Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I thought that was one of her more sensible remarks, tbh!!

Vertical, and over the pelvis, as opposed to slouched or leaning forward (arse sticking out).

I actually thought to myself last night that for once she seemed to have not been at the sweet sherry!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was laughing at her talking about her ex-husbands! 😂😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

According to this, Steve Allen has apologised to Tilly Ramsay, as well he should, imo.

She was very dignified in her response to him, day one, fair dues.

Rhys and Nancy get on my goat. Not likeable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rose and Gio are quite simply awesome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is Graziano doing a tribute to Nandor? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Some great dances tonight. Rose and Gio, WOW. Just WOW.

Judi and Graziano, NO. Just NO.

Should be Judi and Dan in Danceoff, but think it’ll be Judi and either Dan or Sara with Judi to go.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Am behind as usual! Saw clips of Judi's and Rose's performances, so far, on Facebook.

Judi will surely be leaving this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Navy blue

I didn’t particularly enjoy last nights show (although the Halloween show has always been my least favourite) I thought the music choices in particular were terrible.

I don’t know what the judges were drinking in the green room to give Judy that score, I thought she was terrible. She always looks so slow and it’s as if she’s putting zero effort in. Though Aliaj really dropped the ball with that couples choice, it should be an opportunity to show of the celebs strengths without the confines of a particular dance and that one just missed the mark totally. Didn’t care for Tom and Amy, Rhys and Nancy or Tom and Katya either.

The only ones I enjoyed were Tilly and Nikita, AJ and Kai and of course Rose and Giovanni. They were just stunning and I am constantly amazed at how she can dance like that without being able to hear the music. Giovanni’s reaction was so sweet, he’s come so far since his first few series when he was so arrogant and cocky. He’s has as much of a journey as the celebs!

Judy and Dan or Rhys in the DO with hopefully Judy to go.

• Advertisement

Totally agree with your post. Would love to see Rose, Tilly and AJ in the final. All three come across as really nice, hard working girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m getting bored of Johannes and John tbh

Its a bit samey now isnt it ? They need to branch out from the powerful strutting and stomping and get some fun in it again

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Navy blue

Yes, there’s been something missing the last couple of weeks, I think the all male partnership works well for dances like the Paso, but not so well in other dances. Missing the femininity in the ballroom dances certainly. And I agree with Craig, their quickstep was repetitive last night.

Agree with all re John/Johannes (as do all of my pals on another forum, it seems to be universal) - they've lost whatever magic spark they had at the start. They're technically brilliant, but the charleston and quickstep are both about my favourite dances of all, and they just didn't do it for me at all. The hallowe'en costumes meant I couldn't tell who was who while they were dancing! Which might be a good reflection of John's dancing abilities - but it was seriously distracting.

Rose and Giovanni's tango has to go down as one of the all-time greats - the dancing was only the half of it, her acting was immense - the first five seconds, before she ever even got out of her chair/throne, had me transfixed - the whole thing was an absolute joy to watch, I've replayed it about 20 times already and I'm not done yet! And she's fkn DEAF!!!!! I mean......

Judi - well, I think the less said about that, the better. What were they all thinking? Aljaz, the producers, the costume designers.....???? She has to be a dead cert to go tonight.

Dan - brought back all the nightmare memories of Scott Mills' lobster performance - which in fairness may not have been quite as bad! But I'm not going back to watch and compare.......

AJ was fabulous, she really is some dancer. There was more dynamism and action to her waltz than there was to the quickstep - and that's not something you can usually say!

I think Adam was cleverly camouflaged by costumes and choreography this week (that's more alliteration than I'd intended!!) - if he gets a simple number next week, I think he'll be exposed again.

Tilly - I hated it as they were dancing it, the whole slow-mo cha cha thing - but in hindsight I can see the cleverness of it, and she danced it beautifully, tightly and sharp moves - still, I think on balance, not for me though. And her look was so bizarre that I found that distracting as well. (I find a lot of the Hallowe'en shows, the costumes overshadow the dances).

And Sara..... I think she's in the "the less said the better" category as well - that was mesmerisingly awful!

I think tonight's dance-off and result are a gimme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Loved that review Heidi!

Judi looks like she’s given up already. Can’t believe Adam is in the DO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Xander10

easiest dance off decision ever. Scratching my head now to figure out how she made it to week 7?

Because she wasn't in Week 6 to be voted off then?

She was a total fish out of water this week - just goes to show how the dancers progress so much each week - miss one week and you're left totally behind!

I can't believe Adam was in the dance-off over Dan..... and his dance looked even weirder second time around - but it made it an easy decision for the judges

• Advertisement

The Public seem to be voting for Dan which is a bit worrying. Can see him stinking the place out for another couple of weeks.

Well, in fairness only one can get voted off each week, and Judi was hands down the worst this week - I'd be fairly confident Dan will be next, he's by miles the weakest dancer left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭santana75

I quite like Dan and the public have definitely taken to him. I can understand why though, he has improved every week, no doubt about that and I think people will want to see someone who genuinely had no dance experience before starting the show improve and progress as opposed to others who quite clearly have previous dance experience. I follow him on social media and he is a gent, very devout aswell, wont train and work on Sundays in honour of his faith.

I just loved Rose and Gio's Tango... I must have watched it a million times over. I heard the song on the radio this morning and now I totally associate it with that performance 😀

I was at my son's soccer match last week and a small sibling of a child on another team on the sideline miss kicked a ball and it landed beside me. When I kicked it back to him he signed Thank you. Only for Rose, I wouldn't have known and I was so mad with myself for not being able to say you're welcome to a little kid!! I gave him a thumbs up instead! Since then I've looked up a few videos so I don't get caught out and have learned a few phrases to get me started and I really want to look into it further to learn for my self and certainly have the kids learn how to sign.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I also recently worked with someone who was deaf in the UK (she took a class I run online) and we had a great conversation about Rose on Strictly. I learnt a couple of signs and she was thrilled I had. Of course, they have different sign language in the UK to us in Ireland but I was still pleased. It was so easy to be inclusive.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Agree he is a contestant in the true spirit as a complete novice who signed up. Seen a lot of him as a football presenter and he always came across as a nice guy. Suppose I haven't really noticed the improvement from him, I always think he tries to disguise the lack of dancing with a comedy element.

Speaking of non novice contestants, my suspicion is that Tilly has had dance lessons. Has that been stated or confirmed?

Some great dances again tonight…..and Dan! By rights it should be Dan and Adam in the danceoff, but don’t bet on it! AJ, WOW. Just WOW.

Loved tonight . AJ and Kai were amazing and I loved Rose and Gio

I usually love John and Johannes but I thought it was all about Johannes tonight and out shone John

Adam and Dan in dance off for me

AJ!!! I'd love to hear those in the know on here explain Craig's 9?

John and Johannes though was my dance of the night. Technique wise I'm no judge... It was just the most beautiful dance.

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

• Advertisement

Personally I think Craig does it for attention to be honest .

Advertisement