Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 10 : Silverstone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Absolutely. The precedent now is that if you can’t beat your rival fairly, just put them in the hospital and take a slap on the wrist. Disgusting seeing the Neanderthals in the crowd cheering that, same sort of mentality as the thugs that mugged Lando at Wembley no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ordinarily I’m happy enough for Hamilton to get a home win in Silverstone. But seeing him celebrating is leaving such a bad taste in my mouth. Because of him his main rival went into the wall and is in hospital for tests and observation.

Wish LeClerc could have held him off, Ham didn’t deserve that win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Lewis is acting like he's won the championship.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I very much remember Belgium 2014 and many people looking for excuses for Rosberg when he did the same thing to Hamilton.

I can agree it’s a crap way to win a race but to call it ‘cheating’ and all the other nonsense being spouted it’s hard to take anything that is said seriously.

One poster said drivers have been suspended for less, and that same poster continues to spout nonsense despite ignoring the challenge.

Its perfectly possible to agree with everything you have said while calling out the overdramatics for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭McFly85

They've had the better car since Monaco - but there's not so much between them now. Straight line speed belonged to Merc this weekend and Max showed how dominant he is in corners. It will never be definitive but I firmly believe you see Max in a merc and it's a straightforward title for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

😂yeah any other F1 driver would have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

How did Verstappen get voted third in driver of the day though 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Here's Charles for the interview. And he wins Driver of the Day as well. Nice one Charles.

Ferrari fans are proud of you. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well Hamilton needs to watch again, "fully along side him and he didn't leave me any room"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Brits used to freak out when Schumacher took out rivals, but they're ok with it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

It's been the Tom Cruise show ft Formula1. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 54,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cruise and Hamilton… if Carlsberg did insufferable!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Im sure Max is pissed, but he is better at behaving like a professional than Hamilton (as well as being a better driver). That will stand to him in the end.

It was painfully obvious that Hamilton was in the wrong, but a 10 second penalty was insulting.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I do think that if someone is adjudged cause a crash that is so serious that it results in a red flag, the current rules are not fit for purpose.

Today, because the crash was so bad, Hamilton had the ability to change damaged parts that were a result of his actions. If the crash wasn't quite as bad, he would have actually been worse off had there been no red flag.

You really shouldn't be able to cause a crash, take someone out the race with major damage to the point it's unsafe to race anymore, then get a free change of the parts that were damaged because of your own actions. It really is nonsensical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Hamilton: 'fully along side him', no, no you weren't!

With his rival in the hospital, Red Bull having to devote much of their budget for the year to rebuilding that car, and the precedent set that he can take Max out at will whenever he’s being beaten and Toto will send a quick email to make it all better, he arguably has won the championship today.

Well that puts it too bed Hamilton just explained it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Brilliant race from Hamilton. As far as the verstappen incident Hamilton had to leave it in there at some point. next race that happens he's got the advantage. He was going to do that sooner or later. We seen it so many times in F1.

Hamilton absolutely spoofing there with his "fully alongside him" nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Yeah, that's why you clipped his back wheel with your front, damaging his own case with statements like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

People **** on him celebrating winning his home race now.

Any driver anywhere does the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Losing 10 places at the start is what Toto things should happen after Monaco incident. I know quali v race is different but there needs to be proper penalties.

Lewis punted Albon off the podium twice. 5 sec penaltys

After Charles Leclerc secured pole position in Monaco with his late crash, Toto Wolff says F1 should introduce a rule that a driver who crashes loses his fastest lap.

That, he says, will put paid to any speculation about whether the crash was deliberate.

Leclerc put his Ferrari on provisional pole for the Monaco Grand Prix, clocking a 1:10.346 to sit P1 by 0.230s ahead of Max Verstappen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Time to rise myself off the couch and leave them to it, Hamilton won't accept being at fault. He's benefited from it massively, 10 second time penalty is a joke. But I expect bad stewarding decisions in F1 as the norm these days

They were always going to come too to giver at some point both don't like to give at all, just happened here and was a bad outcome for Max.

Max still in hospital with dizziness after the 56G impact. Hope he makes a full recovery and isn’t suffering concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Complaining of feeling dizzy.

Horner on now and hasn't changed his tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"Well that wasnt much of a penalty, was it?"

Horner sounds furious

The 10 second penalty was a joke. Should have been a 10 second stop and go at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bit of a slip up there from Horner saying Lewis is an eight times world champion. 😂

Advertisement