Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

For the sake of annoying a few low iq heads in here I’ve acquired an additional 2,000,000 sats at approx $32,800.

Saylors average buy in about to get tested it would seem. Some man for one man though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

For the sake of annoying a few low iq heads in here I’ve acquired an additional 2,000,000 sats at approx $32,800.

No big deal, but when expressing the acquired quantity in satoshi, it would be more logical to express the cost per unit based on satoshi as well.

The way you write it, one number (the acquired quantity) is explicitly denominated in satoshi and the other number (the cost per unit) is denominated in bitcoin without clearly specifying it. Of course someone who is familiar with this space gets it, but I can get how it is confusing for someone who isn't as familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Some of us bought BTC when it was $100 in 2013, bought in the depths of 2015, bought when it dropped 90% in 2018. If people want to buy on either side of the peak of an insane bull, okay, but expand any graph from the past and those are the worst times to buy in terms of maximizing profitability. With a small amount of patience/brain it's been possible to make 10x or 20x in this instead of DCA'ing to scrabble after 2x or 3x.

Of course there may never be another deep bear, but in that same vein there are no guarantees of another bigger bull.

One thing is for certain, when this forum goes dead, and the moonboys are no longer giving DCA updates because they are so deep in the red - that is always the best time to buy

Yes - no-one can guarantee there will be another bull run. But if one thinks a bull run is coming, now is a good time to accumulate.

Maybe there'll be a sudden "second" bull run and buck all the trends

Either way, just open up the long term chart for e.g. Ethereum
    https://www.livecoinwatch.com/price/Ethereum-ETH

Note how incredibly similar it is when compared to the last bull. It's like a mirror. Also note how the best time to buy is on the long flat of the bear runs and nowhere near either bull run.

The past isn't an indication of the future, but in a market that is largely based on herd psychology, the past sure does repeat itself a lot, to the point that many predicted this latest bull run (approx. 3.5 years after the last, which was 3.5 after the previous)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Is this Dogecoin any good at all?

Piehead wrote: »

Yeah its class

Piehead wrote: »

Like most crypto it doesn't do jack ****, but it caught a string a nice luck. First of all it got a TikTok pump, kids buying it. Then while generally doing well during this bull run it started to pump right at the same time the world was learning about Gamestop and Wall Street Bets, then Elon was tweeting about it. When a crypto gets enough "publicity" that your mother is asking about it, it doesn't need to do anything or have any fundamentals, it will just go stratospheric. Cycles of FOMO.

If there's a bear run and it drops 80% or so, then might not be a bad one to pick up when no one's talking about any of this stuff. In a future run, due to all that previous publicity, and how easy it is to buy (it's available everywhere), then it could do well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What makes you think anyone gives a shite what you buy or don't buy? It's an anonymous forum. People may take an interest, but I doubt anyone will get annoyed by anything another poster does with their own money

Saylors average buy in about to get tested it would seem. Some man for one man though.

The man is leveraging the fuck out of his business and exposing plenty of other people to a lot of risk. Some of them are active participants in taking that on, and some are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

What makes you think anyone gives a shite what you buy or don't buy? It's an anonymous forum.

I give a sh!te. He's reminding us of our obligation to invest, as not doing so is considered financially negligent.

• Advertisement

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I give a sh!te. He's reminding us of our obligation to invest, as not doing so is considered financially negligent.

I genuinely can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Good day to buy dips if you're Bullish long term. I just wish I had more spare cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What makes you think anyone gives a shite what you buy or don't buy?.

Obviously you do since you keep responding to him

fritzelly wrote: »
    Obviously you do since you keep responding to him

So "keep responding to him" is now defined as replying to a post.

Sure why then do you keep responding to my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

What makes you think anyone gives a shite what you buy or don't buy? It's an anonymous forum. People may take an interest, but I doubt anyone will get annoyed by anything another poster does with their own money

#triggered

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

weemcd wrote: »
    Good day to buy dips if you're Bullish long term. I just wish I had more spare cash.
    No hurry I fear, fook me I left a lot of profits on the table this time round, back to accumulating but Ill let it slide another bit first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

shawki wrote: »
    Gotta get that $40 ICP! :pac:

618 to 35. I’ll take some of that action.

Potatoeman wrote: »

I have to say I was looking into it a swell ... very ambitious project (maybe borderline megalomaniac), but at this price it might be worth betting something on it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The man is leveraging the fuck out of his business and exposing plenty of other people to a lot of risk. Some of them are active participants in taking that on, and some are not.

I for one care a lot more for that than I do the constantly negative and noisome boogies you pick from your nose and offer up to us shining green pearls of wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

What makes you think anyone gives a shite what you buy or don't buy?
    Everyone should care and take notice when Brandon proudly announces he has spent his lunch money on BTC, there is no better indicator that the price of BTC is about to drop and right on schedule BTC is now $32,500, its a talent that he is graciously sharing with us here, take advantage of it and use it to make trades.

SEC investigation
    In March 2000, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) brought charges against Saylor and two other MicroStrategy executives for the company's inaccurate reporting of financial results for the preceding two years. In December 2000, Saylor settled with the SEC without admitting wrongdoing by paying $350,000 in penalties and a personal disgorgement of $8.3 million. As a result of the restatement of results, the company's stock declined in value and Saylor's net worth fell by $6 billion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Bob24 wrote: »
    I have to say I was looking into it a swell ... very ambitious project (maybe borderline megalomaniac), but at this price it might be worth betting something on it :-)

Does anyone around here do any research before buying?
    ICP was sold to early investors for 0.03c, thats not a typo it was sold for THREE cent, you would have to be an idiot to think this wont continue to drop like a anchor in the Mariana Trench, the bottom is nowhere in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

All the FUD and Wierdos come out with the Heat. It's like a Spike Lee movie.

image.png

This is where you earn your money in crypto folks. Back up the truck on your convictions over the next 48hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Sh*t coin with advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Surely if China cracks down on crypto, crypto will just be outsourced from China to somewhere else. That's literally how capital works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Surely if China cracks down on crypto, crypto will just be outsourced from China to somewhere else. That's literally how capital works.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Back in 2017...:
    Chinese regulators have decided on a “comprehensive ban” on platforms that allow people to buy or sell virtual currency in China, reports The Wall Street Journal. China is cracking down on Bitcoin trading and also planned to shut down Bitcoin exchanges, according to reports from earlier in September, but this move goes even further, with government officials apparently offering an explicit directive to the nation’s currency exchanges.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/18/16326078/chinese-regulators-ban-cryptocurrency-platforms-bitcoin

On the date that was written, bitcoin had a price of €4,100, so congarts to all the panic sellers. Four months later it hit €17,600.

Rumours about the death of bitcoin are probably exagerated.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I for one care a lot more for that than I do the constantly negative and noisome boogies you pick from your nose and offer up to us shining green pearls of wisdom.

Feel free to point out a single negative post. I've been through this a few times already. Not one person who said I was being negative about anything was subsequently able to identify a post to back up their assertion when called out on it.

Same as the one or two sneery posters who failed to respond with anything other than further sneers when asked what their professional experience in financial markets :pac: I was genuinely asking, given that they seemed to be so dismissive of others

There are a couple of posters on here that do work in that general area and have a bit of knowledge. They aren't the ones sneering though. You generally find that though - the ones with least to say make the most noise.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    #triggered

You forgot to add a meme

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

I hoped the emoji would convey that I was joking. Please don’t buy this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

ICP is an incredibly ambitious project, the pricing was all over the place but it's getting closer to a point that I'll be happy to buy a lot of it and lock it up long term

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Brandon was specifically sniping at people (not you) who have sniped at him because they thought he was buying 100k Bitcoin as they didn't understand his phrasing or the pricing in this market.

Let's all be friends on this beautiful red day, and pray for more red to come.

Edit: ICP isn't a bad project, it's an overpriced project. The last funding round and the last year of OTC trading (minimum $150k buy-in) places the price at about $25 per.

The tokenomics/distribution for it are disgusting - properly disgusting - but saying "but it was $0.03 cents when it started being funded 6 years ago" is disingenuous, no sh!t, a company pumped them with tens and then hundreds of millions of dollars. Bitcoin was worth zero, but now... Ethereum was $0.30, but now... Chainlink was $0.11, but now...
    ICP's not like other blockchains (not censorship resistant, no eternal finality) so we all have other reasons to dislike it if ideology-focused, but as a means of displacing monopolies and possibly (but not probably) democratising the net they way we thought it could be...it's better placed to do that in a scalable way than any other blockchain project I've seen.

Advertisement