Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting public toilets

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Worst ever? I took a Greyhound bus from Calgary to Vancouver years ago, and there were a few pit stops on the way. At one truck stop in BC, near either Kamloops or Kelowna, the toilet honestly looked like a whole gang of movie set designers had drawn on every bad bog they'd ever seen or read about. That scene from Trainspotting was just the starting point: it can get worse. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    Worst ever? I took a Greyhound bus from Calgary to Vancouver years ago, and there were a few pit stops on the way. At one truck stop in BC, near either Kamloops or Kelowna, the toilet honestly looked like a whole gang of movie set designers had drawn on every bad bog they'd ever seen or read about. That scene from Trainspotting was just the starting point: it can get worse. :eek:

The Greyhound from Calgary to Vancouver is notorious even by Northern American standards. A mass migration of bums, drug addicts, and beggars takes place in Autumn as they travel from across that country to escape the harsh Canadian winter to somewhere with a climate that is just chilly and wet by comparison.

Don't want to be dropping a 'foot of spine' in the depths of a Calgary winter. Would be frozen by the time it hit the pavement. Very cold city.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Anyone else had to use the jacks in the Hill Street Blues Cafe in Amsterdam?

10061091-W8-B-dr9zpkfe-Ftn-Azlfvwv-Syr9di-EEsro-DGCBJu-Hiy-Q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Are builders particularly bad for leaving a disgusting mess after them or is this unfair. Diets of Guinness and jumbo breakfast rolls can't help.

I remember when i was buying a house during the boom, an estate agent brought me to see a nearly finished one. As we passed by one of the toilets, the door was open and it was a horrific sight. Scutter splattered on the cistern and down the side of the bowl and had pooled on the floor. I think there were some scuttery footprints too. And even if the culprit had gotten it into the bowl there was no water connected up to the house. "Fcuking animals" says the estate agent as we moved swiftly on.

Our tabloid reading builder friends are renowned for poor eating habits, and also despite having a knowledge of tools, an inability to deploy a toilet brush to clean up their pebbledash.

Had one around for a while in a previous workplace and guaranteed a partially or completely unflushed calling card would be left in the bowl during his stay.

Kids are fairly bad, I remember a set of outdoor jacks in primary school where a kid would lay one on the rim, the seat (where it wasn't broken off) or just plop one any old where at all like an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Greyhound from Calgary to Vancouver is notorious even by Northern American standards. A mass migration of bums, drug addicts, and beggars takes place in Autumn as they travel from across that country to escape the harsh Canadian winter to somewhere with a climate that is just chilly and wet by comparison.

Don't want to be dropping a 'foot of spine' in the depths of a Calgary winter. Would be frozen by the time it hit the pavement. Very cold city.
    I did that trip in January, and there were indeed homeless people on the streets in the daytime, though I presume/hope they had shelters when the storms came down through the Northwest Territories. I didn't look closely enough to spot any Calgary Steamers, though. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
Advertisement