (but not all were followed). Could be a coincidence I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

So many notifications, lots of triplicate pop ups. Have removed all ticks in settings so nothing enabled and still getting them.

Please make it stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Correct, looks like they made a balls of migrating over the old followed forums - they don't show up in the new followed categories section, but they do have notifications switched on 🙄

Workaround for stopping the "random" notifications

(On desktop version) Go to the parent forum of any thread you're getting notifications for, and click the "Follow 🔔" button in the top right. Choose the "Follow" option from the radio button selection, then change it back to "Unfollow" (or you can leave it at Follow if you want it to show up in your followed categories, either way the notifications should stop)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Following the parent forum them unfollowing seems to have worked, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Hello Niamh,

For me it started happening last night. It seems to happen randomly to threads that I don't follow or even accesses before - These threads are in forums that I used to follow before the migration - for example the Fantasy Arena (where the majority of notifications came for me).

I will try to disable all notification settings and let you know.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Here as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Getting alerts from cryptocurrency and the gentleman’s club

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not sure what's going on today, Notifications from threads I've never posted in, bizzarely users apparently mentioning me when they are absolutely not.

Thankfully I've long disabled email notifications due to prolonged issues never resolved prior to new platform launch.

Will, can? This new issue be resolved 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Same as myself, started from this morning.

The site is an absolute shambles and has rightly died off, things should have been left as they were.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Same thing is happening to me too. Getting loads of notifications for forums I have looked at in the past, but I haven't followed or posted on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is there any admins reading this thread,Any chance this could be resolved or at least give us an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

We have to go away and fix it ourselves apparently.

Or we could just feck off.

• Advertisement

Also lots of pop ups on left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ratracer

+1 on this, it’s a load of balls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

This is happening to me too. Posts & forums I've never subscribed to. Over 100 notifications today. Absolute bull. Site has gone to the absolute dogs. It's pretty much unusable these days.

At what point are you guys going to call it quits & roll back the mistake you made?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Same for me with notifications.they keep piling into y accout for subjexcts I've never looked at/responded to.Also,got 2 subjects listed in discussions that are years old-nothing to do with me.Hain in the pole

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I spent weeks trying to solve a similar issue before new site launched and eventually had to turn off email notifications, I was getting email notifications at un godly hours from threads I'd posted in, weeks previously, threads I hadn't, even threads actually closed. I was also getting repeated PM email notifications for PM"s already checked and responded too. I continue to stop any email notifications and just bookmark any threads I'm currently following.

I also got caught up on that recent attack we're some idiot exploited the flag button feature, this clown was literally being blocked and setting up new user names live, it went on for hours with many users losing points that were never reinstated.

This latest notification nonsense are coming from a user (I believe not at fault) from a particular thread within a forum, the thread I'm not following nor have posted on. Yesterday it was a different user, different thread within same forum.

Last night about 8 after 12.30 am. Screenshot of some, last one, ligitimate, from your goodself 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I've turned off every notification type.

Still getting pop ups and still getting the red numbers over the bell

can you just fix it please, its **** ridiculous at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Sigh...I'm trying to hang in there, but this new issue is highly irritating. I've everything turned off, but still getting hundreds of notifications in red and pop-ups also.

Arrrggggghhhhhhhhhh, someone in power fúcking do something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Suddenly got notifications at the weekend.

Getting pop ups today.

The site is well and truly screwed.

Advertisement