Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,023 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jota is set to drop tonight and Greenwood going to rise too. Is 0.1m the only increment they can move in a single day or can it be 0.2 if there is enough transactions?
    Its only ever been 0.1 per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭macraignil

Bringing in Pereira of West Brom for Bertrand Traore. Seen him get some nice goals over the season so seems a good idea to have him in my team for at least a couple of games. Better late than never as the saying goes. Was going to bring in Saint-Maximin but Sheffield played well against Everton and might not be such a good team to target now and ASM has gone a few games without an attacking return in spite of playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I suppose the question is, at 15 clear in a ML with all chasing rivals having TAA, should I take the -4 now and do Jota to Harrison/Raph and Digne to TAA? The shield pick. Otherwise if I'm clear I will probably do it for the final week but I could be priced down to Willock.

What I am trying to get my head around is rolling the transfer, if I roll it, I replace Jota next week anyway and possibly take a -4 to do DCL and Digne transfers. So surely it makes more sense to just do it now and get 2 games out of the players? What ye think ? I can survive the Jota and Taa price moves tonight so I'll hang tight until deadline.

CSF wrote: »
    Jota situation puts me in a bit of a conundrum.

Was planning on banking the transfer this week (even in doing so I'd have been benching Holding against Palace and Reguillon against Villa as my defenders all seem to have great games this week but less good on the final day).

Jota being out for both games means that he will become one of my remaining transfers out where previously I'd have kept him for Burnley and Palace and taken the risk that he didn't start both.

Now I've a few options
    1) Go directly Jota to Greenwood this week. Have a really nice fixture this week, but probably not have him available next week (I've Shaw and Fernandes in my team too so it is fairly questionable whether I can actually justify that lack of depth on the last day). However, the flip side is that if Greenwood scores a double digit haul this week, my depth next week becomes alot less consequential since I already have points in the bag

2) Go directly from Jota to Raphinha. I think Raphinha is class and while his fixture isn't as good as Greenwood's this week, I'm fairly confident he will start both remaining games and have a pretty decent chance of returns in each games. It would leave me enough money to bring in Trent for the last day aswell (not including Trent in my wildcard and having Jota as my 3rd Liverpool guy has fairly battered me with Trent having taken a goal, a clean sheet and 4 assists in that time as compared to Jota's solitary goal.

3) Bring both Raphinha and Trent in this week for a -4. Obviously it costs me 4 points and I'd have to bench Lingard or Nat Phillips if I do it (probably the former) but the positives are that Trent appears to have real potential to pay back the 4 points in any gameweek with change, but it also gives me a free transfer for GW38 that I could hopefully get some additional points with (DCL out might be a nice move)

4) Bank the transfer, play Reguillon and move Jota and someone else on next week with a GW38 specific transfer with more information available to me, knowing I've quite a bit of depth available to me already this week

Seriously hope I haven't made this post too long for me to get some actual responses!!!

In a very similar conundrum as I've mentioned in my post. It's the weigh up of the benefits, either way Jota has to go and might as well get 2 games out of his replacement, but you set me thinking on TAA as I'm being chased by many TAA owners. One goal for TAA could be an issue. Realistically I suppose, if the hit doesn't pay off it doesn't really matter, transfer has basically cost 2 and noone else benefits either, don't do it and another haul for him becomes more costly.

Honestly not a fan of the hit, I'd be very reluctant normally but I'm thinking of it now. FWIW I don't think Trent will score well this week, I think the final game he will do very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Pondering over two routes
    Digne to TAA
    Jota to Wilock

Or

Digne to Shaw
    Jota to Greenwood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Pondering over two routes
    Digne to TAA
    Jota to Wilock

Or

Digne to Shaw
    Jota to Greenwood
    First one as its unlikely Shaw and Greenwood start both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I suppose the question is, at 15 clear in a ML with all chasing rivals having TAA, should I take the -4 now and do Jota to Harrison/Raph and Digne to TAA? The shield pick. Otherwise if I'm clear I will probably do it for the final week but I could be priced down to Willock.

What I am trying to get my head around is rolling the transfer, if I roll it, I replace Jota next week anyway and possibly take a -4 to do DCL and Digne transfers. So surely it makes more sense to just do it now and get 2 games out of the players? What ye think ? I can survive the Jota and Taa price moves tonight so I'll hang tight until deadline.

Get the blockers in now, as you said you'll take the minus 4 next week so get it done now. TAA and Raph in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Did Jota to son and putting the captain's armband on son, looking at his most recent scores, his home games often result in points.... He is unlikely to get more than one goal but he should get some returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Son plying less forward with bale in the team I wouldnt captain him

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Guys why are ye discussing captains in the transfers thread?

There is a captain thread for that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Need some big differentials for the next two GW's to try claw back a 40 point lead in ML, Anyone think Havertz will start both games for Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I'd imagine he'll start against Leicester but if they win that he'll probably be rested for the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Aguero not fit for GW37 but this throws doubt on his ability to start in GW38 also.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1394554926727147522

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is anyone considering F.Torres as a Jota replacement?

I swore I would go near City again this season but need to claw back points I've lost in the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is anyone considering F.Torres as a Jota replacement?

I swore I would go near City again this season but need to claw back points I've lost in the last 2 weeks.

One of the most popular transfers in, but will start both games and how much will city be interested considering they have champs league final to not be injured for.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

bantee wrote: »
    Exact money for Jota to Torres, hmmm, or could go with Harrison or Raphinha

This is what I'm likely to go with. 19 points off in money league so possible captain choice for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Have fallen 27 points behind ML leader.

He'll captain Salah so I'll have to go Kane again.

In terms of transfers, even though I can see it biting me, I just need to get Havertz out of my team.
    I'm fairly set on Havertz to Foden

That frees up funds to either go
    Reguilon to TAA
    OR
    Woods/Watkins to Cavani

He has TAA and I know it's a huge risk going without but I think I need to gamble on Cavani... Fulham at home, in front of fans for the first time... I also think Reguilon is due a haul and it might come against Villa.

Edging towards Cavani... can anyone convince me of another striker (8.6 or less) or going down the TAA route.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Any word if Jack Butland is starting again this GW?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Any word if Jack Butland is starting again this GW?
    Found this from Colm Hayes on Twitter who does great work in terms of compiling information. It isn't 100% decisive either way but sounds to me like Guaita plays

Hodgson post-match on benching Guaita: "...he deserves to be brought back into the team. "[Butland was] good, very good. He made one wonder save, I think it was from an offside situation but he made a wonder save."

Found this from Colm Hayes on Twitter who does great work in terms of compiling information. It isn't 100% decisive either way but sounds to me like Guaita plays

Hodgson post-match on benching Guaita: "...he deserves to be brought back into the team. "[Butland was] good, very good. He made one wonder save, I think it was from an offside situation but he made a wonder save."

I see Hodgson is stepping down from the palace roll at end of season, will the lads work extra hard now in next two games to go out with a bang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im on the fence whether to get Trent in now or not. Looks like it would mean selling Son to do it. Im protecting a 40 point lead against a rival who has Trent and he still has a bench boost chip. The fear is the BB goes well for 15-20 points and then he captains Trent on the final day of the season. If Trent were to score and assist it would do a fair amount of damage to my lead.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I see Hodgson is stepping down from the palace roll at end of season, will the lads work extra hard now in next two games to go out with a bang.

Could very easily go the other way with a malaise kicking in, I wouldn’t try too hard to second guess that

At the moment, I’m on a conundrum of benching 1 from these 4: Shaw, Phillips, Digne, Lingard. It’s not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Could very easily go the other way with a malaise kicking in, I wouldn’t try too hard to second guess that

At the moment, I’m on a conundrum of benching 1 from these 4: Shaw, Phillips, Digne, Lingard. It’s not easy.

Philips for me. You have to play Shaw & Digne.

Am now thinking of Dias to TAA and Jota to Willock. 0.1 off doing Harrison or Raphinha that way. Is it a bit foolish to sell Digne before wolves? Especially when a rival has him Digne as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Do I sell Aguero for Cavani, only to feel compelled to buy him back at the weekend?

Or play Smith-Rowe and roll the transfer?

One is somewhat more sexy and convoluted than the other admittedly...

Do I sell Aguero for Cavani, only to feel compelled to buy him back at the weekend?

Or play Smith-Rowe and roll the transfer?

One is somewhat more sexy and convoluted than the other admittedly...

Smith-Rowe isn’t a bad shout this week, but the bigger issue is Aguero’s fitness.

TAA has played 7 times Vs Burnley for Liverpool. No goals or assists and one clean sheet in that time....

EDIT: Taken from transfermarkt.co.uk but appears it maybe wrong.

Smith-Rowe isn’t a bad shout this week, but the bigger issue is Aguero’s fitness.

He's suppose to have a leg injury and will miss the game tonight -
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57149584

Phillips has looked very dangerous when going forward for corners, so i would be playing him for that reason alone - he must have had 3/4 attempts in the last game alone, even in the last minute you see the cross towards him and Allison.

United have 1 CS in 7 games, but Shaw does look like one of their better players.

Lingard has gone off the boil but west ham and him personally still have stuff to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    TAA has played 7 times Vs Burnley for Liverpool. No goals or assists and one clean sheet in that time....

Did he not score there and get a CS last season? In a 3-0 win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any love for ASM as a Jota replacement? SHU and ful as last 2 games

Advertisement