Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 10 : Silverstone

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

At least Redbull get the fastest lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Charles, that's a shame. He gave to much space for Hamilton, then ended too wide.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Can't believe how soft the penalty was for Hamilton, Leclerc star of the show today how he managed to keep that Ferrari out front for so long is beyond me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Good man Perez stopping Lewis getting a point for fastest lap. Small consolation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Soft pen of course it’s Hamilton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No point for it. Just kept it away from Merc and Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

well suppose he did get a 10 second penalty and still win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭kirving

And Hamilton knew it too.

It was that or end up like Verstappen.

No issue when he wins fair and square, but this is a totally undeserved victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ah bollocks. Great race by LeClerc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,442 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He was probably worried about the opening lap incident between Lewis and max.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

No he didnt say that, he said you cant stick your nose in at Copse, totally different

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Good to see Ferrari back in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Cheating pays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

If this race was anywhere bar England he'd surely get booed on the podium after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Wow. I wonder how Max is feeling right now if he is watching the outcome of the race in the hospital near Silverstone.

I'll bet he's feeling pretty pissed.

Take out your rival and win. People used to freak out about Schumacher over stuff like that

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭McFly85

It's a crap way for him to win a race. He knew lap 1 was critical and made an error that has been hugely beneficial for him in the fight for the title. He doesn't win that race with Max on the track.

This year already he's had some huge things go his way. He's in the title race but Max is the better driver this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I enjoyed the race but taking someone out of the race and getting a poor penalty is a joke, if you are going to penalise someone that means you think they were wrong, left a sour taste that did!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Longing

There is no difference today in what happened comparing incidents of Senna v Frost (Suzuka) Schumacher and Villeneuve at Jerez '97 were Schumacher put himself out of the race then was demoted to last place in the Championship all points stripped.

I'm absolutely in shock with the decision of F1 Stewards. When I heard it I said Hamilton has won the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Hijpo

If you are a racing fan you cannot be content with that outcome.

A driver was found guilty of an infringement that put their race and championship rival into a wall and out of the race. That same driver then gets the second least penalising penalty available and wins the race.

If the FIA can be content with that then the sport is extremely misguided.

It's actually a sad day for the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Max has the better car, it's obvious, any discussion about who's a better driver can never be answered unless they race the same car, which is ofc very unfortunate, as it will never happen in modern F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Can’t believe Hamilton only got 10 secs for that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,581 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that ended been probably the most boring Britsh GP ever. Lewis did not deserve to win that. The penalty he got for taking Max out was far to lenient and should have been a stop go penalty.

Charles deserved to win that race and if Lewis was anyway sportman like he would give it to Charles.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,602 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This looks all a bit pretentious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Will there be any further potential penalties for Hamilton/Mercedes or is the case closed now that he got the 10 second penalty.?

The cynic in me thought they'd use perez to hold up Hamilton.

A joke of an outcome to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

How much time did LeClerc loose with the engine cuts. Probably wouldn't have made a difference but a shame none the less.

Advertisement