Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clarkson's Farm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭older by the day

Sher we are all either racist, bigots, or right wing nowadays. I would consider myself a fair person a " live and let live sort"but I feel I'm being pushed into believing things that I feel ain't true.

Being a man, being catholic, being straight, believing children should have a mother and father. All offending someone.

It's no harm to have a different perspective even tho, he is a fair bollox of a human

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Well that is shocking stuff indeed and no doubt someone will be offended and offended at me for not being offended.

Looking forward to seeing season 2 with the kids. We really enjoyed S1😁

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,061 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Started watching season 1 again. Still funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Cant see season 2 being a flop for him and not a hope of seeing season 3 being cancelled. I reckon it will do very good in the ratings/viewings as its not the very vocal minority of the population that will be tuning into him regardless of what hes said or done in the past. Please let it be a sign of the times we are living in, the silent majority gets on with it common sense prevails.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

All this has made season 2 a guaranteed success.

And I don’t know how anyone can be annoyed any anything, anyone says or does in the media. Their role is to enrage. Drive clicks. And they are very very good at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Hopefully you are right with regards cancel culture. I hope the massive silent majority shut “them” up. Wont happen for two reasons.

In this case

1) The silent majority couldn’t give a continental **** about Megan.

2) Same for Jeremy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Tileman

Season 2 is way more scripted than season 1. Not quite as enjoyable so far as the first season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The whole family glued to it, on episode three now. What breed of cattle are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Young buck is now a celebrity and has lost that inisents the Irish lady is more into it in this season, another celebrity in the making I like your man Clarkson love the way he spends money, like the crush was some bit of kit 10 grand. We all need a Charlie in our lives, good show over all.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Charlie is classic... what an operator, an educated, super knowledgable guy but so interestingly boring it's funny. Clarkeson describing his office as "dripping in fine art"... nothing on the walls, not a farming calendar, no nice farming photography, not even a qualification or framed pic of a prize animal. The man seems to be part robot, unbelievably focused with an amish vibe about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭anthony500_1

I've watched 3 episodes of S2,so far I'm generally impressed with the show, feels a lot more scripted then season 1 but in saying that it's still very enjoyable to watch.

I don't know if it's Jeremeys ideas or the likes of cheery Charlie who comes up with the ideas for changing the lambing shed into a new enterprise but you have to give it to them, they are trying to make the farm profitable any which way they can.

I know on the flip side they are spending shed loads of cash, but at least he has plenty of it to loose. It reminds of the story of the farmer that won the lotto years ago. When asked what he would do with all the money his reply was " keep farming till it's all spent"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Episode 3 last night i thought very good, the tractor rearing like a 35 with a buckrake full of damp single chop grass & the esb pole incident.

One a night here, no binge watching & will watch series one again, all free thank the good lord with one month free trial.

The free stuffs always best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Tileman

Just finished it tonight. Have to say was very good overall. Kids loved it. Again to be fair to him he has done more for promoting agriculture than anyone in the past 20 years.

however the health and safety needs to be looked at. Tagging calves 😱 calving cows etc

calum didn’t come across quite as knowledgeable this time round. Talked shite about the cows on a few occasions.

An amazing farm though . Very lucky man and that’s before he gor the new wife Lisa.

Post edited by Tileman on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Apparently there is a bit of a backlash/ outcry in the UK over the cost of TB both to the taxpayer and to the farmers and the way the TB in wildlife is ignored completely.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

They’re testing every 6 months and now it’s introduced here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭memorystick

Let’s hope he greases his JCB for season 3. The squeals of her when pushing the spoil was shocking.

At least he’s highlighting the nonsense in the administration end.

Just finished the last episode there last night very good, he is definitely not hitting it off with the villagers and the local council, probably as bad here in this country, loved the Gin bar in the back of the range rover, looks like a guy that likes a few, I would say he would be some crack to be out for a few with, it's pure fantasy farming though when you can through money in to it and have 1000 acres of the best of land with views to die for and an endless supply of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Started season 2 last night, loved it. Scripted no doubt but Comedic and a sense of genuine friendliness amongst all the characters involved and fun nonetheless.

They are surely pedigree registered shorthorns, a bit more like the traditional dual cow than the good short legged stocky beef shorthorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

More great stuff from Clarkson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭straight

I thought season 1 was more about farming in a way but season 2 was just as good. Having got one over on the planners before myself I know the feeling. 😉

We need more straight talkers like Jeremy around. Liked his bit about working through COVID not like the snowflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cooking the chillis was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

Very enjoyable, roll on series 3

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Whole family watched it, just finished it tonight and it was very enjoyable. The over eight year old's (who have spent time on farms) really appreciating the humour & hard work that goes in to the production of the food that appears on the table.

Local council came out stinking of snobbery, cynical obstruction & a horrible "locals only" attitude towards some lateral thinking, symbiotic business activities with local producers/farmers. The oldest pre-teen was fairly angry at the unfairness & the truculent childish attitudes towards what could have been a good thing in the area.

I'm guessing the next season will see a sea change in thinking. But some locals seem to have dug their heels in against progress purely because of the whole "you're not a farmer, you silly city boy" attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

He has had to close the restaurant lately and give the council an undertaking not to reopen it

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

I'd say they knew that was going to happen. Once he had it open long enough for the show he was happy. Great show fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Have to say I love this show and I know nothing about farming- even gave serious consideration to buying 30 acres after season 1.

If it gets people like me interested in farming I can not see a way that season 3 will not be made over a stupid comment. This show is a massive hit and tbh missing out on it for a perceived slight against some dumb American that's only oxygen is cr@p like this is only going to affect you and not Clarkson.

Honestly @AMKC if you enjoyed the first season just watch this one and let Meghan Markle fight her own battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes I am watching it but went and watched all the rest of the 1st season first as had only seem 3 episodes of it but found somewhere online to watch the rest of them and done that first :) and am watching season 2 now. I think season 3 will be the last season of it do and Clarkson has no one to blame bit his big mouth and no where to run this time either because let's be honest there is not many companies bigger or with more or the same kind of resources as Amazon. Sky maybe or Apple that's about it.

There is saying something and there is what Clarkson said which was just disgusting. She never said anything bad or done anything bad to him so there was no need for what he said.

It just goes to show what a horrible person he really is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Overall thought is was poor. The scripting has become obvious. I'd say they learned that the hard way in Series 1 trying to schedule filming around unpredictable events like lambing and the weather. Kalebs country bumpkin 'I have never' routine and Geralds mumbling wear thin very fast. I wanted to see more detail around the brewing etc.

Advertisement