Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimecall RTE1

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,499 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could they make the ringtone louder please, I can't exactly hear it 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Someone rang in Crimecall to help the Gardaí with their enquiries and Carla picks up the phone at her table and drops it back down as it was making too much noise. Lovely.

M

There should be a new crime designation where someone steals someones tools they use for work, it's taking away a persons ability to put food on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

They might need to turn the ringer down on that phone!

M

….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Get Real

How?

Imei is a good thing in that if I have my phone stolen and it's a Black Samsung, and I know my IMEI I report it.

Joe burglar/thief who has 100previous convictions is found with ten phones some day. Black Samsung doesn't really prove it's mine. But black Samsung with IMEI that I (and I wouldn't be able to, but some people note them down) provided does.

Other than that, they're not tracked/traced as such. You think there's some CSI database that can be scanned?

If the phone I'm typing on were to be swiped from my hand now, in all honesty, I haven't a clue what the IMEI is.

Even if I did..how does that trace it to anything? Canada goose on bike, swipes it from my hand, sells it for 50quid. How does the imei number have any relevance to proving where it is or who has it after it's stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Not according to the Rules of the Road. The cyclist even said the truck driver done nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,977 ✭✭✭thesandeman

How did they recover the €450 the guy stole but not the thief?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Did they mention anything about rivers searched or anything like that? Newspaper reports are like alluding to something else without saying what it is- all very mysterious - like you I would imagine it’s a likely accident at a river close to a road which no one has yet noticed but I think the guards may have a few other theories

• Advertisement
Advertisement