Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 2021 Assistant Principal in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Reader65

It’s hard isn’t it when you don’t know a unit or area within a dept even more so when you’re an external candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 10 prop forward

In my case because I was Interdep and in DSP they had me tagged. I accepted offer two weeks in DSP ago but still not told what Area or start date. I queried what was with PAS from DSP but I was advised once a Dept gets hold of you then they can realign Senior mgmt role. The crucial is you have an AP position and from my time when I acted up two Years ago slot of the role is developing policy and not micromanaging Middle Managers. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Congratulations. I'm also on the cork panel. If you don't mind me asking where did you place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 prop forward

I was 2nd on Inter and 3rd on open

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Im afraid in DSP all bets are off. Lot of retirements, internal AP panel is exhausted. So DSP staff oversee a lot of staff. My last AP had over 140 staff under them in DSP with a lot of HEOs under them. Level of responsibility in DSP is far higher in my opinion than other departments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bergamo22

I've been allocated to the Department of Health and I've accepted the allocation.

Just to add that was on the Interdepartmental and I was expecting to be staying in my own Department.

Thanks for the info and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CK_82

Batch 4 is exhausted

Calling batch 4.1 from next week

• Registered Users Posts: 24 seanf88

I got my clearance email this afternoon.

I was number 2 on the open panel 4.1 and number 1 on the interd same batch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 DavidM1234

Hi all, I too got my clearance email. I was number 7 on the Open and 4 in the InterD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 palinbone

Congrats Sean and David.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katie1920

Hi wondering if people on this thread would know how many people are left to be placed on the 2021 AP panels. Results for the first batch for 2022 AP are out now and wondering how quickly they will start making offers? Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CK_82

Congrats to everyone, got my clearance email yesterday too.

Was 3 on the Open

My understanding is that Batch 4.1 is small and is from rescheduled interviews/cancellations and for Dublin only.

Must be close to exhausting the 2021 comp, will call the 2022 Batch 1 soon.

Congrats Sean and David. Let us know where you are going.

Does anyone know how far down the cork panel they have gone

Hey All,

Got offered Dpt of Health on the InterD panel.

Congrats Sean. I got offered Dept of Justice on InterD panel.

Congrats David, are you inclined to take it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Reader65

Congrats all

Post edited by Reader65 on

• Advertisement

Sean have you accepted the allocation.

I am starting on the 24th April

Hi Bergamo,

Yes, I accepted yesterday afternoon, just waiting for Health HR to contact to confirm start date etc

Post edited by seanf88 on

Yes. I accepted yesterday. PAS have been in touch to say I'm through the clearance process and my new Dept. wiĺl be in touch shortly with start date and location.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭countyireland12345

Congratulations to those placed in recent weeks. Out of interest, what was your original OOM after Stage 1/the online tests? Would be good to know to gauge when I might be called myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JWMUI1985

Hi All, hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction. I have an interview and strategic exercise next month for an APO role. Would anyone have copies of the strategic exercise so I can practise or know of similar ones online.

Any help is appreciated 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NewChick2_23

Hi all,

I'm new to civil service and have been going through the clearance process. I'm now assigned to a department and I was wondering does anyone know how departments are assigned? Is there one HR department for the entire civil service or one per department. Just wondering how random it is or if I've been chosen for the department based on my experience. I'd like to think the latter because it is where I thought I'd end up. Anyone any knowledge or thoughts do let me know!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

No, entirely random. Unless it's a competition for specific streams, all staff are generalists and are expected to be able to slot into any Department.

The National Shared Services Office is the general HR for the Civil Service (https://www.nsso.gov.ie/en/corporate-information/what-we-do/), but every Department will have its own local HR to deal internal HR issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

And every local HR department, if I'm not mistaken, will have grown in size over the years since the NSSO was founded with the express objective of centralising HR function, streamlining things and introducing efficiencies, so local HR departments could be shrunk or done away with altogether. 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 NewChick2_23

Thank you!

Advertisement