Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting public toilets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Make sure you hover in a public toilet - never sit down

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I'm very fortunate - I never witness stuff like this because I never need to use the toilet when I'm out anywhere. Literally can't remember the last time I had the misfortune of visiting a public toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

A quick poll.... I wonder how many people attempt a general cleanup of the walls and floors of the public toilets after the explosion of loose faecal matter left by the previous guest, for fear of being blamed for their appalling condition by the next unfortunate user?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

A quick poll.... I wonder how many people attempt a general cleanup of the walls and floors of the public toilets after the explosion of loose faecal matter left by the previous guest, for fear of being blamed for their appalling condition by the next unfortunate user?

Jesus no. If the public bathroom has a toilet brush it is the last thing I would ever lay my hand on. I would be afraid that the local pervert would have inserted the stick end by holding the **** cover brush into him/herself for their jollies. There is some right ducked up around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The tapeworm story is vile, good stuff! I say this as someone who had a a few episodes of worms when I was a kid, was ****ting out what looked like rice. Think of that next time you are tucking into some of Uncle Ben's finest

The blood story is also good. I wonder if men are more put out by seeing blood in a toilet than women are as women are more used to it for obvious reasons.

I think women can be as disgusting as men but mainly because of "man utd playing at home" issues rather than sh*te issues. I well remember when I was in college and was in a digs with a girl who never left the toilet dirty but on a few occasions forgot to dispose of her used "jam rags". I'd go into the bathroom and there would be one sitting proudly on the side of the bath.

• Advertisement

Not sure why I clicked a thread titled "Disgusting public toilets" but sure look, here we are

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I can attest that the public conveniences available at the Market Cross shopping centre in Kilkenny are as clean as a whistle. :D

Maybe try there next time OP?

Cycled over to Sausalito a couple of times but luckily never stopped at the public toilets! Where are they, at the viewing point?

Yeah at the viewing point, literally just over the bridge. Apparently not just an unlucky day when I visited, they're famously disgusting.

Just assuming that they are only cleaned at night then left all day.

BrianD3 wrote: »
    The tapeworm story is vile, good stuff! I say this as someone who had a a few episodes of worms when I was a kid, was ****ting out what looked like rice. Think of that next time you are tucking into some of Uncle Ben's finest

The blood story is also good. I wonder if men are more put out by seeing blood in a toilet than women are as women are more used to it for obvious reasons.

I think women can be as disgusting as men but mainly because of "man utd playing at home" issues rather than sh*te issues. I well remember when I was in college and was in a digs with a girl who never left the toilet dirty but on a few occasions forgot to dispose of her used "jam rags". I'd go into the bathroom and there would be one sitting proudly on the side of the bath.

Not accidentally either, all too common to find them stuck to the walls in a cubicle, or tampons thrown on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Not accidentally either, all too common to find them stuck to the walls in a cubicle, or tampons thrown on the floor.
    Im sorry but as a woman, I can tell you I have never ever seen or heard of this before.
    I call BS.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Jacob13

I scutterd meself at a house party, after kipping on the floor in the sitting room. Woke up in the middle of it but couldn't stop it and fell back asleep. Jasas ha.

Im sorry but as a woman, I can tell you I have never ever seen or heard of this before.
    I call BS.

Try the Martello in Bray (when late bars reopen).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Try the Martello in Bray (when late bars reopen).

Or the Pump House, in Kilkenny I urge anyone in the proximity to have a goo there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Secondary school jacks were a great laugh. **** smeared on the wall, roll of jacks paper thrown into the water closet. Paper holder ripped off the wall, “Steo is a bender” and poor quality cock and balls drawings with a dotted line representing ejaculate, pissy floor.

Good times.

KungPao wrote: »
    poor quality cock and balls drawings with a dotted line representing ejaculate, pissy floor.
    You got away lightly if you only saw a drawing of an ejaculation! On a couple of occasions I've seen fresh white ropes on the floor and walls. E.g. went into the cubicle after a fat lad, first thing is the stink of arse sweat and cock cheese, seemed like he had been exerting himself which was confirmed b the "present" left on the floor.

One other curious thing is the blocking of toilets with a dense plug of toilet paper. Happened a lot in college. My mate was adamant that it was scumbags doing it deliberately hoping that someone would sh*t on top of the blockage, flush and then flood the place with sh*tty water. Or alternatively not flush and leave a stinking pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

I try to stop reading, but some strange compulsion keeps me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

A girl I worked with told me about a horror show in her last job she encountered on a Sunday morning. While cleaning up a pub before opening in the women's jacks a tampon was left in the bowl and the woman had then shat on top of it and used a ton of toilet paper. It was blocked bad so she rang the owner he told her to use the mop to plunge it out. It worked so she cleaned up and threw the mop into the skip and bought another mop from a shop in the town. Owner came in later and asked her why was there a new mop and where was the old one gone. He thought she should have rinsed it out under an outside tap and they would have got more use of it. The place used to serve sandwiches as well.
    ****ing place has closed since but Jesus imagine a man bringing the family is n for a Sunday drink and a toddler crawling on that floor!!
    Anyways that's the last of my toilet horror stories

My parents ran a restaurant/bar in the West of Ireland back in the 90’s. I was a teenager at the time, and you’d get the odd ‘code red’ when it came to the toilets. This was mostly kids taking a shït on the floor, the odd abandoned set of y-fronts tucked in behind the toilet, and the occasional gee bullet thrown on the floor.

You’d get used to it. However we had one incident of ‘top decking’. This is a deliberate act of fecoterrorism where someone removes the lid on the cistern, and defecates into the water tank. This disgusting act cost us hundreds of pounds at the time - replacing the cistern, plumber callout, free meal for the poor guy who was the next to flush after the incident, rumours around the village.

We didn’t have CCTV at the time, but always suspected it was actually a Guinness Rep who my father really didn’t like. The constituency of the cistern stool indicated a heavy stout drinker.

Getting sick here even thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

One of my worst experiences is really needing the toilet in a train station and nearly stepping in a poo that was lying steaming on the floor.
    I have seen used feminine hygiene products stuck to cubicle walls too, despite the proper bin being provided. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Not a toilet story per say, but when I was in the National College of Art and Design there was consternation one night. A cleaning lady had gone into the women’s jacks on our floor and discovered a mass of blood, mucus and jelly-like flesh sitting in one of the sinks.

Assuming still-birth foetus, complete with placenta and umbilical cord, she screamed, nearly fainted and called for her colleagues (all of which attracted a crowd of students) who were in the middle of phoning 999 when a girl from the Textiles department sheepishly came forward. Turns out it was sheep’s intestines, and the student had left them in the sink for a few hours to drain of their juices as she was planning on using them to make an interesting print on some fabric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

My parents ran a restaurant/bar in the West of Ireland back in the 90’s. I was a teenager at the time, and you’d get the odd ‘code red’ when it came to the toilets. This was mostly kids taking a shït on the floor, the odd abandoned set of y-fronts tucked in behind the toilet, and the occasional gee bullet thrown on the floor.

You’d get used to it. However we had one incident of ‘top decking’. This is a deliberate act of fecoterrorism where someone removes the lid on the cistern, and defecates into the water tank. This disgusting act cost us hundreds of pounds at the time - replacing the cistern, plumber callout, free meal for the poor guy who was the next to flush after the incident, rumours around the village.

We didn’t have CCTV at the time, but always suspected it was actually a Guinness Rep who my father really didn’t like. The constituency of the cistern stool indicated a heavy stout drinker.

Getting sick here even thinking about it.

Lyles Black Treacle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I would never lower myself to use the toilets in my old secondary school. They reeked of stale piss and tobacco smoke. I would hold my breath when passing them out.

I would never lower myself to use the toilets in my old secondary school. They reeked of stale piss and tobacco smoke. I would hold my breath when passing them out.
    I ventured into my secondary school's toilets once or twice. Never again. Locks busted off the cubicle doors. Door liable to be kicked in on anyone having a sh*t. Also sh*tty wet toilet paper thrown at and stuck to the walls and ceiling.

In primary school, there was a phantom dirty protestor.

No wonder that in 14 years of school, I only pissed in the facilities a handful of times and I never once went for a sh*t.

On tha Pat Kenny Show:

Toilets at Train Stations.

Put on these cloths pegs on your noses and listen up in smello vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Archeron wrote: »
    The toilets in Busaras in Dublin will always have a special place in my nightmares. Even as an adult I hate having to use it.

the last time i was in there, i heard a couple in the cubicle next to me. initially thought they were going at it and then quickly realised they were cooking up

didnt even offer me any ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

On tha Pat Kenny Show:

Toilets at Train Stations.

Put on these cloths pegs on your noses and listen up in smello vision.

I had to run out of the toilets at Heuston Station a few weeks ago because again they had that rotten fishy cabbage stench. That's pretty much what a train/bus toilet smells like most of the time, fishy cabbage!!

I had to run out of the toilets at Heuston Station a few weeks ago because again they had that rotten fishy cabbage stench. That's pretty much what a train/bus toilet smells like most of the time, fishy cabbage!!

All the lads unloading the cargo after a snackbox in Supermacs and 5 quick pints in the Galway Hooker bar.

All the lads unloading the cargo after a snackbox in Supermacs and 5 quick pints in the Galway Hooker bar.

The Murphy's and the Guinness really bring it on!

Are builders particularly bad for leaving a disgusting mess after them or is this unfair. Diets of Guinness and jumbo breakfast rolls can't help.

I remember when i was buying a house during the boom, an estate agent brought me to see a nearly finished one. As we passed by one of the toilets, the door was open and it was a horrific sight. Scutter splattered on the cistern and down the side of the bowl and had pooled on the floor. I think there were some scuttery footprints too. And even if the culprit had gotten it into the bowl there was no water connected up to the house. "Fcuking animals" says the estate agent as we moved swiftly on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Are builders particularly bad for leaving a disgusting mess after them or is this unfair. Diets of Guinness and jumbo breakfast rolls can't help.

They’re not called builders for nothing that’s how you cut your mortar mixing teeth, how well it can hold up remember how Richard Dreyfus took immense pride in his towering sculpture there is pictures doing the rounds that would dwarf it.

Advertisement