Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Hot

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I agree some ppl have a hard time of it at work. I passed by some construction work going on the other day with all they guys wearing full constriction gear and I felt sorry for them. In my distant past life I used to work in kitchens in London and on hot days I would leave the premises with damp trousers after 10 hours shifts. Horrible. Incidently I've never done that kind of sunshine holiday (by the pool or beech). Well once I did, really not my cup of tea. I like to be active and I can't imagine anything more of a waste of a holiday than lying on a beech towel in the sun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Live in a micro climate. Surrounded on three sides by water. The remaining side by high mountains.

Some sun is nice but you can have that without all that clamminess the last few nights. That's disgusting. I prefer winter as you can have nice sunny days but there's a nice chill outside and it's very clear and the nights are fresh and great for astronomy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I can't believe it. I figured the fan out but it's too late now. It might come in handy if we get another heatwave again soon.

The fan blowing out nothingness was a simple fix that any of you can do. Aerodynamics. That little silver or black screw on the front of the fan with a tiny nut behind it, take that off and the front part of the fan, then clean all of the edges of the fan-blades, don't use water, just use any towel-cloth then put it back together and you will have 100% air intake and extraction for your comfort. The edges of the blades get lint and dust accumulations after even 4 days, so to keep your fan 100% breeze flow, I recommend a clean of the blades once every 6/7 days. Trust me, this does the job.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Bingo. When I first arrive on holiday, until I get settled into my hotel room and find my bearings, I find myself very uncomfortable and drained.

I bought an industrial fan after two year’s ago humid, cloudy nightmare of a summer. It taunted me last summer. It was barely needed and was so loud. I really regretted buying it. Well, it has paid for itself this week. I didn’t have one sleepless night. I enjoyed the warmth and it kept the humidity at bay. Meanwhile it kept my husband nice and cool during his working from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't I head straight to the room. Dump my bag/s and lock the door go down to pool strip naked and jump into pool get out and stand there to dry off and see everyone staring at my micro penis.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bye bye! scorchio 🙋‍♂️

see you next summer (hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I CAN SLEEP AGAIN!!! Finally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I could sleep all the time but used to wake up soaking from sweat. Well not soaking but my pyjama bottom would be a bit damp. About half way through the week of good weather I decided to not wear the pyjama top. Great decision. Last night I decided to wear it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,789 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve no issue with heat but fûck this humidity I just feel like I’m back in the South of France but without the views and holiday vibes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

and sexy women😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Holy shite it's depressing out there. Feels like early October.

Ahh, that's a bit better. Cooler weather with a north-westerly breeze, beautiful, if it only stayed like this every summer. Looking forward to minus 20°C come winter, snow covering all of Ireland 6 feet deep while I'm in my tee-shirt shoveling the drive-way. Nice cool nights coming in september so it's looking very nice indeed.

It’s cold.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It’s like we’ve gone from scorching July to chilly March in less than 5 days...

they say 'a week is a long time in politics'

the same could be said for weather too, this day last week i was sweating the balls off myself and now look - it's dull & dreary 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Sooner depressive than oppressive. Fresh outlook; air quality good a sweet 16c nice canopy overhead…. marvellous

Nice to be sleeping good again too.

Advertisement