If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Official FSA Sorare Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've flipped a few like that too a lot of people just seem to look at the L5 and that's it. As soon as its all dnp they'll just dump the player without looking up what's happened.

This week was going along nicely in D4 and then the common attacker I had to play went off in the first half abs my defender conceded a penalty and and sent off and I finished on 202.78 lol! Now most players are back from Gold Cup/Olympics I'll be focusing on Asia and America and just chip away in d4 with whatever I jave spare. I have a few decent euro players so should pick up a few rewards even with a common gk.

Love how the discord was all in agreement it had to be green and then it turns out to be yellow lol. Their must have been a couple of people in the office being like er lads are we sure about the yellow? Guessing its not going to be too long of a wait now.

Early but currently 11th in Global D4 with 287.27 hoping opta treats me well! Only got one player left he banged out a 69 *insert ooh err pic here* last week another one of those would be nice. I'll be sickened if he dnps now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭finlma

That's a great score with 1 to go. Hopefully you get a decent score and win a card. I've been putting my best team into Challenger and missing ETH thresholds in Global. Might need a change of strategy. I've missed out on 0.06 in the last few weeks.

Good time for new players to get on board now with new scarcity on the way. Just in case anyone is lurking here.

Yeah good going so far. The Ulsan Olympic boys did a good job for me. I sold Lozano for basically what I got him and an injured J league defender. I have Simon of Nantes for playing in Global now and probably won't go with a champion side so my few euro players will be my global squad. This time I'm definitely going to try keep hold of it for the new scarcity!

Did you see they've started marketing? New scarcity must be very close for them to have started a new marketing campaign. It'll be interesting to see what mechanism they put in place to stop prices going mad if its a cap that is not going to go down well.

He scored the winner for them last game and now he's dnp. Brutal. Will probably only be about 30 points short of tier 3 too lol.

Haven't posted here for a while. The whole of La Liga has been added today. Huge for the platform. Users can now buy NFTs of Barcelona and Real players. With new PSG cards on the way I expect the auction for the Messi unique card to be massive. It will go for well into 6 figure category.

The new Limited scarcity is a good entry point for new users now. Easy to build a competitive team for in or around €100-€200.

When it became clear it was La Liga found it a bit underwhelming but it felt pretty big with the press conference style event. Looks like La Liga are really getting behind it good time to be getting in.

The Rookie League in Sorare has been made a permanent feature so anyone interested in playing for free can do so indefinitely now. It's a good way of getting a feel for the game.

There was a huge investment in the platform recently and numbers of players are growing rapidly.

Full Bundesliga now signed up as well as La Liga. The platform is growing rapidly. Onboarding has really improved and it is affordable to make a start in the game now with the Limited (1/1000) card supply level.

I initially invested €2000 in the platform back in March and now have a gallery worth almost €5000. I have one card alone worth my initial investment that I could sell now and recoup what I put in. I also have an interest now in different leagues and players around the world.

For anyone playing Sorare I've set up a new SorareBrag Irish Community League. It's free to enter for anyone with a Sorare account and Common cards can be used

Link to join: https://sorarebrag.com/join/3rInhw

Not sure if anyone actually reads this but thought I'd provide an update in case anyone is interested.

I started playing Sorare in March 21 and put €2000 into the game. It was some disposable income that I was happy to risk. It takes a while to get in on it but researching players and following games all over the globe has given me a huge interest in teams I never even knew about. The game play is really exciting and I look forward to tracking the games twice a week. It's definitely a far superior gameplay experience to FPL, which I have played since the beginning. There are many professional footballers actually playing the game including Antonio Griezmann. There are strong rumours that the Premier League will be added in next season. When I started there were only around 10k players but that is up over 60k players now and growing rapidly.

As things stand my gallery is worth €9000 and I'm winning more each week. I expect to have made 6 times my investment within the year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The issue I have is that a lot of that rise is linked to the value of ETH rather than the value of the cards themselves. ETH was about 1.7k at the time.

It's a combination of both I suppose. Cards themselves are rising in value, ETH is rising in value and I've accumulated winnings of around 0.35 ETH (around €1200) at time of writing. In some ways playing Sorare is a hedge on a crypto investment. The trend for ETH is up and this looks likely to continue as it is the main crypto currency for play-to-earn and all the new Metaverse based games.

Have you looked at Footium or other similar manager games? I bought a Footium club in the mint last week.

A unique Erling Haaland card sold for €600k this evening.

Ye should have got on board when I mentioned it last year.

Yeah, and a guy won 2 grand in the bookies at the weekend.

Should we all head in to the bookies now and start handing over money ?

Or is it just in your interest if the market grows and more people join up ?

I think a lot of people who got on board recently have lost a ton of money.

You think? Any evidence to back up your thoughts?

Doesn't bother me who signs up in the slightest. I've made plenty and enjoyed myself doing so.

Ethereum has completely crashed in the last month so I don't need any evidence to say a lot of people have lost a ton of money. It was the same as when people 6 months ago, people were lauding how incredibly profitable they have been playing Sorare, but in reality, the ETH was rising and accounting for a great deal of that profit. Despite all the money being pumped into it, almost no one cares about the game in the general population. That will undoubtedly change, but I think the "game" of Sorare is a bore IMHO.

ETH crashed but the value of cards remained the same. My gallery is worth the same as it was before ETH crash. Most players price cards in their own currency, not ETH.

You probably do need evidence if you're going to claim people lost a ton of money. I bet you can't find a single person saying they did.

The number of people playing Sorare has grown massively and that will continue. They're employing 200 more people this year and moving into other sports. It's going to be huge and it's still early.

If you want to talk boring let's talk about FPL. The game where everyone has almost an identical team. Pointless game.