Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the government hate on F.B

Options
13»

Comments

Well there it is. Evidence you support terrorism. Congrats, I knew I could smell it off you. Goodnight and good luck.

Where do i support terrorism?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I wouldn't let a convicted bomber through my front door let alone Larry Murphy, however, where I differ from you is that I understand the State investigated , prosecuted and sentenced both of the above & Released both as they served their time.

I respect this State's application of the law. You appear to have a problem with it.
    Is it the death penalty you're after?

I have no such issue. I do think he should still be in jail because I am tough on violent crime, but he was duly tried and convicted. So is legitimately free.

Where I disagree is that your view is that I can't take that into account about his suitability to govern us. I don't think anyone convicted of bombing is suitable to govern us.

Where do i support terrorism?

By calling it a war. It was terrorism. Was 9/11 a war in your eyes?

In my experience the ones that hate the government most, are the ones that rely on them most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I have no such issue. I do think he should still be in jail because I am tough on violent crime, but he was duly tried and convicted. So is legitimately free.

Where I disagree is that your view is that I can't take that into account about his suitability to govern us. I don't think anyone convicted of bombing is suitable to govern us.

Nelson Mandela and Civil Rights leaders have been imprisoned throughout this world. Are they not suitable for govt office?

• Advertisement

By calling it a war. It was terrorism. Was 9/11 a war in your eyes?

If it wasnt a war,why was the army there?

Wtf has 9/11 got to do with bloody sunday and people defending emselves and their communities in the 6 counties??.....desperation stuff,

When your in a hole,stop.digging mate

Nelson Mandela and Civil Rights leaders throughout the world have been imprisoned throughout this world. Are they not suitable for govt office?

I would make the assessment myself on a case by case basis. It would be a very high bar that justify bombing though. My assessment of Dessie is that he is a disgusting person and his bombing was vile.

I would make the assessment myself on a case by case basis. It would be a very high bar that justify bombing though. My assessment of Dessie is that he is a disgusting person and his bombing was vile.

What bombing was he convicted of?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Grand. You're entitled to your view, although his electorate obviously disagree with you.
    Now I'm off to make my lunch for tomorrow.
    Oiche mhaith.

If it wasnt a war,why was the army there?

Wtf has 9/11 got to do with bloody sunday and people defending emselves and their communities in the 6 counties??.....desperation stuff,

When your in a hole,stop.digging mate

The army are injecting people in City West. I heard the queue is long but it's not a war ;)

• Advertisement

What bombing was he convicted of?

He was convicted by having bomb making equipment linked to a number of bombings but you knew that didn't you. Now you want to say "he wasn't a convicted bomber" and if you say that then all is lost. There is no hope for you.

The army are injecting people in City West. I heard the queue is long but it's not a war ;)

Jesus,such conceited rubbish,when yous gotton yous arse handed to you with facts and logic and have run out of places to hide.

Interesting take by liberials to compare covid vaccinations to the troubles when today we have passed 5K deaths caused by government incompetence.....nearly twice the death total of the troubles,but curiously these deaths dont matter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Public debate is quite polarised now and nowhere more so on social media. We've even seen it on this thread.

"The government have gotten everything wrong for the last 18 months."

What a daft statement. We have a low death rate from covid and the economy is growing. They can't have gotten everything wrong. I also went to get the jab a couple of weeks ago. What an operation they had running. I thought I was in Germany it was that efficient. The rescheduling of my appointment was also incredibly easy. If they've replicated that around the country it's some achievement.

Like most people, I think they've gotten a number of things wrong. But saying they've gotten everything wrong, they are incompetent, they're idiots etc just shows a lack of intelligence on behalf of the critic that they cannot comprehend that people can make mistakes without being any of the above.

**** me, every single person I've ever known makes mistakes. I know I do every day of the bloody week and I'm not under as much pressure and my decisions dont have the same repercussions as those that government ministers are making.

He was convicted by having bomb making equipment linked to a number of bombings but you knew that didn't you. Now you want to say "he wasn't a convicted bomber" and if you say that then all is lost. There is no hope for you.

But he isnt convicted of any bombing/even conspiracy to cause a bombing??

Like factually and logically speaking you have run out of road here

Jesus,such conceited rubbish,when yous gotton yous arse handed to you with facts and logic and have run out of places to hide.

Interesting take by liberials to compare covid vaccinations to the troubles when today we have passed 5K deaths caused by government incompetence.....nearly twice the death total of the troubles,but curiously these deaths dont matter

fACTs ANd LogIc. Well done. Go back to defending murders. Disgusting.

fACTs ANd LogIc. Well done. Go back to defending murders. Disgusting.

except i havnt defended any murders here

Why are you making stuff up?

If you dislike your bluster being exposed,perhaps some introspection would be recommended

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Its all deserved. The government have made an absolute dogs arse of absolutely everything over the last 18 months, they are constantly on the back foot, do not seem to have any plan or any idea what they are doing. The hate is well deserved.

Right, because all other governments have well defined plans, which they are executing efficiently and enjoying tremendous success. The hate is concentrated in an ill informed small vocal group who would not be satisfied no matter what the outcome.

But he isnt convicted of any bombing/even conspiracy to cause a bombing??

Like factually and logically speaking you have run out of road here

He was convicted of possession of bomb-making equipment linked to a number of bombings. If you want to factually and logically say he wasn't a bomber to "win" an argument with a randomer on the internet while defending a terrorist then enjoy. It's a sick attitude but seems that's what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

In my experience the ones that hate the government most, are the ones that rely on the most.

100%.

Excellent post.

He was convicted of possession of bomb-making equipment linked to a number of bombings. If you want to factually and logically say he wasn't a bomber to "win" an argument with a randomer on the internet while defending a terrorist then enjoy. It's a sick attitude but seems that's what you want

mate...im not defending anyone here....the fact your repeated (X3) bluster that he was a bomber/did a bombing has been exposed is only a reflection on yous

Quite why you feel need to hurl abuse and refer to anyone who dare and question yous as having a sick attitude is bizzare and completly uncalled for,we are all adults,its ok for people to disagree

• Advertisement

Just to be clear......

You are starting from a measure of 0 deaths from covid as the bar for acceptable?

This is the same global pandemic we're talking about here, yeah?

Just so we're clear

mate...im not defending anyone here....the fact your repeated (X3) bluster that he was a bomber/did a bombing has been exposed is only a reflection on yous

Quite why you feel need to hurl abuse and refer to anyone who dare and question yous as having a sick attitude is bizzare and completly uncalled for,we are all adults,its ok for people to disagree

Saying he was part of a war rather than a terrorist is defending him. Anyone who does so should do it to the faces of the families of the people his bombs killed.

Saying he was part of a war rather than a terrorist is defending him. Anyone who does so should do it to the faces of the families of the people his bombs killed.

It was part of war....its illogical to my eyes to conclude this equates to defending anyone

Just to be clear......

You are starting from a measure of 0 deaths from covid as the bar for acceptable?

This is the same global pandemic we're talking about here, yeah?

Just so we're clear

Just so were clear,i think the governments "living with covid" plan,months in the making,at xmas caused around 2,500 deaths (and highest infection rate in the world at one point).

They have a mandatory quaratines and they've still managed to let this delta varient in,we have learned absolutely zero since the debacle at xmas,only for these vaccines,we would be in a position of being unable to bury our dead for a 2nd time this year

maccored wrote: »
    the cold hard facts are that the larger corps are making the profit from the economy growing. this growing economy doesn't always find its way back to the man on the street.

The cold hard fact is that from the height of the financial crisis in 2007 up to the beginning of the pandemic the country reduced it’s debt per capita from 124% down to 58% in line with the likes of Germany without the man in the street noticing it. So much so that some of them are still rambling on about the size of the debt!

Just so were clear,i think the governments "living with covid" plan,months in the making,at xmas caused around 2,500 deaths (and highest infection rate in the world at one point).

They have a mandatory quaratines and they've still managed to let this delta varient in,we have learned absolutely zero since the debacle at xmas,only for these vaccines,we would be in a position of being unable to bury our dead for a 2nd time this year

As always its a pity we havent a better system to get the best people running the country.

How many would have died under your own governance would you say?

None?

Twenty odd?

Say fifty and shake on it.

You'd have national debt gone, free houses for all and the 32 counties all unified and the average bmi down to 25 on the spot too

Tis a pity and a loss for us all that we only get the benefit of the wisdom months after the fact on a message board.

Tragic is what it is

Nelson Mandela and Civil Rights leaders have been imprisoned throughout this world. Are they not suitable for govt office?

That is up to the electorate to decide. And there is key difference you are overlooking, they had the backing their voters in the action the carried out.

SF/IRA never had a mandate to undertake the activities they did in NI from the Irish voters. Now you can argue until you are blue in the face, but expecting that the voters will put a party into power that claimed to do unspeakable acts in their name, when they had no such mandate is a bridge too far.

It’s taken a 100 years for people to consign the atrocities of the civil war to history, so perhaps another 100 years will do the same or SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

maccored wrote: »
    the cold hard facts are that the larger corps are making the profit from the economy growing. this growing economy doesn't always find its way back to the man on the street.

But sometimes it does though. It keeps people in jobs.

Advertisement