Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 36 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Good man Ollie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Every time I see there's a Palace goal I think "surely Zaha is involved this time". It's the hope that kills you

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But for players leaving clubs they would get game time - Aguero for instance, or more annoying for some - maybe Tom Heaton gets a run out for Villa - depends how Dean Smith feels about that i suppose.

Does Mendy play or Kepa?
    Forester or McCarthy
    Butland or Guarita
    Henderson or De Gea
    Pope or Peacock - Farrell

That 5/6 keeper spots that hard to call - all of which are annoying if leagues are tight.

Mendy both games surely, unless Top4 is wrapped up by GW38.
    Game each for the Southampton keepers, but this has been an annoyance for a while and isn't really to do with the end of the season.
    I think today is Butlands thank you, Guita back for the last two.
    DH or DDG - doubt many have either. But for fun I'll say DH both.
    Peacock-Farrell was just an injury thing so again not related to end of season messing. But Pope 100% plays if fit.

Interesting to see how few I get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,448 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

El Ghazi good man 1.7% EO, now that's a differential :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Very pleased to see high ownership Martinez go off the boil. I haven’t had him all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,665 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mendy both games surely, unless Top4 is wrapped up by GW38.
    Game each for the Southampton keepers, but this has been an annoyance for a while and isn't really to do with the end of the season.
    I think today is Butlands thank you, Guita back for the last two.
    DH or DDG - doubt many have either. But for fun I'll say DH both.
    Peacock-Farrell was just an injury thing so again not related to end of season messing. But Pope 100% plays if fit.

Interesting to see how few I get right.

While some of them aren't end of season related, it still impacts you for the last game if you have any of them going in with uncertainty. Last thing you want protecting a lead or chasing is for Bruno/Shaw/Greenwood all rested, and then if you have a Ederson/Hednerson/Forester/Mendy/Guita/Pope/McCarthy - making sure you have a playing keeper - and that's before trying to decide if you keep Dias (cause he's a cert to never be dropped:rolleyes:) etc.

If you knew for instance last game of Season KdB was going to play - you'd probably do Bruno out for him, but again who knows what City team will play significant minutes. So for those with Bruno who have to assume he won't start - who do you bring in? Probbaly more for the transfer thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Martinez has a save point btw

Bale, Son, Kane all start.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,448 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Very pleased to see high ownership Martinez go off the boil. I haven’t had him all season.

He got 10 points in his last game, I'll take that from my off the boil keeper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,233 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Lineups #TOTWOL

Spurs — Lloris(C); Tanganga, Dier, Alderweireld, Reguilón; Lo Celso, Højbjerg; Bale, Alli, Son; Kane.

Wolves — Rui Patrício; Nélson Semedo, Coady(C), Saïss, Hoever; João Moutinho, Dendoncker; Gibbs-White, Vitinha, Traoré; Fábio Silva. https://t.co/LJprnnnJMV

• Advertisement

Is semedo going left back for wolves?

Villa have been awful. Be very surprised if Palace don't score another

• Registered Users Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ouch !! .... I would consider myself to have an active team and I'm sitting around 1.2million (have just been unlucky and made poor choices throughout the season)

I would say most teams around the 500k mark and upwards are templatey and captain choices or random gambles that work out are the only way to make gains....but what do I know.... I languish in the shadows.

I was treading the million and 2 million mark for what seemed like ages until around gw 23. So I feel your pain. It was only a BB gw24 FH gw25 and WC 29 that managed to make me make some ground. Before I started treading fpl water again. The season has been a really odd one in fairness. If people used their chips at the 'right' times in unforeseen circumstances people really jumped up in ranking.

A lot of it is my own fault though I had certain amount of stubborness Brewster is the main example of this.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

siblers wrote: »
    Villa have been awful. Be very surprised if Palace don't score another

What annoys me is that the fella who I had most of the start of the season rotting on my bench - Mitchell is finally fit playing and getting fpl points. Long after I had forgotten about him.

I think that for the home teams we might see a strong enough XI, purely because it'll be their only home games in front of fans all season. So managers more likely to give the regulars a chance to be seen by the fans, rather than moving some randomer up from the squad depths.

Good point did not think of the fans aspect. Allows the players to clap the fans when they walk of the pitch - see you next season type thing.

Oh Martinez save point I noticed the fella is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,233 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

McGinn yellow and Grealish on for Traore

Ward booked

Watkins misses great chance. Was offside anyway

Zaha goal

Might be Mohamady og

• Advertisement

Zaha goal

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

siblers wrote: »
    Ward booked

Nice 0 pointer FFS

Mohamady turned his back as Zaha shot. Awful defending

Really frustrating. Been trying to tie up a head to head league for a few weeks. Played the bottom guy and lost and playing him again this week, who has suddenly become active again. Played his wildcard last time when he beat me. Free hit this week. He had guatia with meslier on bench and he also has fcuking Zaha. Pain in my hole at this stage over him.

Eze shot comes back off the cross bar

Mitchell goal (eze)

Mitchell goal - (of course), Ezs assist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

First sub

Picked Ward over Mitchell, as Mitchell wasn't guaranteed to play.

Over last 2 GW's:

Ward 6 points
    Mitchell 20 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mitchell ya legend, first time ever starting him!!

Advertisement