Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beneficiary in Will refusing to give date of birth

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

indeed they were. PAYE numbers, RSI Numbers and PPS Numbers are the same thing. which is why saying

makes no sense.

Originally,National Insurance numbers used by Social Welfare and Revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Oh God it's still rumbling on. I wonder did the op get the DOB?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

beachhead wrote: »
    Originally,National Insurance numbers used by Social Welfare and Revenue

Not aware of a national insurance number used in ireland. There was a social welfare insurance number that existed alongside the PAYE number pre RSI. that number disappeared and the PAYE number became the RSI number.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Oh God it's still rumbling on. I wonder did the op get the DOB?

unfortunately not. Things have taken a dramatic turn though which i cannot go into but it explains it!!

Redsquigy wrote: »
    unfortunately not. Things have taken a dramatic turn though which i cannot go into but it explains it!!

Outstanding warrant in another jurisdiction?

• Advertisement

Outstanding warrant in another jurisdiction?

no wish it was that simple!! :D

no wish it was that simple!! :D

Last guess, they aren't a beneficiary they aren't a son or daughter of the deceased, probably reared as such but aren't. Could be a grandchild or someone else's baby, it was quite common up to the late 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭shalom

Can the birth registry in the local HSE offices provide you with this? Can you request a birth certificate?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

shalom wrote: »
    Can the birth registry in the local HSE offices provide you with this? Can you request a birth certificate?

to get a birth cert you need to know the date of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

to get a birth cert you need to know the date of birth.

Somebody suggested narrowing down the range of possible birth names and locations and searching the registers (there are approx 25k male and female births each year so it's not an impossible task)

• Advertisement

Did any of you read the latest post from the op? Turns out DOB is only the tip of the iceberg with this beneficiary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Last guess, they aren't a beneficiary they aren't a son or daughter of the deceased, probably reared as such but aren't. Could be a grandchild or someone else's baby, it was quite common up to the late 80s.

So they are a bastard?

So they are a bastard?

that's one way of describing :D

So they are a bastard?

Sweet terminology there...
    Have I been transported back to 1940??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The individual may not want to reveal their DOB because the birth cert. shows the names of the parents, including the mother's maiden name.

If he was left something in the will, he is inheriting it in his own right and doesn't need to prove his lineage.

But what about if the will leaves asset x to 'my son John'. And John turns out not to be his son at all?

If this is a case of intestacy, it will make all the difference. Because if he is neither the spouse, an adopted child or a blood relative of the deceased, he cannot inherit anything. Though I note that the OP has specifically mentioned a will in the thread title.

coylemj wrote: »
    The individual may not want to reveal their DOB because the birth cert. shows the names of the parents, including the mother's maiden name.

If he was left something in the will, he is inheriting it in his own right and doesn't need to prove his lineage.

But what about if the will leaves asset x to 'my son John'. And John turns out not to be his son at all?

If this is a case of intestacy, it will make all the difference. Because if he is neither the spouse, an adopted child or a blood relative of the deceased, he cannot inherit anything. Though I note that the OP has specifically mentioned a will in the thread title.

Maybe they don't want others in the family to know their lineage. If the will says "All my assets to be divided equally amongst my children" and this person isn't one of the benefactors children, Houston we have a problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Maybe they don't want others in the family to know their lineage. If the will says "All my assets to be divided equally amongst my children" and this person isn't one of the benefactors children, Houston we have a problem...

+1 If he gets disinherited, it will be to the financial benefit of the other siblings. But I'd say this is probably nephews and nieces or next of kin. Because the OP said in post #42 (quoted below) that the beneficiaries are 'related'. Which is not a word you'd typically use to describe a set of siblings.

Whatever the relationship, it sounds like they're not prepared to jettison him. Because the OP said this in post #37 ...
    other beneficiaries are aware and dont seem too bothered that all is held up. none are directors of any company. Think this one in particular is just being petty now. i have never come across anything like this before.

And post #42 ...
    other beneficiaries are related and not helping either.

Curioser and curioser.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Maybe I missed it but is a birth cert (as opposed to a passport,drivers licence or garda age card) specifically needed as evidence of DOB? I thought the beneficiary was just being awkward for the sake of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

This needs to move to the Creative Writing forum!

This needs to move to the Creative Writing forum!

i wish i could elaborate on details - but not on a public forum - but thanks to you all for all your very interesting posts - some i just love!! I think this is going to a very long Probate - one that deceased would be so sad over.

• Advertisement

Is it a case of easy to call Mammy, not so easy to call Daddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭ltd440

All the best OP, I'm in the final stages of the process myself and if someone else asked me to be executor, my answer would be a big fat No.

ltd440 wrote: »
    All the best OP, I'm in the final stages of the process myself and if someone else asked me to be executor, my answer would be a big fat No.

thanks, i wish you all the best. If i had known all the crap and heartache involved i would have run a million miles away. Still feel like running away but i vowed i would look after it so hopefully will see it to the end (if there is one!) :eek:

It's certainly a tough task I wouldn't be keen to do it again either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭tscul32

ltd440 wrote: »

I'm executor on one will, but thankfully the couple only have one child so should be an easy "everything goes to them". Reading this thread would make you think twice alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

i wish i could elaborate on details - but not on a public forum - but thanks to you all for all your very interesting posts - some i just love!! I think this is going to a very long Probate - one that deceased would be so sad over.

Aww man, come on, you can't leave us hanging like that!
    We invested time, effort and spurious advice into this!

Advertisement