Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Hot

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bloody love it. More please. 🙂

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Too hot in this climate, i can take a dry heat in hot countries but ireland has too high humidity and just drains you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA trying to work out where Ranting and Raving is, used to have a tab at top right called My Forums and it was just a matter of clicking that. I love this thread and R&R is a whole bunch of this in different threads. Can any kind soul point me in the direction of finding R&R.

Fcuk sake wrong thread and I can't bloody delete it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

My bedroom gets the sun so it's like a sauna on a hot day like today, and no escaping the heat inside or outside. Had 3 cool showers today and still sweating. But it's cool outside right now, so sitting outside at this hour on the sun lounger to cool down.

Lived where it gets to over 100F almost every day in summer with extremely high humidity. Today reminded me of it, but also reminded me that I had a/c, which I don't have here. In fact, if a landlord let the indoor temp get as high as it has been here today for more than 24 hours without fixing the a/c, they would be in trouble and would have to provide alternative accommodation.

The counterintuitive thing is that even though it was roasting there, I was always nice and cool when inside because of the a/c, whereas here there is no relief at all, so it feels way hotter here even though it's at least 20F cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

16C this morning at 6am... feck the feck off like! Gonna be fun trying to get some sleep in this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone ever buy this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

For one of the first times ever, myself and missus have struck good booking a holiday and getting good weather.

We've taken the cloud, rain and/or chill with us to Spain, France, Italy, Australia, Tenerife at this stage.

So finally, this maybe the breaking of that run! Pity the hotel down here in Kerry isn't built for such heat. The rooms are like saunas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I swear I must be one of the few Irish people who loves this kinda weather when it happens here.

Clear skies, great heat and a gentle breeze. I've spent the last two days in my backyard just basking in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I couldnt get a tan if my life depended on it even i went shirtless for three months straight so this weather is wasted on me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely weather....have hay turned and all before 11 am

If only we could get a month or two of this🥰

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its an evaporative cooler. Search that online for more info on how it works. It wouldnt be something id fancy as the humidity levels in ireland are very high anyway. They are nicknamed a swamp cooler in the USA for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Yesterday evening the missus threw the child's buggy into the utility room and accidently clipped on the central heating. Was on for a good half hour until I came into the house and nearly melted!! Couldn't sleep with the heat in the place last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Streets in my local town are completely deserted. Either everybody is gone to beach or they all burned the arse of themselves yesterday and are sitting at home like a frazzled rigid ranchero crisp

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Bought a portable AC unit maybe 10 years ago when the summers started to get hotter. Currently have the living room like an ice box and loving life. It only gets two or three weeks use total per year but it's hands down the best gadget I own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Way to hot for me but indoors in an old stone built cottage is way cooler than being outside so guess where I am - yes sitting in front of a computer - in the cool

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Its too hot ,but i suppose people like going to the beach, i hope it cools down in a few weeks, i think ireland now is as hot as spain.i just remember as a teen we might get 2-3 weeks of hot weather .20-25 degrees on average .

i think ireland will get warmer every year ,

in some american citys its very hot , heat records are being broken going back a 100 years .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Today has been for me the most perfect hot day I can remember. There is a cool breeze as well as being hot.

The town is deserted, prolly all gone to the beech etc, so the town park and other nice spots in the town are all fairly quite. Bliss.

I couldn't bear to get into a car to travel anywhere on a day like today, only to go somewhere with crowds. I'm even deliberately not watching RTE News these as they'll no doubt be showing video of said crowded places as they always do, with obligatory teenagers diving, warnings of some danger, and an estimate of when things are going to change for the worse.

I'm also not following the weather forecast because I just wish to enjoy the weather as it is today and not be concerned about what it's gonna be like tomorrow. One has learned not to have unrealistic expectations of Irish weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Hundreds of people on Killiney beach, the parking down there was depressing to see.... Cars backed up and people in them sweating to get a space so they could actually get on the beach.

Glad I was able to walk there and even be able to nip for a swift cider in the boozer as I walked hoe

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Unfortunately living a beach town in North Dublin has become difficult since the 5km limit was lifted.None of these towns were hugely popular or much thought of, until the last few months.Crowds started to arrive the first weekend the 5km limit was lifted, and it has only got worse.Lots of people living here have given up on the beach at weekends because it's so crowded.Love where we live but I will be glad to see the back of the crowds.Eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

It's gonna be hot and wet!

That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not a fan to be had anywhere

The Mrs managed to buy a fan today thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

onlyfans.com probably encountering some serious new levels of Irish traffic

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe you should borrow one of these beasts from A Quiet Place II, they would keep the beach nice and quiet for you. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Delete, how does one?

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,596 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Accuweather had temperatures in Ennis today at 28c

In my house, the thermometer had the kitchen temperature as 31c and at about 7pm, the outdoor temperature reading was 32.5c in the shade

I know these are not official temperatures and my particular garden is south facing with a large patio that is a heat trap, but it was very very hot for us today

And the house is not in any way equipped for this weather. Every single window is wide open but not making much of a difference. Kids are sleeping practically naked with blankets off tonight

Advertisement