Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Murders in the Building - Hulu - Steve Martin & Martin Short

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got through both seasons the night before the finale.

Enjoyed it. Will be watching season 3.

As for Oscar the EP addressed his whereabouts.

Though just completely disappearing seemed strange. Like as soon as they solved the first murder, Mabel finds Bunny, they get arrested, released then Oliver and Mabel split and Mabel meets Alice. So all happened quickly.

Though when that happens I just decide in my head something like how Mabel has met up with him a few times off screen.

I guess that's not a bad get, to have a young up and coming actress like Meryl.

😁

I assume she'll be playing Meryl Streep.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Streep and Martin had good chemistry in It's Complicated

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'll still watch but I'd struggle to name 2 people I like less than Meryl Streep and Paul Rudd.

Hopefully it'll just be like Sting or Amy Schumer in the previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

First two episodes are out.

Episode 1 is pretty good and it appears to be a step up from Series 2 (which I didn't like at all)

Meryl Streep!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah agreed about Season 2. I had rewatched Season 1 but never went back to 2.

Streep and Rudd are very different to Amy and Cara, both in terms of quality of actor and also the character themselves - both of the new characters are much more developed than last season's celeb characters were.

I really liked the scene with Martin Short and the reviewer in the second episode.

I thought the first twist was good but would have preferred it if the actual dead body was someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah hopefully it's a step up, season 2 was poor.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I really enjoyed the 2 episodes so far, I find this series a bit of a tonic for the soul. I don't know if it's the humour, the visuals, the chemistry between the main characters or everything together but there are few shows I look forward to and pay attention to more than this. Having said that, while watching ep 2 I was interrupted with 3 different phone calls so I hope I didn't miss anything important between the pausing and restarting.

Agree that season 2 was never as good as the first, hoping this one will be back to original standards.

Post edited by miamee on

Are we all enjoying this season? I feel the last two episodes haven't been quite up to the usual standard, am I just imagining that? I still enjoy and look forward to it, the story line with Charles and Joy feels a bit repetitive from season 1 and there seems to be less focus on the murder investigation. I think the fact that they paired them all off with someone else for the last episode and they had very little screen time together took away from it. Bring them back together! Charles ad Oliver are hilarious together.

For me it's become the show I get to at some point rather than watch on day of release. Last couple of episodes were watched the weekend after and just watched this week's today.

But yeah the murder seems more like the side story this season that they randomly stumble upon clues for.

Renewed for Season 4

I only started this latest season yesterday and have 5 episodes watched. I do find my mind wandering to other things a lot more than it did during the first 2 seasons. Although that might be because I'm kind of binge watching it as opposed to one a week as I did with the other seasons.

I know they had to change things up a bit after two actual murders in the building, but it feels less cosy than before, like there's too many outside characters getting involved and the main 3 aren't spending as much time together. Maybe that's a deliberate plot point, given Mabel seems to be the only one still 100% invested in the murder element, because she has nothing else going on in her life.

I'm still enjoying it but not as much as before. The theme tune is still great though. Never skip it.

In a recent interview with Deadline, Craig Erwich, who oversees ABC, Freeform and Hulu, confirmed that the New York City-based comedy will relocate to California for at least part of Season 4. And now, our sister site is reporting that Molly Shannon will appear as part of a season-long arc as a “high-powered Los Angeles business woman who finds herself drawn into the world of the investigation in New York.”

Additionally, Meryl Streep will reprise her Season 3 role as Oliver’s girlfriend, Loretta Durkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

I couldn’t make it through season 2 let alone the rest. This should have been a one and done IMHO. Great premise and fun but I don’t think it worked being stretched out

Yeah, I've kind of lost interest at this point. The celeb castings aren't pulling me back in either. The residents in S1 were all more entertaining than Streep, Rudd etc.

It is one of those that will never be as good as the first series but Short and Martin keep me entertained, hopefully they will have more scenes together than they did in S3. I feel like the 3 main characters were very separate in the last series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

I think Eugene Levy will be great on it. I feel like they are overdoing the celebs in it though. Sure we will see - when is it filming?

Eugene Levy will be joining season 4 as a recurring character

Advertisement