Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads , sister 51 just got Pfizer there, she was told 3 months to next dose and given an appointment date for august ? That's not right is it ? I thought it was 4 weeks ?

She must have got AZ, not Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Lads , sister 51 just got Pfizer there, she was told 3 months to next dose and given an appointment date for august ? That's not right is it ? I thought it was 4 weeks ?

It is 4 weeks. There is a mixup somewhere. She either got AZ or the wrong date for her second vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

revelman wrote: »
    She must have got AZ, not Pfizer.

Nope 100% Pfizer , has the card and all

Anyone else through limerick get the same today ?

I told her check the portal later and then ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

45 year olds are being invited to register tomorrow. Has there been any talk about when 40-45 will be invited? I thought it would follow directly on Monday but they have been very quiet about this.

I’d say it could be end of next week now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Nope 100% Pfizer , has the card and all

Anyone else through limerick get the same today ?

I told her check the portal later and then ring them

Interestingly i had the pfizer but didn’t get a date for the second. My card just has the date i got jabbed on it. I did mention it to someone and was told i’d get another text when due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Interestingly i had the pfizer but didn’t get a date for the second. My card just has the date i got jabbed on it. I did mention it to someone and was told i’d get another text when due.

Ya, I got that too. Got first dose today (through GP referral for cohort 7) and was told GP would contact me on the second dose.

As far as I know they're moving to a new referral system so hoping that doesn't hold up getting the second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

km79 wrote: »
    I’d say it could be end of next week now tbh

Yeah, I’d say muddle if next week, maybe announced Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

archfi wrote: »
    I had to text 'New' on my original 1st appt for Tuesday last.

I texted 'New' late Monday evening and had new appointment texted to me on Wednesday for Friday just gone - Citywest
    By the way, Citywest is very, very efficient on the day itself.

Good to know that they are quick. My friend is due for his second AZ dose and wants to get it asap so hopefully will get another appointment in next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

45 year olds are being invited to register tomorrow. Has there been any talk about when 40-45 will be invited? I thought it would follow directly on Monday but they have been very quiet about this.

BTW, do I need to be 45 already, or it's OK if I turn 45 in 2 months?
    Not sure if they check the date or birth or just the year of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

xboxdad wrote: »
    BTW, do I need to be 45 already, or it's OK if I turn 45 in 2 months?
    Not sure if they check the date or birth or just the year of birth.

Year to register so you are in luck
    1976 is the cut off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

When Tony says that NPHET are 'genuinely concerned' about the Indian variant, does that mean that when they were simply 'concerned' before now, that it wasn't genuine?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0521/1223091-covid-figures-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭eoinbn

https://twitter.com/jorisvaesen/status/1396072474673090565?s=19

Google translate
    "As of July, Moderna will be delivering 100,000 doses per week and it is likely that Pfizer's weekly deliveries will also increase in July. No clarity yet about the batch from J&J that is undergoing a quality control (already 2 to 3 weeks) by the FDA in collaboration with the EMA"

Small increase in Moderna in July - 43k for us. He expects an increase in Pfizer in July but doesn't know how much. I would take that with a pinch of salt as his current figures for Pfizer aren't correct, at least for Ireland.

AZ delivery was light. 65k vs the projected 85k. That is 28k Vs 37k for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭JPup

dan786 wrote: »
    Good to know that they are quick. My friend is due for his second AZ dose and wants to get it asap so hopefully will get another appointment in next few days.

If he was to show up at citywest and explain the situation it’s unlikely he’d be turned away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

The in-the-know Belgians are at it again. Biggest J&J delivery so far expected next week. 84,000 for Belgium would be about 36,000 for Ireland.
    Record number of vaccines expected next week: largest delivery of Johnson & Johnson to date

Next week, our country expects a record number of vaccines. This is partly due to the largest delivery from Johnson & Johnson to date. 84,000 doses of that vaccine would be delivered, the FPS Public Health said on Twitter this morning.

To date, 142,800 doses of Johnson & Johnson's vaccine have been delivered: 36,000 in the week of April 12, 30,000 in the week of April 26, 36,000 in the week of May 10, and 40,800 in the week of May 17. The latter were delivered yesterday. It is not yet clear about the further deliveries, the spokesman for Janssen Pharmaceutica - the Belgian subsidiary of the American pharmaceutical giant - told HLN yesterday . However, 1.4 million vaccines are expected from Johnson & Johnson throughout the second quarter (April - June).

This has to do with the problems Johnson & Johnson had to deal with a few weeks ago in a factory in the United States. Components of the vaccine then became mixed with those of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which is also produced there. Due to extra quality controls, production has now come to a standstill and no vaccines are released, not even for export. Europe now only receives a limited number of vaccines from the Johnson & Johnson factory in the Netherlands.

Record
    Due to the extra delivery next week, the number of expected vaccines in the week of May 24 will increase to 898,670. Never before have there been so many in a week. Earlier it was announced that Pfizer would deliver 363,870 doses next week, Moderna 76,800 and AstraZeneca 374,000. The previous record dates from the week of April 26, when 865,830 doses were delivered

Unlike other vaccines already approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for emergency use, only one injection of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is required. That gives it an advantage over that of Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca. A slow delivery could jeopardize the goal of the Flemish government to give every adult who wishes at least a first injection by 11 July.

Dip
    When it comes to the administration of vaccines, a dip is expected again next week. In Flanders, after the current record week, 'only' around 350,000 corona vaccines would be put in. It would be a temporary dip in the vaccination campaign, which should then fully reach cruising speed.

https://www.hln.be/binnenland/volgende-week-recordaantal-vaccins-verwacht-grootste-levering-johnson-en-johnson-tot-nu-toe~a393d90e/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The in-the-know Belgians are at it again. Biggest J&J delivery so far expected next week. 84,000 for Belgium would be about 36,000 for Ireland.

That would put our total delivery of J&J at 97,524.
    Going by the vaccine appointment thread, they certainly appear to be getting through J&J!

God I miss the daily updates on the vaccine rollout.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Vaccinated this morning. Cohort 7. Got a PFO from my own GP who said they were doing no-one after cohort 4. Got a bit of luck in that there was another GP I went to just once in the Summer for the same condition and he very kindly rang me and invited me in, as I was on his books. The GP who runs the clinic was working today and had one nurse also there. Both vaccinating lots of people and in fairness they seem like a very well run clinic.

Also, I contacted my consultant, whose secretary said they would also arrange a vaccination for me if something fell through.

My advise to anyone having difficulty in cohort 7 because their own GP let them down, if you have a consultant ring them first. Otherwise ring other GP practices. Or hold out for HSE to get you on your age base.

My advise to government. Get everyone online and administer by the cohorts better when we need booster shots in the winter or next year. People could self declare what cohort they and this could be randomly checked by a phone call to their GP.

My own GP did say they would forward my details onto HSE but I heard nothing via this channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Any idea when the next age range opens? I’m just noticing articles about the underwhelming deliveries of J&J, so I’m assuming we’re looking at momentum slowing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Frankmcll102

Got my first dose of Pfizer here in London (thrilled :)). Second dose appointment is in 12 weeks. I'm moving back to Ireland over the summer. Does anyone know if I can get my second dose back home (once I'm eligible there)? I can travel back here for it if needs be, but would prefer not to. Though I'm wondering if it would cause a major headache being on two vax systems and not fully vaccinated on either?

Just curious, I’m in my 30s and have a history of “essential hypertension” (high blood pressure without an explanation.) So I’ve been on medication for it since my 20s (an Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker (ARB)

Should I have been in a higher risk category? Or, is that regarded as fine as it’s managed?

I’ve just been waiting for my age range to be called for mass vaccination centre. So I’m guessing July sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

km79 wrote: »
    Year to register so you are in luck
    1976 is the cut off

Where did you read that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭JPup

Just curious, I’m in my 30s and have a history of “essential hypertension” (high blood pressure without an explanation.) So I’ve been on medication for it since my 20s (an Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker (ARB)

Should I have been in a higher risk category? Or, is that regarded as fine as it’s managed?

I’ve just been waiting for my age range to be called for mass vaccination centre. So I’m guessing July sometime.

Could be June if you’re closer to 40 than 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Got my first dose of Pfizer here in London (thrilled ). Second dose appointment is in 12 weeks. I'm moving back to Ireland over the summer. Does anyone know if I can get my second dose back home (once I'm eligible there)? I can travel back here for it if needs be, but would prefer not to. Though I'm wondering if it would cause a major headache being on two vax systems and not fully vaccinated on either?

Wow 12 weeks? Are you sure you didn't get AZ?

Pfizer is 4 weeks between jabs here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

A question for your gp I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Hardyn wrote: »
    That article is inaccurate and seems to be based on a mistranslation of what the BioNTech chief said (fact checking, what's that?) . He was speaking of the cuff and gave a rough number. He did not say "up to".

75% is the efficacy shown against B.1.351. B.1.617.2 doesn't show the same loss in neutralization so is likely to have a much lower drop in efficacy.

https://twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1395795155706335234?s=19

You're completely right, I read the same article then had the word "efficacious" stuck in my head :) The drop in attacking antibodies does not necessarily effect the efficacy and the drop is less than B.1.351 which bodes well.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Wow 12 weeks? Are you sure you didn't get AZ?

Pfizer is 4 weeks between jabs here in Ireland

They went off label in the UK and extended the timing between mRNA jabs, contrary to the manufacturers’ recommendations, but with approval of their own regulatory agencies. The aim was to get more first doses done.

Probes wrote: »
    A question for your gp I think.

At this stage, it’ll probably make no difference if it’s June sometime. If it’s going to be July / August I’ll ask more questions.

I’m not planning to put myself in harm’s way until I’m vaccinated. Just keeping a low profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Get on to your GP asap .If you go to a consultant get on to them if you're not happy with answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Frankmcll102

They went off label in the UK and extended the timing between mRNA jabs, contrary to the manufacturers’ recommendations, but with approval of their own regulatory agencies. The aim was to get more first doses done.

Thanks - I double checked with the vaccinator about the gap and she said it's 12 weeks here regardless of which vaccine you get. As I said not a massive deal getting the second dose here, but if HSE is setup to recognise a first dose from the NHS I'll get it at home once I'm eligible - if anyone has done spoken with HSE about this would be great to know the approach.

Get on to your GP asap .If you go to a consultant get on to them if you're not happy with answer.

It’s consultant prescribed but I haven’t been to the consultant in a long long time. One of those things you just keep managing via the GP.

I’ve no underlying cardiac issues (at least that they could fine), I don’t smoke (never did), my diet isn’t a cause - practically veggie, get plenty of exercise, not over weight, yet without meds my BP will wander up to 190/110.

With the ARBs, zero issues and it stays low. No side effects at all, so pretty simple.

I’m guessing I’m probably grand, but if it’s just a few weeks away at this stage it’s neither here nor there. It would have made more difference if it was prioritised months ago and work wise, I’m at zero risk as it’s all in a home bubble and I take a cautious approach to avoiding getting it. I’m not living in a hermetically sealed bubble, but I am just not putting myself into risky situations, as tempting as it would be to hang out and have a few drinks, I’m just chilling and doing my own thing.

• Advertisement

Thanks - I double checked with the vaccinator about the gap and she said it's 12 weeks here regardless of which vaccine you get. As I said not a massive deal getting the second dose here, but if HSE is setup to recognise a first dose from the NHS I'll get it at home once I'm eligible - if anyone has done spoken with HSE about this would be great to know the approach.

Maybe ring the HSE Live number and ask or ask a GP here?

Within Ireland: 1850 24 1850
    From abroad: +353 1 240 8787

They may have something to facilitate the booster dose based on previous one from the UK.

Advertisement