Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 36 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Nice to see Benrahma scoring. I was one of the 70 people to bring him in for this GW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dunno why I bothered taking a hit on Antonio. The second time he's burned me this season because I foolishly took notice of so many jumping on him.

Won't happen again least not with him ha.

He has two games left. Assuming the hit wasn't just for this week. It was never going to be a high scoring game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lingard and Antonio were quite poor but Brighton didn't really give them a sniff. Lingard looked like he was knackered for most of the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

0 (-4) going into tomorrow, nearly a 3K red arrow. Have two points off the bench, but fairly sure it's the first time ever going into final day of a gameweek on minus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

He's put some breathing space between us in the couple of Boards leagues we're battling.

Gonna be really hard to come back from that considering I had Coufal as well.

Fair play on the Welbeck punt, he's come in clutch for you the last few gameweeks.

It's going to the wire that's for sure. Seriously had to restrain myself on Mahrez for Fernandes this week. Would have been a big mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Debated between transferring in Harrison this week or bringing back in Lingard for his run home. No prizes for guessing who I got

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

He has two games left. Assuming the hit wasn't just for this week. It was never going to be a high scoring game.

Depends how Watkins does on how it will really affect me i guess!

It was him or Bamford and he doesnt seem to be getting full games lately so will just have to see how the rest of the week goes.

25 (-8). I’ve been having my best spell of the season the last few weeks, but at circa 380k currently, I’ve left myself a bit too much work to do get where I had targeted to be. Still, I’ll keep going to see how high I can finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Brighton have been solid but it's another disappointing display from West Ham. Might ship Lingard next week.

Yeah I might do the same. Though from what I saw of the game Lingard had a couple of good crosses into the box and would have had an assist had Antonio been more clinical, he wasnt on it tonight. I just brought in Antonio this week and am kind of regretting it already, I had thought with Dunk and Veltman out he could make hay but he didnt impact the game at all.

I got killed today by a rival who had both Harrison and JWP, 22 points from the pair of them while Ive got 12 points from 4 players. Really need Son and Kane to fire against Wolves and captain Salah to score to save this gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

3 very popular transfer options all blanking today, Bamford, Ings and Antonio.

I already had Bamford never considered Antonio.
    I wanted to get Ings but could not afford him so thought what about Adams - looked at the previous match so he had the form as well. Looked obvious.
    Suppose there is a lesson in that - ignore price if possible when making decisions.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

25 (-8). I’ve been having my best spell of the season the last few weeks, but at circa 380k currently, I’ve left myself a bit too much work to do get where I had targeted to be. Still, I’ll keep going to see how high I can finish!

I am trying to break the 400k all seems very tight in or around 300k - 500k ish.
    Seems to be the' middle ground' of active teams - oddly competitive and hard to get out of.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I am trying to break the 400k all seems very tight in or around 300k - 500k ish.
    Seems to be the' middle ground' of active teams - oddly competitive and hard to get out of.

Yeah. LiveFPL tells me I’m 19 points off 300k - I’d say it could be hard for me to get much higher! Best of luck to you in breaking the 400k!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Ouch !! .... I would consider myself to have an active team and I'm sitting around 1.2million (have just been unlucky and made poor choices throughout the season)

I would say most teams around the 500k mark and upwards are templatey and captain choices or random gambles that work out are the only way to make gains....but what do I know.... I languish in the shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

4 (-4) from 3. Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Guaita benched - sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Guaita benched - sigh

Didn't even realise Butland was with Palace. Might be a few goals in this for Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Guaita benched - sigh

Sickner isnt it? I am planning to bb next week and a chunk of the certs to play i brought in on Wc last week are now not playing meaning BB will be a waste. Disaster really and im neck and neck in all my leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

The great Wilfried Zaha redemption story starts here!

With so many teams with nothing to play for, i wonder will we see more rotation in the coming games. Butland getting a run out today - does he play the next two GW's?

Do united put out a team on last day of season similar to that against Leicester if 2nd place is wrapped up?
    What sort of team will City put out etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

With so many teams with nothing to play for, i wonder will we see more rotation in the coming games. Butland getting a run out today - does he play the next two GW's?

Do united put out a team on last day of season similar to that against Leicester if 2nd place is wrapped up?

I think that for the home teams we might see a strong enough XI, purely because it'll be their only home games in front of fans all season. So managers more likely to give the regulars a chance to be seen by the fans, rather than moving some randomer up from the squad depths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

This is why I removed Bruno... Feel like he has to get a rest somewhere as he's played most minutes... May backfire but I've been on the wrong end of many of his blanks so I'm happy to take the chance.

McGinn goal (no assist)

I think that for the home teams we might see a strong enough XI, purely because it'll be their only home games in front of fans all season. So managers more likely to give the regulars a chance to be seen by the fans, rather than moving some randomer up from the squad depths.

But for players leaving clubs they would get game time - Aguero for instance, or more annoying for some - maybe Tom Heaton gets a run out for Villa - depends how Dean Smith feels about that i suppose.

Does Mendy play or Kepa?
    Forester or McCarthy
    Butland or Guarita
    Henderson or De Gea
    Pope or Peacock - Farrell

That 5/6 keeper spots that hard to call - all of which are annoying if leagues are tight.

Hodgson: "Jack Butland, we wanted to make certain he got a game, at least, before the end of the season. So Vicente (Guaita) stepped aside for him."

Doesn't really clear things up but it sounds like it might just be for the one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I reckon it’ll be a strong United side on Tuesday but Ole will put out even more of a reserve side on the last day than he did against Leicester as the europa final in 3 days later.

Tekkers goal (Mitchell)

Tekkers got 3 goals in a row now - rolling back the years in last few weeks - 9th goal this season

Double cleanie gone

*switches off*

El Ghazi goal (Watkins)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Tekkers he’s done it again! Great signing for me 3gws ago. Makes up a little for not having Nacho for his run.

Advertisement