Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

I heard Gonehome is patient Zero for Omicron.

Heard from my husband who's mistress is a gard married to the SA president.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

My partner was in Scotland over the weekend. Rural area, kept herself to herself no pubs or nightclubs etc.

Serious problem with a tooth. Her dentist won’t see her for 3 weeks. However if she wasn’t in Scotland but spent all weekend in a packed pub and nightclub she would have got an appointment tomorrow 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Well Pat Kenny has got half the show out of Covid.

Hospital numbers up to 885, is there nothing to be said for a little Lockdown, just for old times sake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Yep. I'll be doing away with the bloody things as soon as I can (they're a complete nuisance with glasses), but I couldn't care less if anyone else wants to keep wearing them. Each to their own.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's extremely unlikely. Anyone who caught Covid 6 weeks or more ago almost certainly caught Delta as that was still by far and away the most dominant strain at the time. (Omicron became dominant at 52% 5 weeks ago.) If they caught Covid again 5 weeks later then, without doubt, they caught Delta the first time.

• Advertisement

ICU down to 76.

Donnelly said yesteday that the majority in ICU are long haul patients that would have been admitted due to Delta

All the swabbing staff must have been down the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

I presume staff in places like hospitals & nursing homes will continue to wear masks. Are masks done away with in just about all other workplaces now?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All testing will start to drop off pretty strongly at this stage. For the most part, people will only be getting tested if they're symptomatic and even then they'll be more likely to use antigens unless they need to talk to a doctor.

If you're boosted and so is everyone else you know, there's little benefit in testing for the individual at this stage. And people are less afraid of covid which means they're more comfortable when they have symptoms just closing the front door and taking a few days off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

Internationally, disemploying the unvaccinated has helped to pile the pressure on supply chains as there are less and less truckers allowed to transport loads.

Throughout history dictatorial set-ups were usually characterised by inefficiency which is something Westerners don't really have any experience of, but if we continue down this route we could eventually have malfunctioning daily lives. Perhaps food queues or worse?

Strangely enough, I'd say this weekend stands out as a time period where I've seen the most amount of people wearing masks outdoors. Not sure why. But I seen loads of people outside wearing masks.

I noticed that while out walking this weekend too. The only thing I can think of is that these are people who have rarely left the house for a stroll in the past 2 years. Quite a sad thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Maybe they are close contacts who are allowed out but advised to wear masks

One thing I learned throughout this is not to judge what others feel is right for them to do

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

I heard an ad on the radio about restrictions lifting. About the household vidistor restrictions - would it not be worth their while to remind people if there's sickness in the home not to have visitors over? Like reduce household visitors during sickness in as much as possible. I know elderly people may not be able to reduce visitors due to people coming in to care fore them. In as much as possible. Doesn't that make sense. That's a sound piece of health guidance that can be carried over from the pandemic and bring it forward into every day living. Just to reduce sickness spreading. Especially during flu seasons. If the government is relying on common sense from the population, some people will show common sense but others seriously lack it.

Wrong!

Do you feel better about yourself judging others for wearing masks?

Was weird driving by packed bus stops today. The days of 8:50am alarms are coming to an end it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

So I take it everyone's on the Russia live military drills thread now? Out of the frying pan...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Covid ended last Friday....WW3 starts today! 😲😅

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

That’s cos the moanbags have nothing left to moan about and the mor folks have long since stopped engaging.

• Advertisement

I used to live about 30 km from Russian border in Finland and I can guarantee you they won’t be laughing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Who are the moanbags? Because there are plenty still moaning about restrictions being lifted (because covid will kill us all etc)

Go back over the past few pages and please point out all of the posts where people are complaining about the restrictions being lifted. The majority of the posts are in favour of the restrictions being lifted and anything else is few and far between. In fact the majority of the moaning is coming in from people where they don't want any mitigation measure in place and they want it all gone - masks, hand washing, isolating the sick - they want everything gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

You should meet my mother and listen to the moaning that came out of her today. Apparently MM is an idiot for lifting restrictions because according to a doctor on the RTE news app ED’s admissions are at an all time high for covid admissions. Oh not to mention the Omicron b2 variant is gonna get us all! We’re doomed!!! When you try to explain that it’s a sub lineage of Omicron it just falls on deaf ears. The hysteria out there isn’t going away anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I see Pravda RTE have changed gear seamlessly leading with ICU numbers instead of cases or hospital numbers! 😅

30% of my sons class have covid right now and my other sons preschool class is closed after an outbreak. None of those are in any case figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Have you let the Dept of Health know? maybe email RTE and they can amend the infection numbers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

But if none of them are really sick does it even matter? It’s time to just move on now, for the majority of young kids it’s just a cold, yucky dose, others it’s nothing. Those with underlying issues of course, but we never imposed restrictions that would have had them at risk before.

• Advertisement

I was merely commenting to underline that case numbers are meaningless right now.

re the dose itself. It’s not as mild as I expected at all. The children had high fever for a day and still have some symptoms days later. Their parents are both sick with it a week now. It’s not a nice dose and in no way resembles a cold.

Advertisement