Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonroosk Abbey, Portlaoise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mariam123_

That sounds good and positive. Cos, the private units seems to be fully ready for snagging. Everything has been fitted as at the last time we spoke with the site manager.

Let us look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MAG2020

Hello.

Quick update

We talked to the foreman today. He said that this week they are doing their snagging, paint touches and cleaning and we should get a call by the end of this week to setup snagging from our side the following one.

Hi everyone,

Just want to let you know that we got a letter saying the completion date, but we got it in the post, not from our solicitor.

We'll be doing snagging next week. I really hope everyone was informed with updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 skamilya

That's good news, anyone else got the letter? I am still waiting for the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Annarie

We got ours in the post today too. Guess the wait is finally over :-) Onwards and upwards :-)

• Advertisement

We got ours today too. So happy the wait is over.

Hello all.

We went to snag the property on Monday (yesterday) and to our surprise (or not) it wasn't ready for snagging, paint wasn't finished, no cleaning done.. Very disappointing experience..

Anyone else went for snagging? Do you have any news on anything?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PanNiGrá

When you say it wasn't ready do you mean they wouldn't let you in to snag with those items as excuses or that you did snag but we're unhappy with the condition? We haven't snagged yet so have no update there.

They let us snag it, but it seemed they were not aware we were coming, although we scheduled this with head office.

For starters, the central heating was not working at all, knobs at wardrobes were missing, we found some cut floor, some windows could not be closed, chipped wood and cracked skirting in many place, there was a person still tiling the main bathroom, the garden was full of concrete and rocks, the whole house was not painted, it was just prepared to be painted, doors weren't closing. We couldn't even close the front door, it just didn't want to stay shut. Amongst many other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mike1999

Hi all does anyone of you know when they have plan to finish ? They keep telling me next week.

• Advertisement

Hi @Mike1999

I have no updates after that so called "completion" letter.

Our solicitors weren't informed in any way that the house is ready and they still get absolutely no answer from builder's solicitor.

If anyone else did snagging, how was it?

Did our snagging on Thursday. Snagger got like 6 pages of what needed to be done. He said the house is not ready yet. He was surprised why we were asked to snag. All the doors inside were not closing, the heating pump was not wrapped, no painting was done, no water in the bathrooms and so on. The list was sent to the site manager by the head office. Hopefully they will finish it soon.

Please any one has an idea of how long the HTB claiming process takes?

Hello all,

Does anyone have any updates on anything? After they sent the letter of completion and we did the valuation and snagging, they are silent again not replying at all.

It's been 10 days since our snagging and I am following up with head office, but I am sure the letter was a maneuver only..

Any reply is appreciated!

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 skamilya

Hi @MAG2020 ,

I spoke with the foreman yesterday, he said they are struggling to get Plumber to fix the gas and then fire the boiler to check the pipework.

Painting patch work are done and they are doing tidying up cables, levelling the floors etc this week.

Might we need to wait another week or so before do a second snag I would say but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Peter Clonroosk

Hi All

I just found your posts now. Let me join in and say hello 😉

I have signed my contract in May '21 and was told the house should be ready in 3 months 🙃

R u part of 110 - 119 houses guys?

Hello @Peter Clonroosk.

Welcome!

We are all from the private houses sold from 110 to 119.

Still pending completion... 😩

I was on site this afternoon and place looked like abandoned city 🥶

BTW I dont know what you were told ,but Susan confirmed that side gates will not be fitted 🤔

(This is not what I was told numerous of times by Matt or Colm)

What do you mean "will not be fitted"? We will have no gates??

This is tragi-comic 😂😂😂😂

Yep, no gates for us 🙃 only for social houses 😅

I don't know if to cry or laugh..

Oh dear.. I hope Susan is wrong...

• Advertisement

I'm afraid she is not :

Hi Piotr,

Hope you had a nice weekend. I talked with our MD and he let me know that side gates will not be fitted. 

Kind regards,

Susan Jenkins

Kingscroft Developments Limited

9 Abbey House

Main Street

Clonee

Co Meath

Tel: +353 1 825 3540

I don't even know how to react to this..

Thank you for sharing, Peter. This was extremely unexpected and highly disappointing...

Guys

I made a group on whats up, will be easier to share informations between us.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/DePBs0MxY8fAspvqPSZX9o

Good morning All.

Please note that link adds you to the group but for security reasons you will not be able to type messages unless you will be re-directed to "approved" one.

We have already 4 members and waiting for more 🙃

Peter

Guys, we are still missing our neighbours from 110, 112, 113 and 118 on whats up group. Can't wait to see all of u there 🫠

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi guys,

I've lived in Clonroosk Abbey since the first stage (16 years ago)

Hope you all got in and look forward to meeting you all

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mike1999

Hi All ☺️ whoever live at 110 number please put your bin next to your wall your bin fell on the ground last night all your rubbish was flying to all our neighbours front gardens please make sure you put next to the wall next time thanks.

Hi @Mike1999, (not 110 here)

We appreciate you message and advice, but we thought you got a house into a different place, because of the long wait. Are we neighbours now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ZN2400

Hi @Mike1999, I saw another bin lying flat the other day. I didn’t moan on the socials. I rang the house and helped them fix the issue.

Coming to your post… Last night was extremely windy. The bin must have fallen flat due to the wind unless someone played naughty. 

Next time you see an issue, ring the house and help people fix the issue instead of posting anonymously on socials.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Advertisement