Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showering etiquette and frequency?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Shower Daily – Evening/Night
    No just 12, I don’t work weekends. Do you dry your bits , front and back, with the same towel you used to dry your face??

I wash my bits, front and back before getting out of the shower and before using the towel

Shower 2-3 times per week
    You actually wash 14 towels a week just from showering???

Jaysus! I'm genuinely gobsmacked!

So depressing to think there are probably hundreds of millions of people around the world who do the same thing. And many more to come in the future. The planets precious limited fossil fuel energy being wasted in an unnecessary short-sighted splurge by a few centuries worth of human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

No just 12, I don’t work weekends. Do you dry your bits , front and back, with the same towel you used to dry your face??

Sleeper answered for me.

I'd say sex is great fun in your house!

There's is another solution, too if you are so offended by your own body. Keep a towel just for your face.

Twelve towels a week for one person!!!
    What hope do we have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Sleeper answered for me.

I'd say sex is great fun in your house!

There's is another solution, too if you are so offended by your own body. Keep a towel just for your face.

Twelve towels a week for one person!!!
    What hope do we have?

Sex is great fun actually. I’m glad you’re not my neighbour, you’d probably get a heart attack every time I hang my towels out to dry after their 30 minute wash cycle which dried me after taking a two minute shower.

Sex is great fun actually. I’m glad you’re not my neighbour, you’d probably get a heart attack every time I hang my towels out to dry after their 30 minute wash cycle which dried me after taking a two minute shower.

12 towels is obscene. Im sorry but it is.

You could easily survive with 6 surely? Considering most people wouldnt even hit the 6 mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Allinall wrote: »
    Only noticed this now.

Nobody has a private supply of water.

Where do you think the water comes from before it gets to your land?

It falls as rain and bubbles up out of a spring under the mountain into a catchment stream, into a 2,000L concrete tank before making its way down around 750m of pipe to my house, at the end of the cycle the grey water rejoins the catchment further down after going through the soakpit and a swampy area with reeds which lets nature eat up the soaps etc.

theguzman wrote: »
    It falls as rain and bubbles up out of a spring under the mountain into a catchment stream, into a 2,000L concrete tank before making its way down around 750m of pipe to my house, at the end of the cycle the grey water rejoins the catchment further down after going through the soakpit and a swampy area with reeds which lets nature eat up the soaps etc.

and you then waste all that saving by heating it with oil central heating or an immersion.

For the love of god man, get solar panels!

Speaking of towels. I use one large towel and one small towel to start with. Am I a deviant?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Speaking of towels. I use one large towel and one small towel to start with. Am I a deviant?

Depends what you use them for?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Daily, first thing in the morning, good hygiene and it helps wake me up...

Sometimes in the evening too, if been to gym, when at work etc...apart from good hygiene it’s refreshing and relaxing...

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Depends what you use them for?

Small towel, to dry hair vigorously, then first wipe of body. Second big towel to get me bone dry, or as close to.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Shower every second day

30 minute wash cycle? You might as well be reusing them without washing them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Whenever I have a jog. I take one about every 4 days, so if I stop jogging I can sometimes forget to shower... and when I do, it can seem such a load of hassle getting all wet for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Shower once a day, don’t forget to pull back the foreskin and wash that too. Ladies follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

and you then waste all that saving by heating it with oil central heating or an immersion.

For the love of god man, get solar panels!

Spend 10-15 grand to save what like maybe €200-€300 per year, some people have too much money and swallow the green agenda too much, the only green I'm interested in is the stuff in my back pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Allinall wrote: »
    Using a lot more water for a shower is not a good thing.

Electric showers are way more efficient, and supply plenty of water for a regular shower.

Go back to sleep Eamonn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Shower when I wake up, shower when I come home, I work in a physical job. I also use a fresh towel each time. No way am I’m drying my face with the towel I dried my junk in 14 hours ago.

Easy way around this is to note which end of the towel has the small label on it, then use this end for upper body, other end for lower body, problem solved.

Wipe the brown region last.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I feel like op is trying to draw nox out whatever his current username is.

Daily myself for what it's worth, also have a pumped shower, go me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭notAMember

Spend 10-15 grand to save what like maybe €200-€300 per year, some people have too much money and swallow the green agenda too much, the only green I'm interested in is the stuff in my back pocket.

Panels are more like 4 or 5k.

• Advertisement

Fils wrote: »
    Wipe the brown region last.

Sounds vaguely racist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

I don't have a shower but I take a bath instead
    Small towel, to dry hair vigorously, then first wipe of body. Second big towel to get me bone dry, or as close to.

I usually find me bone is one of the easiest places to dry...

Sounds vaguely racist

That’s in your opinion, perhaps you need to address any racism issues you have.

That’s in your opinion, perhaps you need to address any racism issues you have.

:rolleyes:

I usually find me bone is one of the easiest places to dry...

Sorry to hear that, I think there's an operation that could help. Might take a bit longer then :pac::p

:rolleyes:

Please stop suggesting my posts are racists.

Please stop suggesting my posts are racists.

Please realise you're posting in After Hours. While serious topics can be discussed here, it's usually with a light hearted bent.

If you don't realise this you'll end up totally confused. Give the charter a read.

IF you genuinely think I'm calling you a racist hit the report button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Shower every second day
    I shower once a day in the evening when I get in from work or the gym. Shampoo and conditioner for the hair first followed by a full body scrub with a sponge lathered up with lots of shower gel. A good scrub of the armpits, crack, under the bobby's hat and both feet are especially important. I use a soft sponge and a good quality skin friendly shower gel. I feel spotless afterwards.

I don't understand people who only shower in the morning though. After a busy day in work I would feel sweaty and grubby. There's no way I would be able to go to bed like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I shower every morning before work. As someone else mentioned above, it's not only to get clean but to waken up and gather your thoughts. Every 3 days or so I'll have a scrub shower but otherwise it's just lather shower gel-type shower. If I'm sweaty in the evening I'll have another quick shower before bed. I live on my own and I'm single but I'll still do all this. I work at a desk so not manual labour. If I do a day's labour in the garden or in my side-job there's nothing like a cold shower at the end of the day.

I have a Triton T90 SR and I find it excellent. At this time of year, the heat number setting is at II and the temperature is at full cold which provides a nice, luke-warm temp with very high pressure for an electric shower.

I have 4 towels and I use one towel for 3 showers then it gets washed.

• Advertisement

Wildly off the mark numbers and ridiculously ignorant comment. You are not being energy efficient so not saving money as it is. In fact your knowledge of this stuff is lacking considering you also consider electric showers to be inneficient

I have annual free hot water, cost me 4k to install after grants.

Half your home heating bill is heating water. The maths for my moderate home equates to a tank a year (600 to 700 per annum). It would be more for you as you dont have an electric shower and actually have to heat and reheat cold water over and over. A pumped tank fed shower would benefit hugely from solar panels

Now, consider the current systems on offer, for less than 8k per annum you could get a combi water AND electricity system. Yeah, might take 5 years or so to pay itself back but then your saving that each and every year.

Advertisement