Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 2021 Assistant Principal in the Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

The wait continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭crinkley

I was convinced it would be 2pm yesterday, the wait is giving me some false sense of hope, will be glad come Monday when the line is drawn underneath this. New guess 11am Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Diddlydoe90

It’s been 84 years…..

I am the same, getting a false sense of hope too. But if they stick to their word we will know Monday.

Hope all doing video interviews aren’t too stressed this weekend and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Jmc25

This has been the longest wait I've heard of in a while alright for any competition. There was a time when this was standard but recently I think people have generally gotten their results quicker than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kenrach

Has anyone completed the latest online video stage yet ? Hoping to complete mine today

Best of luck to everyone and for the batch waiting on their interview results I hope you hear soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 PSAP2022

Completed mine this morning. Blink and it’s over. Hard to believe all the hours and hours of prep over in 9 minutes 🤣. There’s a decent break between each question to gather your breath and compose yourself. Best of luck ☘️

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Teapot10

Completed it in the last hour...so glad it's over. Had my script on laptop behind phone so practically read the answers. Thought I rushed it a bit too ... anyway it's done now! Best of luck to all waiting to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LrIg1619

Hi All, for those currently completing Video Shortlisting is it still only Dublin/Kildare etc they are calling have any of the regional locations been called yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Teapot10

Yes my current video interview was for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Emailed PAS this morning, they advised results will be out this week. Not necessarily today, although I sincerely hope to be notified by EOD today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

I completed mine yesterday, but was glad I'd originally planned to get it in Saturday as I had a technical problem that I couldn't get around on Sat, despite following all of their instructions. I had to switch to the mobile app in the end, and do without my headset etc.

Anyone who's left it until this week, I recommend you get stuck in asap today just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jaeger_Jen

So disappointing, I was told it would be the end of Feb. I wonder what the hold up is?

I was told the same. Wondering if something has gone wrong. It’s been 2 weeks since the last interview. Had the hopes pinned on today. Let’s still hope that we will get news today.

Anyone still to do the video interview, as said above, I recommend don’t leave it til last minute. I had a technical glitch when I tried mine first and lucky I had time to resolve it before the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 AuroraP

Agree, I also had a technical glitch - missing sound - on reviewing my recording, so I would recommend giving yourself ample time and reviewing.

On the delay in issuing the final interview results, maybe there is a high degree of caution being taken owing to the issues with the first batch of video recordings, a re-check before issuance perhaps?

I think it's delayed due to mid-term, perhaps key decision makers absent for last week to give the go-ahead.

It will be a long week if it's Friday....

I've just checked my message board and it appears that in over 8 years of applying to these competitions I've actually never waited this long for results, even for online tests!

You'd have to assume the whole issue of the review of the stage 2 results and resulting larger amount of interviews has something to do with it, but even so, pretty disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Staffyd

Thanks for update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 OscarBluth

I'm also driving myself mad waiting on these results. Not feeling v optimistic - I think I did well on some answers but there were some I just didn't give my examples at all, and they clearly were looking for more, so I think the requirement to 'pass' each component will do me in.

Does anyone know what kind of info you get if its a fail? Do they give you a score for each competency, or just tell you if it was pass/fail?

They should provide a score for each competency. There were 3 competencies to be passed for presentation and I think another 5-6 during the interview. So a pass in all these would be required to make it onto the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Just did my online video interview there - so glad its done! Anyone have any idea how long it usually takes after doing the video interview before you hear about whether you got through to the next stage?

Best of luck to all waiting the outcome of their final stage interview - hope you all hear soon.

Video - It was 3 weeks the last time from the day it closed to the day results were out. So not a long wait at all really (although it feels it).

Best of luck 🍀

• Registered Users Posts: 5 APCompetition2021

It took 3 weeks to get results from my video interview stage. Best of luck!

Results out and I passed, some miracle scored better than I thought but scrapped through one competency. Just so delighted and shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 26 AuroraP

Also passed, delighted!

Haven’t gotten results so I must have failed 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 5 APCompetition2021

Also still waiting for results, are they all sent out at the same time or does it take a while? Hoping it’s not bad news 😔

Shocked to say that I've also passed!

Also got it... 😁 Congrats all 🙌

• Advertisement

Are people still getting results currently? I’ve heard nothing still so suspect it’s a fail

I've passed too. Congratulations to all who passed! Just so glad we got results finally.

Nothing yet

fingers crossed for everyone still waiting, mine came in at 15:25 so seems to be a delay in getting them out

Yeah, same for me. exactly at 15:25 I got the email. I'd say they send out in batches as so many were in this round.

Well mine finally came through. Unfortunately, I was so close but not close enough....

• Advertisement

sorry to hear that, but take it as a good experience and something you can build on for next year. I failed the video stage last year but that extra year gave me more robust answers

Congrats to all who passed. I didn’t this time and to be honest wouldn’t go through this process again. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CLS23

Have heard of so many people that failed and were just about to give up and got it next time round. Keep going there is better in store!

Well done to all that got through and to anyone who didn’t I know its no consolation after all the hard work and time and energy we put into these competitions but to get to interview is a great achievement so well done also and best of luck in the next comp. The experience although disappointing hopefully proves beneficial next time. I’m just after doing the video stage and dread what’s ahead if anything 😳. If anyone has any tips/do’s/dont’s for the coming stages any advice would be gratefully appreciated. ☘️

For interview, it's definitely worth preparing smaller examples for each competency. The outcome is extremely important, so make sure all the examples end with a positive outcome, with figures and stats if possible. In my case, change implementation was a big aspect that I was asked in leadership question. For the presentation, it's fairly straightforward, just make sure you read the brief carefully, underlining all the aspects you are asked so you don't miss covering any important points.

Best of luck to those awaiting video interview results! Hope it won't be as long a wait.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that FenFlynn. Great to be able to hear from someone the other end of the comp. Hopefully I get that far now but you just never know🤞🏻. I was kinda expecting that the questions would come thick and heavy for an AP interview and not a talk through examples from start to finish. Congrats on your results. Celebrations all weekend for you 👏🏻 Well done and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blackcat22

Can I ask what the approach is on references these days? Are you asked to provide a set number of referees, or referees to cover a set time period, e.g. last 3 years? I know many private sector firms will only allow HR to give references, is that the same in the Civil Service? I'd like to be prepared for when I'm approached for clearance. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 abc_ 123

Yes I would also be very interested to know what the process is here. Cheers

Hi I queried regional shortlisting. They are still working down the 2020 panel which expires in March after that as vacancies arise they will look at those that applied for regional placements based on order of merit (Will be after April).

If you are external, you'll be asked to supply two contacts for reference, one has to be your most recent employer/manager. When I joined CS two years ago, it wasn't HR they contacted, it was my direct manager who received a form to fill out, primarily on sick leaves etc, nothing on performance which I was quite surprised with. Not sure if that's changed.

For those interviewed last year, can I ask is there anyone left on the panel still not gone through clearance or been placed yet?

Just trying to get a timeframe for our batch. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

I would imagine they have exhausted the dublin panel, but lots of people on regional panels still…. Very few jobs down the country.

I queried re the existing panel it expires in March at which stage as vacancies arise they will start looking at shortlisting from Regional applicants.

so if come April a position comes up in my region would I be eligible after passing the interview or must they go interview anyone who may have scored higher in the tests before I would possibly be offered anything?

I would like to know when batch 1.2 would enter clearance too. I know batch 1.1 heard within a week and got offered positions immediately so hopefully we're the same. Would be nice to know soon. I wonder how many were on our OOM. I'm in the top 20 for open and top 10 for inter (not to give my exact numbers) so was wondering how large the OOM actually is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement