Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Navy blue

I thought the scoring was a bit all over the place last night. I didn’t get the love for Tom and Amy’s paso, I didn’t think his posture was that great in it and he kind of gurned the whole way through it which was a bit off putting!

Didn’t particularly like Rhys and Nancy’s QS either. His legs were crazy, they looked like they were flailing madly, independent of his body! He really needs to learn to be more contained in his dances if he wants to progress.

John and Johannes were good but I just hate the rumba no matter how good it is so can’t judge if they deserved that score or not!

I liked Rose and Giovanni’s samba, her samba walk in particular was excellent. They were always gonna have a hard time living up to last week though.

Sara, Adam, Tilly and Dan were all a bit ‘meh’. Can barely remember anything about their dances.

AJ though… wow, wow, wow! That has to be one of the best Charleston’s ever on the show it not one of the best dances ever. She absolutely nailed it. They looked like two professionals. Can’t believe Craig didn’t give it a 40. I’m sure we’ll be seeing it again in the final and they’ll get their 40 then!

Dan and Sara or Adam in the DO with Dan to go.

Another excellent summary. Thanks.

Im gone off John and Johannes, but it was a great Rhumba.

Rhys and Nancy are both too manic for my liking.

Tom’s Paso was good, as was Roses Samba.

AJ really blew the others out of the water.

The rest were average at best.

I think it should be Dan and Adam in danceoff, with either to go, but I wouldn’t count on it! The public are strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was in such a heap last night watching, I can barely remember the show! I'm having to revise a fb thread I was posting on as it happened 🤣

Yeah, Tom's paso, didn't get the mad love for it (apart from anything the costumes were so corny they completely ruined any concentration I had on the dance), but it was good (a lot better than some of the other dances!)

Rhys QS - shameless rip-off of Uptown Girl, Billy Joel should be looking for royalties. And it was all over the shop. Not good.

The lads' rumba - like someone posted above, I can't stand the rumba at the best of times, so that did nothing whatsoever for me. The only one I can ever remember liking was Cheri Lunghi's. And those shirts were just weird.

I thought Tilly was good - I absolutely loved her make up and their monochrome outfits, but the floor graphics just made me feel queasy - again, unnecessary distraction from the actual dancing. But was there something funny going on with her head? Or was that Sara??

Sara has definitely done something to mortally offend the costumes department!! That was a shocker of a get-up last night, and my abiding memory of their dance was the rictus grin fixed on her face and she looking like she had an invisible neck-brace on.

Dan's dance was appallingly bad! I thought it was terrible choreography by Nadiya for starters, it was utterly boring, and had loads of copycat moves from Bill and Oti's one (the bench) and Karen's various ones (step sequences), and in fairness, she's the absolute queen of SC. And seeing as they seem to have had free reign with the theme, why wouldn't she go for a football, or at least sports theme??? LA movie star was just so random, and didn't suit him in the slightest.

Who have I missed? Oh, Adam - boring. Can't even remember what dance it was, but it was very average, and his arse still sticks out.

Oh, and Rose!! Well, it's a hard job to follow last week (I felt sorry for Tilly for the same reason!), but I thought it was near her worst dance to date. I had noticed the samba walk while she was doing it, and thought it looked brilliant - but the rest was really stiff or stilted or jerky or something - and she was doing the most obvious counting I've seen so far (I know/think she has to do it for most if not all dances, which is fair enough, but I've never actually noticed it before - maybe this one was extra challenging? anyway, that feels like very mean nit-picking on my part)

And AJ, well, there's not a lot to say there, is there!! Fab-u-LOUS, those arms and legs flailing everywhere (in the best possible way!) - it reminded me a bit of Sophie E-B's one - the height and long legs are brilliant if you can control them - and boy, could she!! It was amazing, should absolutely have got a 40.

Some pair from Dan/Adam/Sara/Rhys for the dance-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

John and Johannes always dress too alike . It hard to separate them into two people . The tend to mirror each other every single week . In my opinion they need to be a couple with separate identities and not always mirroring the other .

Amazing group dance tonight.

Surprised to see Tilly in danceoff. I thought that her social media following would take her to the final. The right dancer was eliminated, however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Pro dance was definitely the best of a bad lot so far this series tonight.

Still trying to figure out why the girls were dressed as Western bar wenches and the guys as Boston dockers though. 😂

Dan is still being desperately overmarked.

Tom's Paso was very very good despite the "oh no, I've stepped in dog poo" face

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Navy blue

I was surprised to see Tilly in the DO, I thought her tango was quite good. Dan definitely had a lucky escape last night. I have to say I'm glad Adam is gone, there was something about their pairing that irritated me and his dances were very forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

I don’t like speaking badly of people in general but I didn’t take to them at all either.

I think Adam has a high opinion of himself and thought he was a better dancer that he actually was .

Another good night. I wonder will AJ be in the danceoff? Dan and Tilly should be in the danceoff, with either to go, but it could be anyone! Rose and Giovannis dance was spectacular. She brings out the best in him.

• Advertisement

I thought Sara's dance was fairly shocking. But not as shockingly bad as her dress! Talk abut unflattering....

I thought Tilly and Tom were very middle of the road - not bad, but not good either.

Rhys should NOT have got a 40, there was no way that was better than AJ's charleston! Although he and Rose were probably my favourite dances of the night.

Rose was just so beautifully elegant, I loved that dance - and it didn't feel "gimmicky" at all, which it easily could have.

AJ's was another middling one, not bad, but not very good either.

John and Johnannes - well, Johannes completely overshadowed his celeb for starters - there's no doubt he's brilliant, although he's not at all my cup of tea, and there was something slightly unsettling about that dance for me. I thought John was probably OK, but couldn't get a look-in for Johannes hip-swivelling all over the shop.

Dan still has a bit of a beginner look about his - his dances just don't flow like the better ones do, he's a bit stoppy-starty.

If it was up to me, Dan would be gone tomorrow night. Or Sara, but she has a bit more potential than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yep, spot on. Marks were a little mad tonight.

Still, i had loads of fun.

AJ should not be in the dance off at all . The marking was all over the shop

I thought Rose and Giovanni were beautiful and the silence said a million words

I love John and Johannes but like Heidi said Johannes totally outdanced John and actually lost him at one stage . Johannes should be mindful that its not all about him

I just watched it back and I think Craig was actually sending Johannes a subtle message tonight. He said John was "sitting back" and needed to "push forward with the energy".... in other words, Johannes, let your celebrity shine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Rose and Gio. What a moment. I love her and she does seem to bring the best out in him like Maryanne said above. What was it Craig said? Contemporary dances have to be what? I missed that point?

I loved Rhys' charleston. He seemed so light! It was one of those dances where we were here 'wowing' on repeat 😂

I have to say I missed the whole Johannes overshadowing John, I think my eyes are always on John any how 😳😂. But sometimes I get that he gets a bit complacent or something towards the end of the dance? Like they've over rehearsed it so by the time they're performing it in Sat night by the end he's just going through the motions? Like, hands go here, shoulders do this, legs go here, job done.

I take it there's no Blackpool this year because of Covid?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought John was a bit awkward doing the samba but Johannes was also giving it his absolute all: he should have reined himself in.

Apart from Rose & Gio, who l loved (even though I normally hate w**ky barefoot contemporary dances), all others were a little flat for me last night.

Sara & Dan for the dance-off, with Dan to go? Tilly might be in trouble though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

How is Dan escaping? Both Sara and Tilly were brilliant tonight. Neither should have gone 😥

Dan is still hanging in there and thinking he is a good dancer

Delighted for AJ and Kai and now they can put it behind them hopefully

I have to disagree with Sara being brilliant!

Tilly I thought danced better than last night, but Sara was still shocking.

After Dan, she was the next weakest dancer left, so not too big a shock in my book.

AJ and the waltz should be a match made in heaven next week.

I worried for Aljaz’s manhood a few times tonight !! Those kicks were dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No idea why they had Sara dressed to look like a sofa. Anyway...

Main problem with Kai and AJ's dance was I couldn't even see or follow it. It was completely overshadowed by the (appalling) music and lighting.

The marking was ridiculous though. Dan was disgracefully overmarked but he seems to be getting the votes.

Think we can scratch Tilly off the list as a winner. The public ain't taking to her.

Rose's dance was beautiful and deserved 40, certainly ahead of Rhys's Charleston.

At this stage I reckon Rose is the red hot favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I guess Nancy will do dances that have Rhys in hold to show where he’s weak.

should be a rule you’ve got to do certain kind of dances

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't think Dan is under any illusion about how good he is.

I think there's a schedule that they're given - but there are so many dances that I don't think any couple gets through the whole lot - how the pros choreograph each dance to suit their celebrity is up to them, why wouldn't they cover up the weak spots as much as possible?

(assuming you meant "hide where he's weak", what you actually typed doesn't make sense to me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Sorry you are correct.

I understand they've so many dances but they need to do a certain type of dance, slow, fast, in hold etc. We had it with Lottie here everything was on the fast side. I don't remember if she did any real slow ones.

Play to your strengths but shouldn't be a case of you can just do what you want.

But I don't think they can do what they want?

They're given a dance to do every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I dont think they get to pick the music either.

Well, given some of the very questionable music that some have had to dance to, I certainly hope not!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I think it's Rose and Giovanni to win.

I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. 😁

• Advertisement

Craig has tested positive and won’t be on Saturdays show.

Advertisement