Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - What's it like now?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Less flights departing.. but then they could have less lanes open than T1....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is Fasttrack in T2 still closed?

I'm flying Friday morning @ 11:30 so was planning to be there for about 8AM ish. Which is a total pain in the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not as big a pain as potentially having to be there at 3.30am for a 7am flight!😭

By 11.30 the worst of the morning rush should be over, so I'm not sure I'd be going the full 3.5 hours in advance. Plus, Terminal 2, in my experience (all pre-this-shambles, admittedly) is always waaaaay more civilised than T1.

But I have no inside knowledge, so don't take that as advice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭elgicko

Just been through Dublin airport for the first time since COVID began.

Horrible experience. I am flying to the USA. First stop was checking, with verifly, supposed to be a seamless experience, until you realise that you are in a queue with 300 other people, most of which have not completed the verifly process. What is the point in completing a process supposed to speed up the process where you have to stand in a queue for over 1 hour.

Then onto security check in. 45 mins later, then onto another queue for US immigration, 45 mins later. Then queue for plane, then over 1 hour delay sitting on tarmac. AGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

DAA, get you F#&ING house in order!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Bear in mind verify doesnt work if say you are using a covid recovery cert so its not passengers fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Flew to London on Friday, flight was at 1pm so was in the security queue around 11am. Unfortunately I chose the line that had the hen party in it - seemingly unaware of what's required to travel on an airplane for the last 20 years - so it took around 30 minutes to get through. Not bad given the recent delays, but if it wasn't for that hold up I would've been through in about 10 - 15 minutes.

The airport itself was very busy - bars are restaurants were very full looking. I was never one for drinking pints before a flight so I just picked up my usual supplies, and got a coffee and cake at Butlers (where there was no one in the queue) and walked to my gate. I saw the Ryanair gates were bedlam but up at the BA gate it was very quiet and chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The only part of your rant today 6 is under the control of DAA is security!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi, does anyone know if Fast Track in T1 in Dublin is actually open, this week? I'm getting conflicting information.

Also, are there still long queues to get into the airport/to the check-in desks?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Re: Fast Track note not taking new bookings through Dublin Airport website.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You can add on as an extra with Ryanair if that helps anyone.

God be with the days on here when there were free fast track codes!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

How is it at Dublin old Ryanair terminal lately ?

Relative has a flight at 6.30 tomorrow, no check in luggage , 2 hrs before departure should be ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Hi all, family of 3 ad +1 teen flying out of T1 on a Friday afternoon nx month. Thinking of booking the East lounge for us. Just wondering is it worth it,, €100 for us. We're flying FR to France so I presume we'll have a good walk from the lounge to the FR gates in T1?.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Flew for the 4th or 5th time through Dublin since the pandemic, a T2 afternoon flight. Again no issues. No queue at security and flew through it. No issue getting a seat in the restaurant. No issue getting a seat at the gate.

It wasnt perfect (bogs stink, one cubicle even had no toilet paper, broken tiles in the restaurant area etc) but still damn chilled and a different more calm vibe than departing from T1.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Flying out of T1 on Wednesday afternoon, anyone experience any security delays on mid afternoon flights,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

We're flying from T1 this Friday morning, at 7:50 to LHR.

What time do you think i should be there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭markpb

I was at the airport this evening. Traffic on the approach road was busy but I was the only person in Aer Lingus check-in (at 6pm) and in a queue of four people at security (at 6:05pm). T2 was deserted and all the restaurants were closed so I wandered over to T1 with all my spare time (2 hours). It was the complete opposite - almost every lane at security was open and the queue was as far back as I could see. The queues for Burger King were daft, Marquette was very busy but the Market Bar was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭kindalen

Presumably no issue with going through T2 security if you are departing from T1?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭markpb

AFAIK check in (if needed) and bag drop has be done in the correct terminal but security can be cleared in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mumser

I dropped my son off at 5.50am for an 8.20am flight last Friday. The airport looked very busy. The live security queue time was reported as 45 minutes, on the website, and that’s what it took him too. He did have time for breakfast and had already checked in with no bag drop. So depending on your tolerance for stress I’d say arrive 2.5 hours prior to departure for a flight at that time of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've been through the airport twice recently - Easter week for a 7am flight (T1), and a normal Thursday for an 11am flight (T2, but gate was T1).

The Easter week flight was just after the height of the mayhem, the place was absolutely bunged but we were through in about 45 mins. Less an hour from parking the car in the Red car park.

The more recent flight there was no problem whatsoever (apart from picking the wrong security lane and getting stuck behind a gang to whom everything seemed to be a surprise 🙄).

Airside early morning is very busy, so if you want your coffee and a leisurely breakfast, I'd be getting there plenty early.

If you want to clear security and head straight to you gate and wait there, then there is absolutely no problem with the usual 2 hours for European flights, IMO.

There has been no report of anyone missing flights (or even nearly missing flights) since weeks before Easter.

The media are still occasionally hyping it up with photos of huge crowds, but I haven't heard of anyone taking longer than an hour to clear security in absolutely ages (and I've heard more 20/15 mins or straight through stories tbh).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,252 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I've got a flight leaving in the morning to Canada, departing 10:15.

Any suggestion on what time to get there? I'd really prefer to get breakfast at the hotel before going down as airplane food is muck but that would mean not reaching the airport til about 7:45, 2hr 30min before my flight.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Leave now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So flying out 11:30 flight (I think) to Bristol on Thursday 23/June with Ryanair. Will have rucksack/tent (Going to Glasto). But This will be OK weight-wise (No faffing about)

Is there any point in upping to Fastpass? Or is the issue simply before Security? Any idea when I should go to Airport. I was planning on 3 hours before. Is this enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Any recent issues with fast track on a Ryanair booking that was added to booking after DAA stopped accepting bookings, these people still able to use the fast track lane & are getting through, no problem?

we’ve a 07.40 flight on June 9th

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Added one the week after DAA stopped selling them and got through no problems

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Used it last weekend, no problems. Booked it as an extra through Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭StevenToast

No tinkers fighting today

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

I will let you know, flying tomorrow booked fast-track yesterday via Ryanair website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭boccy23

Can you just book the Fast Track without flying Ryanair?

Advertisement