Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's Hot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's roasting inside the house, I left every window and door open thinking if get some kind of breeze blowing through the house but of course not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Hottest parts of Ireland appear to be in the North West direction. Roscommon reportedly just recorded the hottest temperature of the year so far (30.1c) rumours Castlederg in West Tyrone just broke the all time record in NI (31.3c). Feels about 30c here in Omagh.

It's better now that you can get Aperol spritz in Dublin at last.

So have I. It's always too warm, or wet or windy or cold, or too worky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Have a few days off work and found myself near the Dort this morning, so I took it down to Bray, and sat on the beach (such as it is) with a book. If it gets this crowded by 12 on a Wednesday, I don't want to know what it's going to be like on the Bank Holiday weekend.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

This is a weird Azores high. I can't function in this kind of humidity. What is it with Ireland, why is it such dead heat, Help!. The large fan is no longer pumping out cool air, it's just pumping out hot air so useless now. I also cannot understand why so many people like this crap heat.

Yours sincerely

Hot and bothered

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

I HATE it!!!!!!

Apart from going to and from work I didn't step outside the door today. Driving is so uncomfortable and my sinuses have gone bonkers. There is zero comfort in this weather for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Getting used to it by now. Could do with it being turned up a notch.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

I don't mind warm and hot weather but the humidity drives me insane. Can't walk anywhere or do anything without being a sweaty mess.

• Advertisement

It’s to cool by Saturday to 22 degrees or so. Much more manageable.

Rain and below 20 on Tuesday. I know I’ll hate the rain when I see it but at least the night time temperature will be nice and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I dont mind the heat at all, its the constant over reminders of health and safety horse sh*te I have to listen to at every turn. Watch out for sun stroke, watch out for sun burn, dont walk your dog all day as they will die, do go swimming, dont drive too fast blah blah blah - sick to death of every outlet hitting me with this Nanny state shite.

Why cant a 2fm DJ just introduce a tune without telling me to put sun screen on ? Jesus H.

2FM is insufferable at the best of times in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Turn 2fm the f**k off man. Turn all that crap off. If you won the lotto they'd be warning you about the dangers of it. Get new tunes immediately

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The fan is just circulating the same air isn’t it? Which is warm, anyway so what’s the point…

fuhkin famished I am, no appetite might have a little nibble around midnight. Like a gremlin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

We caved and went down to the nearest homeware store yesterday and bought three fans. There was a sense of panic in the shop with people like us hoarding fans (remember the bread riots of the 2018 snow event?!)

I have to say, the fans make a massive difference. Trick with the fans is turn them on first thing in the morning and then in the evening with windows open to get the cooler air in. Between 10-5, pull the blinds down and only open windows if there is a breeze. With that said, we have a conservatory attached to kitchen which is like a fcuking Furness so just avoid kitchen as much as possible

Well, sheet. Call me Columbo, but is it Texas? Some of the best people I know are from TX. Thinking of going back there for a while once I'm fully vaccinated. :) Anyway, I never could get used to the heat there even with me A/C set to Iceland and a plentiful supply of Tecate and Mexican Cokes. Parts of Mexico are even hotter and muggier than TX and A/C wouldn't be as common.. nearly killed me. You'd probably be fine, ya weirdo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

Absolutely love this weather! Took off to the beach today. It’s a rare day you can comfortably dry off in the sun at 4 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and the thing is the sunny southest is actually the coolest place temp wise these past few days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Tellya what, mate, Dubliners are flocking to the beaches. Seapoint was MOBBED with happy people frolicking in the waves. Including me!

PS The water a balmy 16C, or 60F in the old money - maybe even more. That's really warm for the Irish Sea, take it from one who knows.

And there's a delicious cooling breeze at the waterside. What a fantastic resource - and all free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I sometimes prefer the breeze from driving with the windows open vs the AC. I usually alternate tbh. It makes me tingly when the wind bellows my beard as I drive along. Like a dog with its head out the window!

Too hot for me, I work nights so sleeping during the day with an eastern facing room is not fun. Getting bouts of about 20 min sleep before waking. I heard tonight was supposed to be the warmest, but last night was worse. Bring on next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I just need the AC pumped in to my veins, have been doing casual trips to absolutely nowhere just to cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'd happily frolic in the waves but I can't handle being around big mobs of people, especially not on a beach in this weather. I'd prefer a nice secluded beach which very few people know about and to just chill there with a decent book or go for a nice swim.

As another poster suggested I'll have to start leaving out containers of water for the birds because a lot of sparrows come in to my garden and there's a blackbird living in one of my bushes. At night I leave my bathroom window open with just the blinds closed, and I leave the en suite door open with the window in there wide open also so the room doesn't get too hot thankfully. I just lie outside the covers with a light vest and nothing else on so everything gets cool 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why drive? just sit in it parked up and switch on the AC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I've a bog plot for turf which came with my house and I reckon I sweated away a stone in weight yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Loving this weather, out and about in the van with the windows down, fabulously tanned now. Sweltered on Saturday, I went through 6 litres of water during the day

Not everyone is happy though; they don't like how I'm enjoying this and managing the heat. It's not my fault they can't handle the heat... And I hope they burn further in the sunlight

Is it true that 85F is the melting point of Reason?

That's a bit mean. In return karma will grant you 45+ weeks of shite weather for the rest of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Protip: Keep your curtains closed folks.

Stops the greenhouse effect happening to the air in your house. It definitely helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

I like it.

Advertisement