Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonroosk Abbey, Portlaoise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MAG2020

Our solicitor said that they will claim it when we start the drawdown process. Not entirely sure of this step to be honest.

I am assuming we'll get a message from revenue once there's movement there.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/documents/htb-summary-contractors.pdf - but doesn't say anything about when this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 15 skamilya

Same here, no claim so far. I had to cancel the old HTB and create a new one as my old mortgage offer expired and I had to go through all the process again. Did created a new claim this January and shared the code through my solicitor but there is no movement at all.

Couple of my friends who bought in some different estate in Dublin, once their contract signed complete vendor solicitor claimed the money. So its really strange for me as well.

We are not aware of having to go again through the HTB process if the mortgage approval expired. That's actually new to me.

We've been told just to wait for the HTB to be claimed, so we didn't touch it at all since we got it first approved, even if we went through another approval for mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PanNiGrá

This is exactly what I was thinking.

@skamilya were you advised by revenue that you'd need to submit a new application?

Honestly it feels like we're stuck on a merry-go-round from hell

• Advertisement

Hi @PanNiGrá ,

My Bank of Ireland representative asked me to do that as they need to issue a new loan offer all together and the loan reference changes.

So I had to include new load offer along with the signed contracts again on HTB portal.

My Bank of Ireland rep said to leave it as is. I don't think either is wrong. When we applied again for mortgage there was nothing mentioned about updating this. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ZN2400

Thanks for your contributions folks

I spoke with my friends who got the first-time mortgage and HTB. They were like there is no notification if and when the HTB claim is actually processed by the builder.

So, I called Revenue (sometime back). They were like we can't provide any info to you on the phone and suggested that I raise an enquiry on the Revenue portal which I did. The response to my enquiry was extremely generic. No affirmation (whether the HTB has been withdrawn or if it's still pending).

It's a merry-go-round as @PanNiGrá said.

Did any of you manage to get any sort of confirmation on the status of the HTB claim directly from Revenue?

Hi @zainjawedkhan

We ddidn't talk to revenue at all. We just have that status in the portal saying "you have a claim pending" and only 2 options, to view or cancel.

So we didn't get any sort of confirmation from revenue.

• Advertisement

Folks,

Hope all is well.

Can I please explore if anyone got any further update(s) on the progress/state of the houses and possible snagging date?

Thanks, Zain

Hi Zain,

Apparently, they are waiting for the gas meters to be installed.. But they also need to install the radiators in some/all of the houses, not sure.. Bathrooms are not done yet, not sure of the stage they are in. I don't know of any estimated completion. Sorry if I didn't help much.

We were up there yesterday and obviously it being a Sunday there was no one around but it looked like the meters might be in now as the doors were closed. No official updates or anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AHY

@zainjawedkhan @PanNiGrá @MAG2020 @Skam

guys I am thinking to buy home in Clonroosk abbey. Today I visit the place and I asked old people those are living in town Portlaoise but unfortunately I didn’t get a good feedback about that place. I heard that area is filled with more Anti-Social and rough behaviour people. The place was nice but the feedback left me with broken heart.

did you guys visited the place and ask for feed back ??? About that place.

Can you guys share you feedback about the place ?

Hello @AHY,

I would gladly answer your question, but we haven't moved in the area yet, so I, personally wouldn't be able to give any feedback at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AHY

A man has appeared in court accused of over two dozen thefts at Portlaoise Mail Centre. 

Oluwaseyi Ogundre, 22, of 51 Clonroosk Abbey, Portlaoise is accused of 29 thefts relating to cash, scratch cards, bank cards, St Vincent de Paul vouchers, Tesco vouchers, a wallet and one for all vouchers at the An Post Mail Centre, Father Brown Avenue, Portlaoise on dates between August 30 and September 12 last year. 

Hi,

Thanks for the tag

I am reasonably fine and happy with the locality. You will find here and there incidents like these nearly everywhere. Have you been to Cloroosk yourself? do a neighbourhood check maybe?

If there is any other way we can help then please let us know.

All the best and kind regards,

Z

By the way, gas meters are still not installed and plumbing is not done. Bathrooms are still to be done, so not sure how long will it take for completion. No official comment on any date.

Not sure if anyone else knows more.

Hi @MAG2020 - I think the gas meters are now in. I will update you and others as I hear more.

Let's keep each other posted. I think that's the best way.

Thanks, Z

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mariam123_

Hello everyone on this platform. Just came across this page. We deposited for one of the houses in clonroosk abbey new estate. I think we are all on the same boat as per the information related to this estate. We are just looking forward to hearing from them one day that the house is ready. I hope we all get good news soon regarding the completion of it.

#waitingforamoveindate

• Advertisement

Hey @mariam123_ , welcome to the group. we are all eagerly waiting for the news that house is ready.

Please drop few lines as an when you got to know something to help others.

Thanks for the welcome message, I will post any update that I have.

Spoke with the site manager. Same stuff as Annarie explained. He said the plumbing work started on Monday. Be looking for 2-3 weeks ( middle of April) before snagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Annarie

Thanks Mariam , I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt , but.... 🙄🙄

Hahhaha. Sorry for laughing, we were told 2 weeks ago that they will start plumbing next Monday.. 2 Mondays passed since.. Tbh, in this rhythm, I don't think they will finish any time soon. And the mortgage approval expires again...

Laois monthly management report is up. Some of the houses in our row are Cluid so they are included in the report. Cluid are being told Q2 delivery.

At this stage I'll believe nothing until I'm snagging but you know yourself, small bits of information help with not being told anything.

Our solicitor was back on to the vendor solicitor this week so I'll update if we hear anything.

I am so confused... I used to check those as well, but I was hoping that the ones that were given in December were the ones, now they are mentioning 18 more houses?? Isn't that like the whole estate?

Yeah, it's confusing and I don't know exactly which houses in the estate are Cluid but when we were on to county councillors last year they said the Cluid houses were in amongst the rows ours are in. When we viewed the Estate Agent also said the specific house we viewed was a council house.

It almost makes sense if Cluid is just generally talking about rows rather than specific houses designated to them e.g. They say 14 units were delivered in December and there are 14 in that row. They say Phase 2 is 6 and there is a section of 6 houses behind the 14. But then say Phase 3 is 12 units but afaik there's only 10 with backs to the football field in Phase 3.

Aren't 12 those built next to ours? The part that was erected "overnight"?

• Advertisement

**** actually that would make sense. Well there goes the small hope I was living off 😂

Advertisement