Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why not move to Northern Ireland?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Was in Rostrevor myself on Monday, stunning!

nJCmZgZ.jpg

joeysoap wrote: »
    Still mental..

there is such a thing as cross border workers and no double taxation. But I’m not sure on the position if your employer is in one and the actual work is in the other, also fwiw Dundalk house prices are much cheaper than Dublin ( or drogheda). 40 mins to the airport but it’s the next bit that adds the time in rush hour. Surprised more from Dublin haven’t relocated, some have, but not really that many.
    Go to somewhere like Duleek most years around this time. Housing estates full of Dub flags and bunting. Fairly high proportion of homeless/junkies with Dublin accents these days too.
    Dundalk is nice too. You can borrow the price of a red-brick home as a personal loan (nobody would actually do that, I'm just saying house prices are often below 100k, or thereabouts).
    https://www.daft.ie/property-for-sale/dundalk-and-surrounds-louth?salePrice_to=100000

Often or none at all, sure what's the difference?
    Prices especially at the low end have shot up massively. Friend of mine got a place for a shade under 300k last year, by the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised if they could clear 400k on it. 4 bed, desirable area, own plot, all that jazz. New builds are laughable prices (thanks FTB help!). Outside the town itself there's certainly value to be had but in town it's not 5 years ago any more.

Advertisement