Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After how long with zero success should I delete my pic profile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jimjangles

Completely different story irrelevant.
    Zero dates, zero messages for me just nothing.
    It's incomparable.
    Unless people are here to boast for their own entertainment I just don't see what's the point.
    I ignore sarcasm.
    I disdain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

razorblunt wrote: »
    Awful smell of "nice guy Reddit" off this.

I'm a nice guy, the bitches should thank me for the privilege of being in my shadow. They'll see, they'll all see!

f0baca047a09af4fbd4419c52af05871.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Only use PAY sites when dating, weeds out all the nonserious people....pof n the likes are a complete waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

One of my friend's brothers is not all there, not sure what it is or if it's diagnosable, but he went on a date with a chick he met on one of these dating sites. He proposed 4 times over the course of the date, including the first which occurred just 15 minutes after they met. She pulled a dine and dash and he had to pick up the bill! Should have dropped few quid on the table before she left imo.

nj27 wrote: »
    One of my friend's brothers is not all there, not sure what it is or if it's diagnosable, but he went on a date with a chick he met on one of these dating sites. He proposed 4 times over the course of the date, including the first which occurred just 15 minutes after they met. She pulled a dine and dash and he had to pick up the bill! Should have dropped few quid on the table before she left imo.

What a bitch I see she ate her full feed.
    I'm probably lucky to not have met anyone.
    It appears a lot of women are the scummy lowlives these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

jimjangles wrote: »
    I can't I live in a rural area where there's nothing to do unless you're a footballer.

Move somewhere more urban, it's really your only hope .

I've been on plenty of fish for many months and have had zero success.
    No views, no conversations, nothing.
    I tried putting up a photo, deleting my photo etc.
    How long with no activity or success whatsoever is long enough to say screw it this is useless it's time to delete this?
    I'm a male by the way so looking for answers from a male perspective.
    POF is no more than
    Entry point for Zoosk.

POF is a romantic ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

if all else fails OP, tell them you've got a big mickey

What a bitch I see she ate her full feed.
    I'm probably lucky to not have met anyone.
    It appears a lot of women are the scummy lowlives these days.

Deleting your pic profile is the least of your worries.

Maybe dating sites should set up a program where its $100 a month for the guys and free for the women.

I'll put that in my notebook.

• Advertisement

isha wrote: »
    Deleting your pic profile is the least of your worries.

Care to elaborate?
    The woman took advantage of a man who obviously had issues and ran out and he was forced to pay her bill.
    Therefore she was a scummy lowlife taking advantage and getting a free meal.
    Now tell me what your problem is with me then eh?

Care to elaborate?
    The woman took advantage of a man who obviously had issues and ran out and he was forced to pay her bill.
    Therefore she was a scummy lowlife taking advantage and getting a free meal.
    Now tell me what your problem is with me then eh?

You hear one story and a lot of women are scummy low lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

I tried Tinder before and eliminated all the women on it within a few days.
    I got rejected by everyone.
    I don't know anything about Bumble but I doubt it's any use either.
    I'm going to give up.
    There's no decent woman out there for me.
    This is over.

It's all about your profile blurb.

If it's some sh!t like "Sensitive guy, loves to laugh, enjoys long walks on the beach, knows what he wants, doesn't take life too seriously" or some crap like that you would sicken a pig.

Say what you mean and make women interested and make them laugh. And direct it at women who might be a bit different and adventurous.

isha wrote: »
    You hear one story and a lot of women are scummy low lives?

Well I'm sure there are.
    You like to think all women except one are perfect then?

Try Hinge, there's no swiping in that the app is setup for people to take things slowly.

If things go any slower for me I'll be an octegenarian before I get my first date.

OP since you're not really serious about deleting your profile why not for the hell of it change profile to somebody like Adrian Mole.

Then post a few melancholic inconsolable posts.

But do you have the bottle

Well I'm sure there are.
    You like to think all women except one are perfect then?

No people are perfect. Men or women. But you are not going to get very far in the love championships if you casually believe a lot of women are scummy low lives. That's just a fact.

I haven't even entered the qualifiers in the love championships so it's not going to make a whole lot of difference anyway.
    I've nothing to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭NiceFella

OP,

You're being far too negative.

Online dating is a pain in the arse, and you will encounter a lot of time wasters. But after a while if you are paying attention you get a feel for who is worth messaging or engaging with. It takes time but you will get a feel for it. Don't just go for looks, go for someone you think you might be able to a connect with

As for getting no messages, I too had very bad luck with POF and Tinder. I found these to be a waste of time. These apps at least to me were full of attention seekers. With Bumble I had the most success as the women have to message first and in that way you tend to get ones who are more genuinely interested.

When you say there is nothing to do in the area apart from football is that really true? I'm sure there are things but you may want to broaden what you are willing to do.

Also I'm reading a small bit of self esteem issue. I had and still have issues here. I just did a bunch of exercise, looked after myself and also lowered my expectations in when dating. It helped dramatically. So if that is something you think might be true for you if urge you to look at things as a challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

POF is useless, especially in a rural area. There be about 5 women on it if you're in those locales. Even when you match with someone half the time they don't respond to messages, even had ones who messages me first go radio silence.

But you can't take those things to heart, it's a buyers market and women are the buyers. Even if they've 3 kids from a previous relationship they think they can be picky

• Registered Users Posts: 16,332 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The reality is some people are just going to end up alone, ther idea that there is someone for everyone is just a fairytale.

The reality is some people are just going to end up alone, ther idea that there is someone for everyone is just a fairytale.

The perfect "one" probably not. But there is 7 billion people on earth. If you look hard enough you will find one that suits you well enough. If you take a negative attitude you are kiling your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭enricoh

Mate of mine is going out a year or two with a cracker that he met on bumble. I think he took a picture of himself with a surfboard n went with the surfer look!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

dvdman1 wrote: »
    Only use PAY sites when dating, weeds out all the nonserious people....pof n the likes are a complete waste of time

You still see the same serial daters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

put more info in your profile,
    eg your interests ,hobbies, eg sports,music ,books etc
    Women dont simply go by looks.
    some women want someone who can hold a conversation about various subjects and be funny .
    join a club .dating is not easy ,even celebs use dating apps

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

riclad wrote: »
    some women want someone who can hold a conversation about various subjects and be funny

They want this, they want that. The absolute cheek of them, tbh. It'd make you sick.

I'm trying Bumble but I can't see how I could
    have any luck on that as it's the same as Tinder.
    I'd never meet anyone on that.
    They"ll all just swipe left like they did on
    Tinder.
    It's useless.
    I need to give up this crap.
    I'm going to delete my pof profile in a couple of days
    and will end up deleting my Bumble after
    a week of rejection and nothingness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

I haven't even entered the qualifiers in the love championships so it's not going to make a whole lot of difference anyway.
    I've nothing to lose

WRONG - you've potentially everything that you're looking for, to lose. But feeling sorry for yourself, and deleting apps after a week, won't help you there. You need to persevere, while accepting that you may, for any number of reasons, not meet someone who fits your ideal. It's been said over and over again, but you need to be happy with, in and by yourself - that's what you need to bring to the table. Women are, in my experience, typically much more intuitive than men, and if you think they can't smell the bang of negativity off you..... well, I'd bet my last Euro that you're wrong.

I can guarantee you that I'm not the overwhelming majority of women's cup of tea, but do you know what - I've had enough dates / relationships to know that SOME women enjoyed my company and fancied the hoop off me enough to have relationships lasting years, and have children, and buy houses with. And I know how many of those relationships would have gotten off the ground if my starting position was that all women are selfish and only out to use men - the same number of relationships you're having at the moment.

Take some time out if you need to, readjust your world view - surely there are some women in your life, be it relatives, neighbours, colleagues etc, who you think are decent humans, and who you see in a positive light? - know your strengths, and what you can bring to a relationship..... and then BRING IT.

• Advertisement

I'm trying Bumble but I can't see how I could
    have any luck on that as it's the same as Tinder.
    I'd never meet anyone on that.
    They"ll all just swipe left like they did on
    Tinder.
    It's useless.
    I need to give up this crap.
    I'm going to delete my pof profile in a couple of days
    and will end up deleting my Bumble after
    a week of rejection and nothingness.

OP, What did you expect, swipe a few times and the love of your life appears 5 swipes later?

It can take years to find the right person. The way to negotiate the dissappoinment is to not have huge expectations and work on yourself in a positive way.

OP with the greatest respect you come across a little bitter, which is the worst way to set out your stall. The absolute worst way to respond. As another poster said women can smell negativity a mile off.

Make no mistake getting a good GF is hard, it's not like picking up a bottle of milk at the shop. They're complex human beings with interests, likes and dislikes, wants and dis-wants just like you.

That said, I think you should delete it for a while and come back later as it clear your head is wrecked. Happened to me many times. Best to get rid if it for a bit and keep in mind to work on yourself.

Advertisement