Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kentu

Seems like Mullinavat have really gone back judging by their 1st 2 games so. They have Tullaroan next weekend which will be tough, they are going well and have a serious spine down the centre of their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭kksaints

Glenmore were dreadful against the Boro today. Eoin Murphy had a mare at center back, his sloppy touch led to Boro's second goal and he was rightfully sent off for a high tackle in the second half. Boro were good defensively it must be said but their attack was basically allowed the freedom of Inistioge for most of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

Confusion at St. John's Park. After a dramatic finish, I left the ground thinking it was a draw with the scoreboard showing a scoreline of Tullaroan 0-24, Clara 2-18. Both Clara goals came in the last 5 minutes, the second one putting them 2 points ahead with time almost up. Tullaroan responded with 2 late points before Clara had a last second wide. At least, that is what I thought happened. The scoreboard must have been wrong as the result was given as 0-24 to 2-17. There were a few around me querying the scoreboard with about 5 minutes left but seemed satisfied it was correct.

Mossy Keoghan scored 6 points and was a constant threat for Tullaroan as was Paul Ryan for Clara. Padraig Walsh scored 2 trademark points after 50 metre surging runs. I was impressed with Tullaroan who used the ball well and should have scored a couple of goals

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Best of luck to the senior camogie team and management!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Looks this ref doesn't know or doesn't care about the handpass rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭murtyd17

Looks like a lot of throwing alrite by cork - ref not giving them tho

Cork with some lovely second half points. Kilkenny on the other hand with some poor wides.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Well done to the camogie women

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭rolling boh

seemed the ref was in typical GAA mode was playing on for the draw chance .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Congrats to the girls. Huge heart. Absolutely love Brian Dowling's passion

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Great win despite the ref, he actually won the match for us by not awarding us a free

Brian Dowling for the U20 job.p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

The Cork corner back No. 2 done some amount of fouling in the first half but he waited until near the end to book her. Loads of cynical fouling done by the Cork backs and midfielders not called either. Then plays extra minute at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Butterbeans

Great win in the camogie, great heart and work rate. Cork forwards are fast, and were dangerous when they broke the half back line.

I thought it was slipping away from us when we missed the free in the 50th minute and Cork then went down and scored, but they never gave up and closed Cork down in the closing stages.

Great way to win it, great excitement and well deserved. Congratulations to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Great to see Thompson not getting a winner medal well done Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Neutral here - ref clearly tried his best to allow Cork to score. Hate seeing it - Do refs know they’re allowed blow the whistle if the losing team has the ball in hand? The case of ‘ah sure one more chance’ has to go away

Refs far too lenient with overcarrying in Camogie too imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭brookville

I heard he was dissapointed not to get the u17 gig but he has really jumped a few steps and has learned alot the last few years. He surrounded himself with good people aswell. The u20 is an attractive Jon for someone with alot of the heavy lifting done and the bones of a good team there again unless Lyng takes four or five lads in to the senior set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Tommy shefflin doesn't lose all Irelands. Some record up there. A future Kilkenny coach no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭therealdonster

Paudie Murray, the former Cork manager on last nights Sunday Game nearly choked on his own bitterness. It was as if it was some kind of mistake that Kilkenny had somehow won as he went through all the reasons why they lost. Great to see to be honest!!🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭KK36

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think you've misread him completely. He got stuck into Cork - He's delighted they didn't come away with the All-Ireland given it would've been 'all because of Davy'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I don't think I ever saw a former manager act with such little class after an AI final defeat. He totally threw the Cork management and players under a bus last night. Came across as a real bitter man with a massive ego.

Anyway, enough about Paudie, well done Kilkenny, comhghairdeas.

typical every time Kilkenny win they seem to go through how the other team lost it .e.g. where Clare,Dublin and Galway lost the hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Grats

Very true. The opposition "didn't turn up" was the common theme this year after we won a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

Well done to the Camogie team. In one sense they were lucky as there was a touch of fortune about the goal. However if throwing of the ball and excessive steps were penalized, I think that they would have won easily as these were central to Cork's running game. When, oh when are these rules going to be implemented?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Some crowd in Kilkenny tonight great turnout. supporters are hungry for success.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Unreal turnout in the Marble city for the Camogs !!

Well deserved.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement

Brian Dowling’s wife is some singer, she’ll of a lot better than the payed performer could anyone put it up on social media.

Advertisement