Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After how long with zero success should I delete my pic profile

Options
  • 17-06-2021 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I've been on plenty of fish for many months and have had zero success.
    No views, no conversations, nothing.
    I tried putting up a photo, deleting my photo etc.
    How long with no activity or success whatsoever is long enough to say screw it this is useless it's time to delete this?
    I'm a male by the way so looking for answers from a male perspective.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

POF is crap unless you state that you are tall, handsome and extremely rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jimjangles

FanadMan wrote: »
    POF is crap unless you state that you are tall, handsome and extremely rich.

Ok that would be zero out of three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

jimjangles wrote: »
    Ok that would be zero out of three.

Be creative, say that you're married in your profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

How long with no activity or success whatsoever is long enough to say screw it this is useless it's time to delete this?

Now would be my advice! Get out into the real world, join a club, society, group whatever, expand your social circle* Plenty of Fish?! Plenty of Pish! It's a waste of time....

*Please adhere to government guidelines and maintain a two metre social distance and wear a mask when in crowded areas or indoors. Terms and conditions apply if you do not keep up your payments you may lose your home.

Have you messaged many people?

• Advertisement

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Now would be my advice! Get out into the real world, join a club, society, group whatever, expand your social circle* Plenty of Fish?! Plenty of Pish! It's a waste of time....

*Please adhere to government guidelines and maintain a two metre social distance and wear a mask when in crowded areas or indoors.

I can't I live in a rural area where there's nothing to do unless you're a footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I can't I live in a rural area where there's nothing to do unless you're a footballer.

Macra na Feirme?

Have you land with good drainage? Much road frontage with full planning permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ah that could be a problem alright. Seriously though, been there done that whatever women are on that are constantly being bombarded with messages, even if you are lucky enough to get through they'll likely drop you as soon as some other potential stud comes along. It's all very superficial and false.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Just give up and accept that you're repulsive. It's a relief and you'll be able to get on with your life.

If its getting ya down,pull the plug imo

Hardly worth it like??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Potatopie

Have you tried adding a few more photos. Ladies like to get a good idea of who they are messaging.
    Do you have any info in the bio?
    You need to reel'em in :)

If its getting ya down,pull the plug imo

Hardly worth it like??

Yep probably will

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I'm very rural as well and found most of the dating sites terrible. But did manage to meet someone very nice on Facebook Dating. We first made contact during lockdown and didn't meet till about 4 months later. Think that really did make a difference as we got to know each other via whatsapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Macra na Feirme?

Have you land with good drainage? Much road frontage with full planning permission?
    Two outta three ain't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

3.5 years on them apps. Got nowhere.

Women on there are the worst.

They want BMW, house, 6ft etc.

All they have is some other fellas kid.

You talk for a few weeks and then you realise shes talking to 4 others.

Most on there are on there for a reason. That reason reveals itself pretty quickly.

And you know yourself why you are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Try Tinder or Bumble instead. I had way more success on those sites than on Plenty of Fish. But bear in mind what others have said: women are bad. They want all sorts of unreasonable stuff and it's entirely their fault when I turn out not to be what they're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Have you got a female friend you can send your profile onto so they can give you some pointers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Save your money. Fly somewhere with a good exchange rate. Pick a pricey hotel near the beach and sit at the bar. Better odds.

Just put it to one side, and build your balance.
    Dont even engage in the nonsense that goes on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Get rid of all your pics, delete account and make a fresh new one with all new pics every 3-6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Haven't used apps since 2014. I met my now wife on POF. It used to be an absolute sh*tshow of an app, I probably went on first dates with 30 women I met on it, maybe second dates with 15.

Talked to about 200 women, painful.

• Advertisement

I tried Tinder before and eliminated all the women on it within a few days.
    I got rejected by everyone.
    I don't know anything about Bumble but I doubt it's any use either.
    I'm going to give up.
    There's no decent woman out there for me.
    This is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Try hinge as well. In fact be on a few apps and out the time in, it’s time consuming but worth it. An engaging bio and interesting photos that paint you in your best light will help. It’s amazing how bad some peoples profiles are yet they themselves are attractive physically and mentally. I second the advice to show profile to female friend who is on apps and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

FFVII wrote: »
    3.5 years on them apps. Got nowhere.

Women on there are the worst.

They want BMW, house, 6ft etc.

All they have is some other fellas kid.

You talk for a few weeks and then you realise shes talking to 4 others.

Most on there are on there for a reason. That reason reveals itself pretty quickly.

And you know yourself why you are there.

is requiring a height a thing on these sites? I hope you asked about their weight in response? :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I've known many people who've used pof over the years. Their response is always the same:

Man:
    Joins pof and sends out 200 mails, lucky to get one reply.

Woman:
    Joins pof and within 10 minutes gets a dozen mails.

Pof is all bollocks. If you can manage to swim past all the bs that comes with it, such as people saying they are not looking for sex but they are, the head bangers, the serial daters, the users who just want a free night out etc etc etc. Yes, maybe if you keep trying you can find that special someone and get off the bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

silverharp wrote: »
    is requiring a height a thing on these sites? I hope you asked about their weight in response? :D

I seem to remember Bumble having it as one of the very few bits written on your profile. That app is tailored for women to choose so it's a little different. I'm not sure if it was a thing on PoF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

FanadMan wrote: »
    I'm very rural as well and found most of the dating sites terrible. But did manage to meet someone very nice on Facebook Dating. We first made contact during lockdown and didn't meet till about 4 months later. Think that really did make a difference as we got to know each other via whatsapp.

So......?

Have you thrown her on the bed and drilled right down to the mattress yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Keep the picture. Change your head.

It's going to be the same sh1t no matter what you try anyway.
    Women are selfish and ignorant and lousy and don't care and men flood all these apps.
    Online dating is a con to make fools of ordinary men.
    I give up on it all it's a waste of time.
    I know I'll never find anyone online or offline but I have to just put up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Women are selfish and ignorant and lousy. THIS
    This probably comes across in your texts to women, and the just getting nowhere gets you down.
    I remember an online date, the lady looked like she was ready for a **** date, get it over with and go home, I can see why you'd get like this after few dates now working, we 'd a drink like planned and then she wanted to know could we go for food, think I needed surprise her that we could actually have fun.
    I meet my GF on Tinder, I couldn't get out of my head it's tinder, and can you really get a proper relationship come about off of tinder, but we did.
    Helps I'm in Dublin, I did use to live in Wicklow, I'd save my swipes for Dublin and Swipe away when I was in the city, you do need massage a lot of women to get dates.
    I did feel a bit used by women a bit, saying they wanted a relationship but then were afraid to actually get into one, but then I've GF to show for tinder time and I've had other relationships from online dating.
    Have you tried MEETUP.COM, kinda is an undercover dating app, and you get a decent day out with hikes and stuff, but you might need to drive a bit to meet people.
    You do seem to have a not so great opinion of women, might be worth looking at yourself a little rather than blame online dating women, you can make changes with you, hard to change women online to how you think they should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's going to be the same sh1t no matter what you try anyway.
    Women are selfish and ignorant and lousy and don't care and men flood all these apps.
    Online dating is a con to make fools of ordinary men.
    I give up on it all it's a waste of time.
    I know I'll never find anyone online or offline but I have to just put up with that.

Awful smell of "nice guy Reddit" off this.

Advertisement