Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Comments

EddieN75 wrote: »
    You can give more information if you like. You won't get in trouble. We won't tell the young lads

In case its not him, I'd hate to be the one handing out the pitch forks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Those Howth station scumbags should be sent to Rockall for a year.
    I see them named on Twitter so it's just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 11112

Infini wrote: »
    They're mouthy gobshìtes but they're just smart enough to not throw a punch because if they do they no longer have an untouchable defence. There is still the right to self defence and if they hit first then the adults CAN take them down on that.

I have to agree with this . I mentioned it already on post #97 this thread. I battered one of them last year in Windy Arbour playground and got away with it.

It was looking like I would get a caution , but as the kid refused to make a statement and run down the 6 month clock the guard was able to use this as a way of letting me off completely.

In fairness I nearly lost an eye, and I could still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

In case its not him, I'd hate to be the one handing out the pitch forks

Not really a fan of the social media driven pitchforks either tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Gardai can't be seen to give these scrotes a kicking. All they can do is bring them in and a judge throws another mark against their name. Pointless

Groups of members of the public on the other hand can. Especially now since everyone has a mask in their pocket so can do so without being identified. If there are groups coming into your area form a WhatsApp group, make sure you outnumber them and organise yourselves so it looks like a retaliation. Ie let the scrotes start it.

Then kick the living bejaysus out of them. So badly that they don't dream of congregating in the same area ever again. Then disperse in different directions and close the group.

This is how they solved problems in the days before people started to run to the Gardai with every single problem.
    Of course. These little ****e know that the Gardai won't harm them and they will be back out on the street in no time.

A large group of adult males in their faces is the solution. Any lip or resistance to move on and stay gone should met with violence.

Mod

Threadban. There is no place in this thread for advocating violence against kids - no matter what they have done. Morally, ethically and legally, its wrong.

Any issues with that, please PM me. Not to be discussed on thread.

• Advertisement

Did your parents monitor your every move as a teenager? Most are allowed out on their own.

Mine didn’t no. That being said they also raised me to have respect for my fellow citizens and instilled a sense of common decency in how to behave towards others. They could trust me to be unsupervised in public.

Of course my friends and I got up to mischief as most teenagers do - but it was never going around assaulting and intimidating random people, being an odious prick in general. Getting off on frightening other people for the craic. These scrotes are just ****ing arseholes plain and simple.

I don’t understand why you’re so submissive to this kind of behaviour
    The “it’s grand” approach hasn’t worked and you’re living under a rock if you don’t think it’s getting worse.

It shouldn’t be okay to act like a piece of scum in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

xzanti wrote: »
    The lack of regard for life among certain teenage groups is beyond frightening.

The video of the woman being tripped and subsequently falling onto the train tracks in Howth will haunt me for a long time.

Thank God she was pulled out without injury or death.

They knew exactly what they were doing. Pure, unbridled evil imho.

It's almost a competition among them to see how far they'll go to prove how scummy they are.

It was shocking but she wasn’t tripped. The guy did step towards her aggressively and she lost her footing but he clearly didn’t trip her. I just wanted to point that out in the interests of accuracy. You can see him running back over to her afterwards but that might just have been nosiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Mine didn’t no. That being said they also raised me to have respect for my fellow citizens and instilled a sense of common decency in how to behave towards others. They could trust me to be unsupervised in public.

Of course my friends and I got up to mischief as most teenagers do - but it was never going around assaulting and intimidating random people, being an odious prick in general. Getting off on frightening other people for the craic. These scrotes are just ****ing arseholes plain and simple.

I don’t understand why you’re so submissive to this kind of behaviour
    The “it’s grand” approach hasn’t worked and you’re living under a rock if you don’t think it’s getting worse.

It shouldn’t be okay to act like a piece of scum in public.

My friends and I were the same as teenagers, all we wanted to do is hang around and smoke sh*tty hash and mind our own business.
    I will say that we used to get constantly stopped and searched by Garda, which was annoying because we never bothered anyone, but I don't think the Garda do this any more.
    I don't agree that it's getting worse, I think kids were even rougher in the 80s and 90s, they have far more distractions and luxuries nowadays than they used to have and it seems to sedate most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

It was shocking but she wasn’t tripped. The guy did step towards her aggressively and she lost her footing but he clearly didn’t trip her. I just wanted to point that out in the interests of accuracy. You can see him running back over to her afterwards but that might just have been nosiness.

Tripped by the wheel of one of the bikes if you watch it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

By a bike that deliberately went for her and another woman previously. Not to mention a girl getting kicked in the back.

Not a bother on them either after she falls, doesn't seem to have any impact on them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭U.P.O.

At 0.28 you can see the guy with the blue bike try, unsuccessfully, to hit the blonde girl with his bike.

Two seconnds later he hits the legs of the girl who falls under the train with his front wheel. Clearly on purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You need to watch that video carefully on a larger screen. The scrote with the blue bike tried to trip the girl before her with the wheel of his bike, she stumbled slightly but kept going.
    He tried it again with the next girl but it was both him and the scummer with the white bike that tripped her up causing her to fall under the train and neither of them went back to assist.
    People need to stop trying to find some good out of what any of them did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The reaction of the meat robot in the red sleeveless jacket is chilling, it looks more like awe than genuine shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

It was the guy with the bike behind the fella in red. He hit her with his wheel and she fell. He didn't go back to help her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Seanachai wrote: »
    The reaction of the meat robot in the red sleeveless jacket is chilling, it looks more like awe than genuine shock.

From the video the scummer in the red jacket looks to the spitting or shouting at the women as the run by.

Also if you look at the video the first set of girls were trying to get on the train a carriage away from the scummers and you can see the doors won't open, the driver should have opened them to let those people on the train rather than having to run past the gang of scummers.

Also Ianroid Eireann have a lot of questions to answer on the job that they did on upgrading Howth Junction train station. The station was always bad but it is even worse since the upgrade and the upgrade facilitates this sort of behaviour. Why is it also unmanned? There use to be staff at that station till 8 or 9 when I was growing up but never anyone there anymore.

So they repeatedly try to do something where if they're successful, a person falls on the tracks and could die.

Hopefully with their details out there, something actually happens to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

With regards to under age crime. The parents should be made pay. Monies deducted from their wages or welfare with court order.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    You need to watch that video carefully on a larger screen. The scrote with the blue bike tried to trip the girl before her with the wheel of his bike, she stumbled slightly but kept going.
    He tried it again with the next girl but it was both him and the scummer with the white bike that tripped her up causing her to fall under the train and neither of them went back to assist.
    People need to stop trying to find some good out of what any of them did.
    Wheety wrote: »
    It was the guy with the bike behind the fella in red. He hit her with his wheel and she fell. He didn't go back to help her.

Indeed. I stand corrected. It's horrific. I am so glad that there was so many people around to help her. The train could be halted easily first and foremost. Imagine if that was the last DART of the evening?

I'm not trying to find good. I even said that I wasn't sure the guy in red went back for anything other than rubbernecking.

Seems to be everywhere. Seen the video on Twitter of the teenagers fighting in Dalkey. The problem is if nothing is done and it keeps going people will start taking things into their own hands. The authorities need to step up here and do something whether that's taking action against the teen's parents or putting the teens into stocks so that they can humiliated or whatever the teens need to see some punishment for their actions and speaking to them is not the answer they will just laugh at that.

They're in Dalkey now? Ha, no one is safe!

• Advertisement

They're in Dalkey now? Ha, no one is safe!

When it spreads to those areas something may get done.

https://twitter.com/dalkeygirl2/status/1391465981353070598

I know they're horrible little f*ckers but kids were always like this in Dublin. I remember being on Killiney beach in 96 or 97 and a full scale riot broke out between gangs of teenagers, one lot were from Crumlin, me and my mate had to leg it before they got on the dart.
    This sort of carry on seems to be a culture in Ireland, always has been.

Floppybits wrote: »
    When it spreads to those areas something may get done.

https://twitter.com/dalkeygirl2/status/1391465981353070598

Surprised at the standard of grammar on that Dalkey thread.
    Horrific.

Fair play to the kids though for going to Dalkey and Malahide to have their battles, places most of us could never afford to live in anyway. Nice and quiet where I am these days and some people wear pajamas 24/7 in these parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

This is a feature of liberal Ireland not a bug. A bad tree produces bad fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Keplar240B wrote: »
    This is a feature of liberal Ireland not a bug. A bad tree produces bad fruit.

Ireland has been run by Center Right lead coalitions for decades now......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Seems to be everywhere. Seen the video on Twitter of the teenagers fighting in Dalkey. The problem is if nothing is done and it keeps going people will start taking things into their own hands. The authorities need to step up here and do something whether that's taking action against the teen's parents or putting the teens into stocks so that they can humiliated or whatever the teens need to see some punishment for their actions and speaking to them is not the answer they will just laugh at that.

It's in regional towns too, myself and a few mates ran into trouble with a pack of feral teenagers in Enniscorthy a few years ago. We didn't have a cross word with them but they were hellbent on attacking us. A full bottle of beer smashed on the wall behind my head and about twenty of them were on top of us in a second.

I don't know if the malice they have comes from pain in the home or if there are just more sociopaths these days but it has to be addressed before it escalates.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

wes wrote: »
    Ireland has been run by Center Right lead coalitions for decades now......

He said liberal. not leftist. And FF/FG are only right in the sense of ****ing over the taxpayer in favour of big business, and not in any social sense.

It's in regional towns too, myself and a few mates ran into trouble with a pack of feral teenagers in Enniscorthy a few years ago. We didn't have a cross word with them but they were hellbent on attacking us. A full bottle of beer smashed on the wall behind my head and about twenty of them were on top of us in a second.

I don't know if the malice they have comes from pain in the home or if there are just more sociopaths these days but it has to be addressed before it escalates.

There was always trouble with Teenagers but maybe it is the lockdown and them being out of school for long periods that has led to this but it does seem to be more violent and happening more often.

I grew up not too far from that train station and yes it has never been the best but since the station refurb it has got worse. One good thing about the refurb though it that it stopped the number of suicides at the station. In the late 80's early 90's it was awful for suicides at that station.

• Advertisement

He said liberal. not leftist. And FF/FG are only right in the sense of ****ing over the taxpayer in favour of big business, and not in any social sense.

I said center right, they are more populist than liberal (even if they accuse others of being populist all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Fair play to the kids though for going to Dalkey and Malahide to have their battles, places most of us could never afford to live in anyway. Nice and quiet where I am these days and some people wear pajamas 24/7 in these parts.

:o

• It was shocking but she wasn’t tripped. The guy did step towards her aggressively and she lost her footing but he clearly didn’t trip her. I just wanted to point that out in the interests of accuracy. You can see him running back over to her afterwards but that might just have been nosiness.

Obvious desperate attempt to play down a shocking incident. Couple of attempted manslaughter charges in this incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Obvious desperate attempt to play down a shocking incident. Couple of attempted manslaughter charges in this incident.

It is very obvious that she was hit by the guy with the blue bike (camera blocked by the guy in the red sleeveless ) He caught her with his wheel as he did to the girl before her too!

You didn’t read any of the posts subsequent to the one you quoted there. This has all been clarified. Try not to jerk your knee. I don’t see how I’m downplaying either since I didn’t even say that I thought the guy in red went back to help. I said it was likely that he was just being nosy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He hit her with the bike wheel.

Seriously, this is nuts, and people want to make excuses for people like that and their behaviors...

If that dart was moving she’s as good as dead, could have been anyway regardless...

What sort of vile wánkers are being brought up... lads attacking and assaulting girls trying to get a dart... imagine in 5 years what that urchin will be like...

What the fûck motivates people to do something like that ? Parents need to start getting the finger out... you can imagine his parents.. “ aghhh yeah, but der is no facilities, what’s he meant to do ? “

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Gardai in Tramore issued this letter to all parents last week!

Happening everywhere now it seems.

MESSAGE FROM AN GARDA SÍOCHÁNA TRAMORE

Dear Parent/Guardian,

Tramore Gardaí are extremely concerned about the prevalence of “organised fights”, which are generally being organised via various social media platforms.

Persons attending these “organised fights” can put their own lives at risk as well as others. Criminal and anti-social behaviour has an impact on communities as a whole. It can have a serious impact on the quality of life of individuals and can destroy the spirit and pride of communities. The likelihood of more criminal / anti-social behaviour can create an environment where more serious crime can take hold.

In the main, “organised fights” are attended by large numbers of children, ranging from 13 years old and up.

It has to be acknowledged that the vast majority of children in Tramore are extremely courteous and law-abiding. This behaviour is being caused by a minority of young persons.

An Garda Síochána Tramore are intervening where possible. If you wish to report any instances of suspected criminal / anti-social behaviour, please don’t hesitate to contact Tramore Garda Station at (051) 391620. Your call will be treated with the strictest of confidence.

We would implore all parents to know where your children are and what they are getting up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

'Escalates' ? It's absolutely endemic. Irish society is riddled with this specimen of vermin. Ne'er do well, useless waste of sperm and egg malevolents who should be the target of the most stringent form of punishment known to man.

Just one other thing to note, these teenagers are likely bullying other teenagers and kids younger than them as well. I know this from experience, when I was a kid, they would try an pick on other kids, and if they didn't fight back, they would go after them again and again.

These "feral" teenagers are just as much a danger to other children as they are to the general public. Schools need to clamp down on bullying imo in a major way. The trouble makers are well known, and imo the law needs to change so that parents can press charges against bully's in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

So we have Gardai having to WRITE a letter to remind parents of these feral little dirt bags to get off their fûcking holes and actually...PARENT..

• Advertisement

malevolents who should be the target of the most stringent form of punishment known to man.

This will not work, so it is just hot air. We have to do what is feasible and civilised.

So there should be zero tolerance of any public disorder. For every offence a period of detention in some kind of juvenile facility with no perks provided eg no computers, phones, etc.
    1 week, 1 month, 3 months etc and removal of that child's welfare entitlements/ allowances for juveniles families while they are detained. Automatic appearance at a legal sitting and detention meted out quickly for public disorder, along an ascending scale according to gravity.
    Even if it takes huge investment make it happen. I would prefer my taxes going to ensure the streets are safer than them going to fund extravagant wages for politicians or other grandiose projects that will not contribute to the root issues in society. A friend of mine was left with severe special needs after being beaten by a street gang. It is intolerable to have these kinds of behaviours in our civil society.

Obviously cases like this one are more than mere public disorder as there was the potential for killing someone. Hopefully that will be addressed. But zero tolerance generally to root out the atmosphere that enables it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭gw80

scout353 wrote: »
    Gardai in Tramore issued this letter to all parents last week!

Happening everywhere now it seems.

MESSAGE FROM AN GARDA SÍOCHÁNA TRAMORE

Dear Parent/Guardian,

Tramore Gardaí are extremely concerned about the prevalence of “organised fights”, which are generally being organised via various social media platforms.

Persons attending these “organised fights” can put their own lives at risk as well as others. Criminal and anti-social behaviour has an impact on communities as a whole. It can have a serious impact on the quality of life of individuals and can destroy the spirit and pride of communities. The likelihood of more criminal / anti-social behaviour can create an environment where more serious crime can take hold.

In the main, “organised fights” are attended by large numbers of children, ranging from 13 years old and up.

It has to be acknowledged that the vast majority of children in Tramore are extremely courteous and law-abiding. This behaviour is being caused by a minority of young persons.

An Garda Síochána Tramore are intervening where possible. If you wish to report any instances of suspected criminal / anti-social behaviour, please don’t hesitate to contact Tramore Garda Station at (051) 391620. Your call will be treated with the strictest of confidence.

We would implore all parents to know where your children are and what they are getting up to.

To be fair, organised fights in schools have been happening since schools were invented, you just have video evidence of them now,
    I was in a few of them myself when in school,
    It's just the modern version of " I'll meet you outside the school gates when school is over"

I dunno, maybe it's a bit more shocking to watch if you never grew up seeing that kind of stuff,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It was shocking but she wasn’t tripped. The guy did step towards her aggressively and she lost her footing but he clearly didn’t trip her. I just wanted to point that out in the interests of accuracy. You can seem him running back over to her afterwards but that might just have been nosiness.

Shocking. The buck stops with the parents, but the system is culpable as it allows them to be negligent to the point of reward.

Cut out the social housing for criminals, cap the child allowance at a specific number of kids. Stop allowing children to have 6505131 cautions before anything happens to them.

Stop giving kids playstations and netflix in juvenile detention centres and put them out on the street cleaning and doing proper work.

gw80 wrote: »
    To be fair, organised fights in schools have been happening since schools were invented, you just have video evidence of them now,
    I was in a few of them myself when in school,
    It's just the modern version of " I'll meet you outside the school gates when school is over"

I dunno, maybe it's a bit more shocking to watch if you never grew up seeing that kind of stuff,

Ah this is nothing like the fights after school. These fight are more like the hooligan fights we would have seen back in the 80's are soccer matches in England. There is a big difference between to 2 young fellas having a scrap outside of school and 2 gangs going at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭conorhal

Ah this is nothing like the fights after school. These fight are more like the hooligan fights we would have seen back in the 80's are soccer matches in England. There is a big difference between to 2 young fellas having a scrap outside of school and 2 gangs going at it.

Well if you want to handwave that away then can I handwave away a mob of adults pouring out of the pub to batter seven shades for shoite out of them? Sure a lash of the belt and a clout across the ear has been the solution to such 'youthful behaviour' since forever also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Shocking. The buck stops with the parents, but the system is culpable as it allows them to be negligent to the point of reward.

Cut out the social housing for criminals, cap the child allowance at a specific number of kids. Stop allowing children to have 6505131 cautions before anything happens to them.

Stop giving kids playstations and netflix in juvenile detention centres and put them out on the street cleaning and doing proper work.

None of your suggestions would have prevented the behaviour seen in the video?

The responsibility for their actions lies solely with the children who committed those actions - namely the child on the bike for one who saw the girl coming and purposely swung his foot around intending to hit her in the face (but thankfully only glanced her shoulder), and the other child who attempted to intimidate the girl, he was reckless, but I don’t think it was his intention to send her flying onto the track.

This stuff happened too though, it just wasn't filmed. Like the fights after school back in the day would then escalate as one person would lose and then get bleedin' all east wall after ye, or whatever area, and it would end up with some gang waiting outside school for someone and then people laying into each other. I saw it loads of times, and was on the receiving end of a couple of hidings unfortunately!
    I mean there's a bad culture of this kind of thing here but I find it amusing that people think it's new, just because it has happened in leafy suburbs now and it's on camera.

conorhal wrote: »
    Well if you want to handwave that away then can I handwave away a mob of adults pouring out of the pub to batter seven shades for shoite out of them? Sure a lash of the belt and a clout across the ear has been the solution to such 'youthful behaviour' since forever also.

Not hand waving anything away just saying this nothing like 2 lads having a fight after school and is more like the English hooligan problem that we seen back in the 80's and 90's. I would not be surprised to see people taking matters into their own hands because it doesn't look like the authorities will do anything. I remember that happening along that part of the dart line before.

There was also a big thing of teenagers throwing rocks at trains from bridges, in the 80s and 90s, I was sat on a dart once as a kid and a window just smashed through and covered me and my ma in glass, we weren't hurt thankfully.
    We've always had loads of scumbags, and we haven't done anything about it, I'm not sure what the solution is .

None of your suggestions would have prevented the behaviour seen in the video?

The responsibility for their actions lies solely with the children who committed those actions - namely the child on the bike for one who saw the girl coming and purposely swung his foot around intending to hit her in the face (but thankfully only glanced her shoulder), and the other child who attempted to intimidate the girl, he was reckless, but I don’t think it was his intention to send her flying onto the track.

Its not solely with the children..

Parental responsibility is obviously coming into play... or lack of...

Firstly parents need to bring up their kids with an understanding of right from wrong. That it’s wrong to hurt, assault and endanger people...

Secondly the parents need to have a deterrent as in when or if a garda knocks on the door, little Daniel/Deirdre has done xyz, assaulted someone, seriously endangered their life.. it’s not “must do better, watch yourself or...”

It’s... “ ok, you are saying goodbye to your ps5 and tv for one year “...... “trip away with the football team, forget it, I don’t mind loosing a deposit, money well spent to teach you a lesson...”

• Advertisement
Advertisement