Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonroosk Abbey, Portlaoise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MAG2020

I'm sorry the calculation turned out this way.. But 2Q2023 can be any date after 31st of March.. (it was 2023, right? 😅)

Let's hope beginning of April.. 😕 Everything is so disappointing, but we'll just have to wait.

Thank you for the updates! Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mariam123_

The whole estate arrangements seems confusing. Please does anyone knows how many houses will be privately owned. Cos it's seems the majority of it belongs to the county council. The agent only told us that the ones that were recently occupied belongs to the the council. That was the one we viewed then as the show house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Abbey_fan

There are 10 private houses: Nos 110 to 119. Construction began on these houses after the 14 houses (which were sold to the housing association (council) back in December ‘22). These houses were the show houses we viewed before paying our deposit to the auctioneer in mid ‘21. Then they started the 12 new council houses and the 6 houses around the corner from the 14 (nos 96 to 109). So supposedly the council houses are being released in 3 phases. Phase 1 (14 houses), then Phase 2 (12 houses) June ‘23 and Phase 3 last 6 council houses ( to be decided). So if this is true, I imagine the 10 private houses will be delivered sometime between June and end of ‘23. As we have not had any official date from the developer, the private houses can be delivered whenever the developer feels like, as they have ignored all requests for a completion date from the start. It’s seems like they are losing money with the private houses and even asked the council for a higher price before closing the sale for the 14 houses. So more than likely this can happen with remaining 2 phases.

Thanks @Abbey_fan. It's so frustrating and annoying for not having a clue of what is going on with the 10 private one. Cos the 10 is not part of the 18 projected for delivery in 2Q. Please any suggestions on the way forward.

It will be 2 years in April that we deposited for this house.

Our lawyer seems not to be interested in contracting the seller' s lawyer. He is only waiting for us to drawdown. It's so sad that we are left in limbo.

Please any suggestions on way forward will be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 skamilya

Hi @mariam123_ , I can understand your frustration. We are all on the same boat. Council house delivery schedule will not match with the private dwelling delivery schedule and Council does not bother whether we get our houses or not. Our solicitor tried multiple times to contact developer solicitor through number of ways ( calls, emails, letters etc) but we are also not hearing anything from them. We deposited on May,21 and contract says within 2 years house will be delivered so technically 2 years completes on May,23 however I am not so optimistic to see this is happening. We really need to explore other options like if we does not get the house on time what are the legal option with us?

Is there any rule to sue the developer for not delivering the house on schedule?

Are there any compensation involve (obviously we want house not money) for delayed delivery?

Any other way to make the developer to deliver the house on time.

I am not so good on legal things and tried to contact solicitor asking what can we do, but the answer was not so satisfactory I would say.

Not much we can do, but usually we can sue the developer for not binding the legal agreement and bring them in the court.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

We talked to the solicitor today. They've been told that it's only electricity left to be powered.

So because it seemed too good to be true, we called the foreman and he said plumbing hadn't started because they have no power yet. It will take at least another 3 weeks (as he said) for valuation and snagging.

How is everyone doing? I was at the site today. Just to see the state of the house. I couldn't go inside as there was a barricade. I didn't see anyone to speak with because they were all busy on the new site and I didn't book appointment with the foreman cos he will still say 2 weeks as usual.

Outside of the house looks as if everything has been completed. Not sure if inside is completed. But outside look so perfectly completed

Work was going on in the new building. It's still on foundation level. Only small area of the land has few blocks. hope they will not want to finish the new one before delivering this? ( Just thinking out loud)

There are still pipes sticking out on the road. So lots of work to do on the road.

It's still very disappointing that no one is available to give us a snagging date. Or any update.

Hopefully we will hear from them one day.

This is a part of the place

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PanNiGrá

They look much the same as they were the last time we were down around the end of February. If those are the last two on the row before the green(?) The wiring in the house on the right's bay window hasn't even moved. Disheartening.

Looks like some plumbing work in progress.

• Advertisement

Seems something good is cooking. I called the the foreman today and he said the plumbing stated yesterday which correlate with the picture @skalmilya posted which shows the plumbing van.

Hopefully they will finish the plumbing work soon. He told me to call him in two weeks time. As usual.

@mariam123_ & @skamilya thank you!

did he say if they will be ready in 2 weeks or just to check back?

He said just to check back to see how far with the plumbing. So I will call him again in two weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 RichRooskey

Hi All,

Looks like the drama that unfolded with housing in Clonroosk abbey might finally be coming to an end but who knows. I pulled out of buying 113 last year after waiting over a year which was full of lies. I purchased a houses within a few months after.

I really hope that this is the final hurdle because it is not fair people waiting so long.

@RichRooskey Good to hear that you are settled with buying another house. I understand that the waiting is very frustrating and discouraging. We are Just still hanging there hoping it will be ready one day.

Please May I ask if you heard anything regarding the completion of clonroosk abbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 RichRooskey

I didn't unfortunately. I have heard nothing since getting my deposit back last year.

Latest update today from builder - mid-May completion.

Hi @MAG2020 ,

Mind if I ask, is the update comes from the Builder Solicitor?

Foreman on site..

How is everyone doing?. Got a bit of relief today as we went to see the house today. Work is ongoing. All radiators, showers, and other plumbing works done. Tilers are on site too. Foreman said electricians will start their work on Monday even though it's bank holiday. He said the 10 private will be delivered before June. He said snagging will be in 2-3 weeks time. Finger 🤞.

But so far there is just little work left.

• Advertisement

Thank you @mariam123_ for the update.

Anybody have any update as the end date is approaching?

I've not heard anything for last 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mike1999

Hi I’m new here I just want to know when are the houses are going to be ready I’ve been on site today I spoke with supervisor he said the 10 private houses are going to be ready in 2 weeks and 14 cluid houses 4 weeks after the private houses will be delivered

Welcome on board@ Mike. The site manager Keep saying two weeks. I hope his 2 weeks will be a reality soon. Very frustrating situation. But we will keep our head in until we get the keys.

Welcome @Mike1999 in this discussion.

Hi @mariam123_ this is not really good news. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I had a chat with my solicitor and the builder solicitor said they are planning to do snagging before June 2023, waiting for electricity connection (not sure how much of this is true).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ZN2400

Welcome @Mike1999 

@mariam123_ Thank you

It says, due to unavailability and shortage of finance, the council houses (the remaining ones from phase 3) have been delayed. I think it is fair news for us because our mortgage applications are ready. The drawdown is going to take minutes. Meaning, the moment the 10 private houses are handed over, the Builder would straight away get the funds for these 10 houses which would hopefully sort out the financial issues, for the other side, if any, to some extent, as noted in this article.

Colin, Colm and Matt are fine people.

I think (and I hope, and fingers crossed) that we get these units soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Annarie

Welcome @Mike1999

I've been hearing the house will be ready to snag in two weeks time since 13/01/2023!!

Let's just wait and see and hope for the best 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mike1999

Hi All I read the comments and it’s doesn’t look good they say only 2 or 3 weeks but 3 weeks gone and nothing happened in my opinion let’s just wait until the end of May and let’s see thanks for all updates 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Annarie

It's all we can do Mike!!

Ya think they would throw in some floors or appliances at this stage, a bit of compensation for our patience *Wishful thinking* 😁 😂😂🙏🙏

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Just got to know through the solicitor, builder is planning to do snagging next week.

Advertisement