Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been trying to sign out of my account on the computer in work. Could do it no problem before the move but cant now for some reason. Where stuck with using internet explorer here as well so I cant try it on another browser. Basically my account is at all times logged in now on this pc and it wont let me sign out up in the right hand corner like it usually would.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone else having an issue with double posts? I've noticed when I try to erase the message from the second of the double posts - to write 'double post' for example - it ends up doing that to both posts. It's as if both are linked to each other, which is weird.

Is there any way to delete a post altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

The second post is actually just a visual glitch, there's only one post, displayed twice. If you refresh the page the second disappears.

No way to delete a post, but you can edit it to be blank instead

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

On desktop - when you click the Messages icon top right:

Not a big deal tbh as you can still get to your messages via the 'All Messages' link.

On the home page when you click on 'My Forums' it redirects to the following link: https://www.boards.ie/discussions?followed=1 - not sure if it's supposed to do that as I gave up using those tabs ages ago.

As an aside, I turned off CSS & JS changes when checking the above - I don't how anyone can use the 'default' boards look on desktop. Dear lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

How do i unfollow a Thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Another improvement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Click the Star icon. It should turn from gold to blue.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

When I click on messages I get "There was an error. Please try again later."

So no more messages for me....

Is this happening to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have that since last night on the desktop site. All messages showing on the mobile/touch site

6 posts above yours. 😉

You can still access your messages by clicking on 'All Messages' at the bottom of the popup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,541 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It'd be nice if newly posted attachments were big enough to be legible.

It'd be even better if the old attachments came back, too. Lots of very informative threads on DIY, car restoration, all sorts of things are rendered useless because of this. Even the cool pics and memes threads. This is what builds a community, common interests, humour etc. and it's been ripped out.

Bad enough when third party hosting sites stop hosting an image, as they often do, but that's out of Boards' control. That's the reason people attached images on Boards itself, because - we thought - as long as the post is there the attachment will be there, too.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thank you.

This only partially works. Most of my messages are missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

All my PMs came back. I spent some time going through them, and deleted (Leave Conversation) any that contained PII.

I sincerely hope that these are now purged and gone for good. Can @Boards.ie: Niamh confirm this?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

1) Commented in a new thread earlier. When I refresh the page below (just www.boards.ie), and click on "My threads", that new thread is not there. I think it should become one of my subscribed thread (or however it's described on boards) if I comment on it!! This might be the root issue of some other comments I've seen where people can't find their threads or posts, etc.

2) Secondly, to make a thread appear in "My Threads" I have to 'bookmark' it by clicking on a very small, and not very obvious, bookmark flag. I think this would be better if it were much more obvious, and be named something like "Follow this thread" (was it that before??), and available at the top and bottom of each page!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

noticed today that a tweet I had embedded yesterday has a warning icon and is not previewing the tweet. Tried a different tweet and same issue. warning icon brings me to https://success.vanillaforums.com/kb/articles/13-rich-editor#what-causes-the-warning-icon-while-inserting-a-rich-embed

added tweet to separate thread and had no issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

the little button that takes you directly to the most recent post in a thread doesn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

That little button does actually work for me, however it is way too small and requires careful mouse movement to click it (on desktop browser). Also, being so small, I would expect that plenty of people won't have seen it, or use it!!

It amazes me how little testing is actually done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

I'm sure this has been reported before but reminder:

Post counts are diffrenet on profile vs what is seen against a users name on threads

This has to do with the amount of threads started by a user which in my case is completely wrong. Since the changeover, my started thread count was 11 whereas I only started 1. Just now, that has increased to 12 - I haven't started any threads only made a few comments on others this morning.

My user post count as seen on threads is 985, while my profile post count is 997, which is where the wrong started thread count (12) affects actual number of user posts. 985 should be 986, 997 should be 986

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

where do i see this star icon? (using laptop), thanks

(the only way i could find my post again to see if anyone had answered was to put my question in search box, where is find my posts option?)

Star icon is mobile. On desktop, scroll to the top of the thread, and click the blue bookmark icon (top-right)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It was fine yesterday, but top half of the headers are missing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks , the icon is white not blue though, im getting to many notification's on this particular thread which i would like to stop but yet don't get any updates on this one.

what happen to the big" FOLLOW and UNFOLLOW" at the top of the page that was simple for simple people like me:),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭PaulT21

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,403 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just noticed that too, was ok earlier. It must have been broken when the mobile navigation update went live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Using desktop, when I click on the header of a discussion, it should take me to the 'first unread' post. It does indeed do that but the top line of the first unread post is obscured. I have to scroll back up slightly to reveal the start of that post. Shouldn't the top of the new page start with the thick blue bar with the time-stamp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not sure if its a bug. But get a notification of a new post in a thread. Click on the thread but still have to mark the notification as read ? Surely viewing the thread would deem it to be seen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

On Chrome and Firefox on a Mac, forum navigation seems mostly hidden by bad page design;

Ah already pointed out today;

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117737415#Comment_117737415

I feel that the new version is making me work a little too hard to find the forums I want to view which is a shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mobile using chrome on iOS. Select my icon, press star, it won’t show my thread list. Refreshed many times, not working at all. Previously was 1 in 5 times failure.

2 issues with this:

The top box regional, talk to etc... (nav-area) is pushing everything down.

.nav-area {
      position: fixed;
      height: 30px; /* ←  ← */
      width: 100%;
      background: #4f6a9f;
      border-bottom: 1px solid #637faf;
      top: 0;
      z-index: 100;
    }

The theme header also has the wrong height

#titleBar {
      position: inherit;
      width: 100%;
      top: 30px; /* should be 20px */
    }

If I recall the way this used to be was when you were at the top of the page "nav-area" would show but as you scroll down the nav-area disappears. Leaving either no header at all, if that setting is on in your profile, or sticky'ing the header and the breadcrumbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mobile site looking really good with the bold titles for unread threads. We’re getting there! 🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭PaulT21

In fairness, this issue seems to be resolved again. Thanks to whoever sorted it out

😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The search function simply does not work in comparison to the old site, ive tried using every keyword and function of the new search and it yields zero correct results, its baffling how theres no way to limit a search to sub forums and theres also no way to simply view all my posts which for me would be the next easiest way to find a thread whose name i cannot remember.

If you're on the mobile/touch site - click on your avatar / view your profile / scroll all the way down / Comments - that's all your recent posts.

I'm fairly sure there's a way to do it on the desktop as well, but I'm so flipping bamboozled by the differences between the two sites, I just cannot recall now (maybe there isn't!)

Thanks yup thats there on the mobile site but like you say no obvious similar functiuonality exists on the desktop version which again is baffling. I ended up just using google with the same keywords i had tried on boards search function along with the name of the sub forum i knew the thread was in to find what I was looking for which is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭peek a boo

I’m lost. On my mobile, I used to go into my profile to find my posts. Now, when I click the circle with the person in it, nothing happens. How do I find my posts?

• Advertisement

You can see all your comments here: https://boards.ie/profile/comments/

Frustratingly, that doesn't include threads that you started. For those, you have to go here: https://www.boards.ie/profile/discussions/

Thanks but again there is no simple way to search this list, the old system allowed you to see all your posts and then search within that. Unless im missing something very obvious this is another serious downgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Same for me . The little star icon which led me to my threads is now doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭peek a boo

I’m glad it’s not just me! When I tried to click on my notification, my big fat finger sent the page bananas.

Yeah that user profile bar with the icons is broken now on mobile - bookmarks and user profile icons do nothing, notifications and conversations look like they are trying to show a popup but it's hidden behind the main page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Mine has had no problems, Android/Ungoogled Chromium.

As a test, I've also signed out, cleared cache, powered off/on and signed back into site on mobile and it's working no problem.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

All working fine for me as well, on touch site/android/chrome

Post edited by HeidiHeidi on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

None of the buttons in drop down bar work for me either, used to occasionally happen but happening every time now.

IPhone safarai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

Top bar working fine for me on android / edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Still no attachments from the good old boards are being accessible.

And images attached now are being resized to ridiculously small (~500px wide) resolution, rendering most of them totally unreadable.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement