Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimecall RTE1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Butson

Does it really warrant somebody being plastered all over national tv for robbing a couple of bottles of wine?

All that is going on in the country and thats what they put out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The local knowledge is that the killing was carried out by off duty gardai and a big cover up was made. It's such a miscarriage of justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

At the very end of the pub robbery on the top right, a man in a greenish jersey looking garment seems about to throw something at the escaping robbers. Did he pull back?

Certainly nobody seemed to have followed them out the door.

Why did they bother stealing everybody's phones, then it said they tossed the phones and empty wallets soon after leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Seemed like a fairly foolhardy move against a crowd of lads in the put - could easily have turned into another Browns Restaurant scenario where the hunters become the hunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The cctv in some of these clips is dreadful.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Amazing how they mention things like

“spoke with a hint of a cork accent”

”one of the men spoke with a local accent”

no mention then of words like foreign accent when describing other men, even when they say they spoke to the victim. Surely the entire point of the show is too put as much information in the public domain as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

I'm a cash only man, but the lack of ATMs these days (and the low limits on the generic ones) means when I do withdraw I take out 600- 800 from one of the few left operated by a bank.

Obviously I leave the bulk of it hidden at home if I'm gone out for a drink, but if on a normal evening I ever go the chipper or chinese I leave the bulk of it at home for exactly what happened in this pub- although TBH I've never even heard of it here before, all the customers getting robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Doolittle51

90% of the cctv footage on the show is completely useless. The clips from Aldi/Lidl were awful quality, must use their own stock of cheap electronics for their cctv systems.

I don't understand why shops don't have cameras at eye level on entry/exit points. Those overhead cameras are useless for identifying people, even if the quality is good, the camera angle often means there's no clear shot of the persons face.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes if course it does. Them few bottles of wine add up and if you let people away with a crime then they will do it again for more. It costs us all something when someone robs like this as its a loss to the shop and then prices have to go up so they can survive. Imagine if there was no Roberies at all everything would be so much cheaper but no these selfish people have to try and Rob. I was in Dublin yesterday and seen a thug trying to Rob clothes and wait for it washing powder from Dunnes. The security guards were having none of it and got it back of him but he got away with some clothes. Can't wait to see that one on Crimcall.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Jesus you'd miss Sharon and Greg guffawing away at each other, wondering how quick they'd get out of the place for a sneaky ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Those assault suspects on Grand Parade in Cork should hopefully be identified.

Jeez. I was going to say the years weren't kind to Peter when they showed that image saying he was 36 years old. But said, no, I don't want to be disrespectful to the victim. Then at the end, they say they mistakenly showed a wrong image at the beginning of the segment. Who was the mistaken photo of then? I hope the family get justice. What an awful cross they are bearing.

The mystery man is coming up after the break. A photo, but no name to a man who died.

Those women who robbed the sunglasses weren't very bright. They are nailed on to be identified.

Some of the other footage and descriptions of other suspects tonight has been shocking. There's no identifiable features.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€3k worth taken apparently, some money for a few pairs of sunglasses.

Anyone who pays that money for sunglasses(3K for 5 pairs) are being robbed too. But they do so voluntarily. More money than sense.

M

Under Armour not coming out well tonight 😁

I don't know, that young lad acting the 80110X. P1$$€D, and let off a fire extinguisher in a Galway hotel. Stupid thing to do. But I don't think he needs national embarrassment and possible criminal conviction. A million and one far worse crimes out there. He should be easily identifiable though from that footage.

M

You can't beat the music and build up of the reconstructions.

The suspect said "I'll be back" in relation to that botched Post Office robbery.

Anyone interview Arnold Schwarzenegger? He's known to say this, wear a balaclava and I hear he's in desperate need of money these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

So the only accent allowed to be described on RTÉ is a Dub accent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Tandey

Did they say that was from last May?

What was the hold up?

Couldn't find their glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Looks like it's finally allowed to be shown on the Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭thesandeman

What do the ones with the papers and headphones in the background be doing? It's not answering the phones because their mouths don't be moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

No mention of accents in the post office when they say he told the employee to fill the bag and they’ll be back nor the man in the garage who spoke too the attendant when using the bank card?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Nobody watching tonight?

It is a terribly badly presented show

At least some of the cctv was clear

Post edited by CH3OH on

Excellent CCTV from the Lidls tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The only time that I've seen the Road policing unit..... is on Crimecall

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

The Emer OLoughlin case is a sad story, they seem to be fairly sure the chief suspect absconded and is out there somewhere. Hardly in Ireland though as he couldn’t stay under the radar for that long. Sounds like the gardai slipped up at the time and didn’t keep him under surveillance.

• Advertisement

I'm watching this on RTE +1. That thief in Lidl in Fermoy must be $h1++1ng bricks tonight. And the fella, with the rose tattoo on his hand, should be identifiable too.

The murder of Emer O'Loughlin, I think the pile of clothes of the suspect murderer at the edge of the cliff fort, may have been his last day alive. Not every body is recovered from sea. He could have committed suicide. That's just first thoughts. Maybe he met a violent end on that night as well, and the placed clothes was staged as a false flag.

Advertisement