Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting public toilets

Options
  • 24-06-2021 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Just used a public restroom at a topaz in Galway and some scummy ****er has not flushed the toilet. I can usually hack that but the worst part was that they must have had hameroids as with the ****e the back of the bowl was covered in bright red blood. ****er just wiped and left it like that with I guess was no attempt to flush it.
    I was too embarrassed to tell someone working there as I didn't want to be associated with it.Some people😰

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Qrt

beerguts wrote: »
    Just used a public restroom at a topaz in Galway and some scummy ****er has not flushed the toilet. I can usually hack that but the worst part was that they must have had hameroids as with the ****e the back of the bowl was covered in bright red blood. ****er just wiped and left it like that with I guess was no attempt to flush it.
    I was too embarrassed to tell someone working there as I didn't want to be associated with it.Some people😰

Beerguts…sure it wasn’t you?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Restroom? I usually just go on the sidewalk, you miss the old faucet tho

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Qrt wrote: »
    Beerguts…sure it wasn’t you?

😠No I am still in the car thinking where can I go now to see unload. Anybody have a suggestion my bowels will greatly appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

Don’t know about the rest of you but the last thing I’d be doing in a public toilet is forensically examining the contents of the bowl.

Don’t know about the rest of you but the last thing I’d be doing in a public toilet is forensically examining the contents of the bowl.

Hard to miss it. If I ploughed on who knows I could have got hepatitis from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,595 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Terrible “etiquette”, on their part.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would you be embarrassed telling a staff member about something that someone else did?

Also, who in Ireland says "resttoom"?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would you be embarrassed telling a staff member about something that someone else did?

Have you ever heard of the old adage ‘whoever smelt it dealt it’? Same applies for horrific bathroom messes.

You really don’t want to be associating yourself with something like that.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Durty culchie sh1te all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Didn't have a nice rest in that room?

It's a fcukin toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Did you complain to the bathroom attendant who was handing out paper towels after he splashed you with aftershave?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Went into the jacks in work one day, and there was a tapeworm in the toilet bowl from the person before me. I've been to plenty of festivals; used rancid portaloos and roofless compostable pit toilets, but this was the one thing that actually traumatised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

OP . If that's the worst thing you see in a public toilet your not doing to bad.
    I used to work with an electrician that had a contract for changing out lights in toilets. Some 9f the things you would see were crazy. Especially the womens . Some people are animals

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They probably ate a dodgy peanut butter and jelly sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

They probably ate a dodgy peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Had the wrong type of 'erbs in it

murpho999 wrote: »

Never even realised I had called it the restroom. Back in the day it was always the ****ter or jacks. But americanisims have definitely crept into my language unfortunately.

The poster that saw the tapeworm wins the most disturbing boost. I would need a bottle of whiskey to get over that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,257 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah the ones around Howth by the pier are awful. You'd have to use hand sanitiser to clean your hands after you've washed them!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The poster that saw the tapeworm wins the most disturbing boost. I would need a bottle of whiskey to get over that

I’ve drunk from the occasional shrine; with the odd worm wriggling about but this is different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

😠No I am still in the car thinking where can I go now to see unload. Anybody have a suggestion my bowels will greatly appreciate it.

Might I suggest the Meyrich Hotel in Eyre Square. You'll be greeted with a pristine facility in which to evacuate your bowels. Nice pint afterwards.

Might I suggest the Meyrich Hotel in Eyre Square. You'll be greeted with a pristine facility in which to evacuate your bowels. Nice pint afterwards.

It's ok I managed to make it to the apple green on tuam road. Made my deposit and then left the place in a respectable state on leaving. The I had one of those 3!in 1 rice jowls from chop sticks. Might need a dukp soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I bring my own antibacterial wipes, anything I touch I clean before hand.....

I bring my own antibacterial wipes, anything I touch I clean before hand.....

Just be sure to not confuse them with a wet toilet wipe. Only going to end in tears, and some sharp “ring sting”.

I saw sh1t smeared on the wall of the cubicle in Dublin Zoo. Also in my local in the way before time when we had locals; of course when I came out of the cubicle one of the bar staff was waiting to go in, and I was stuck between shouting"I didn't smear sh1t on the walls in there!" or just letting her guess that I hadn't done it.

The worst public toilets I encountered where on the Marin County side of the Golden Gate Bridge, on a summer evening. They were absolutely disgusting. Even walking across the floor made me feel ill. Anyone else had the experience?

Just be sure to not confuse them with a wet toilet wipe. Only going to end in tears, and some sharp “ring sting”.

No very sensible, I dispose of in bin....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I saw sh1t smeared on the wall of the cubicle in Dublin Zoo. Also in my local in the way before time when we had locals; of course when I came out of the cubicle one of the bar staff was waiting to go in, and I was stuck between shouting"I didn't smear sh1t on the walls in there!" or just letting her guess that I hadn't done it.

The worst public toilets I encountered where on the Marin County side of the Golden Gate Bridge, on a summer evening. They were absolutely disgusting. Even walking across the floor made me feel ill. Anyone else had the experience?

Cycled over to Sausalito a couple of times but luckily never stopped at the public toilets! Where are they, at the viewing point?

Mental issues or drugs tend to be major factor towards people leaving places as such....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I saw sh1t smeared on the wall of the cubicle in Dublin Zoo.

Animals!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

The toilets in Busaras in Dublin will always have a special place in my nightmares. Even as an adult I hate having to use it.

Descend two sets of stairs in the far corner and arrive in a long creepy room full of steel lockers, which you know at least one has a human head inside. The light is that weird dull yellow that throws shadows everywhere like in murder movies from the 90s. Into the next room for the actual toilets and you are greeted by a row of about 60 urinals, all seeming too close to the next. The row is so long you can barely see the end in the yellow light, but you are certain there is somebody standing there at the very end. A dark motionless figure.

Next to that is the cubicles, one door open and a view of the seat missing stained bowl with wet bog roll on the floor, the other door shut and horrible hellish sounds coming from inside.

You wash your hands, dry them in your trousers as you look in the phlegm stained mirror to make sure Mr creepy distant urinal man isn't behind you, then ascend the stairs back to real life.

It has an atmosphere that sticks to your clothes and follows you home.

Archeron wrote: »
    The toilets in Busaras in Dublin will always have a special place in my nightmares. Even as an adult I hate having to use it.

Descend two sets of stairs in the far corner and arrive in a long creepy room full of steel lockers, which you know at least one has a human head inside. The light is that weird dull yellow that throws shadows everywhere like in murder movies from the 90s. Into the next room for the actual toilets and you are greeted by a row of about 60 urinals, all seeming too close to the next. The row is so long you can barely see the end in the yellow light, but you are certain there is somebody standing there at the very end. A dark motionless figure.

Next to that is the cubicles, one door open and a view of the seat missing stained bowl with wet bog roll on the floor, the other door shut and horrible hellish sounds coming from inside.

You wash your hands, dry them in your trousers as you look in the phlegm stained mirror to make sure Mr creepy distant urinal man isn't behind you, then ascend the stairs back to real life.

The kind of toilet, which makes a great horror film scene, the only thing missing is the rising crescendo menacing music score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Archeron wrote: »

The smell from the toilets in Busáras must originate from Hell itself. It's like a mixture of rotten fish, rotten turnips and rancid cabbage. The last time I used the toilets there the smell was so bad I ran out of the place empty reaching before I even pulled my zipper down.

How that toilet wasn't closed down years ago for health and safety reasons I'll never know.

Advertisement