Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Official FSA Sorare Thread

  • 30-04-2021 9:22am
    #1
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭ FutureGuy
    Moderator


    Hi all,
    I have decided to allow a Sorare thread on FSA. My initial thought is that it better belongs in a crypto/NFT group, but in the absence of that, let’s see how this goes.

    A few rules which may/may not change as we go on.

    1) no referral posts and no referral post discussion. This is including requests to pm to learn how to get started.
    2) because this is FSA, the discussion should be on The actual game and not on the technology.
    3) buying and selling is part of the game and so this subject is allowed.

    Everyone - before you invest ANY money, be sure you understand the risks. This game is based on ETH and you may lose or win money based on card value.


«13

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    Yay good decision!

    I like how quick they seem to listen to feedback and develop new things like the club shop thing. One concern I had was the overall model and can see this becoming a revenue stream for them which I think is definitely a good thing.

    Week just finished I got a rewarded in the rookie league with a total of zero points lol!

    If anyone fancies it I set up a league on sorare brag

    https://sorarebrag.com/join/9d0dyp


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    That's great. Thanks Futureguy.

    I've been enjoying the game since I started. Definitely takes a bit of figuring out and there is an investment required.

    It's based on leagues all around the world so gives you an interest in something other than the PL.

    There are other 3rd party apps offering card utility like the private league above. I'm joining in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    After a good start yesterday, thanks chiefly to an 80 point haul from Rudy Camacho, made the 205 threshold for the first time (only second time in D4 really) was a good chance for the 250 but my last two lads could only chip in with just under 74 which was a shame. If I had played my d3 striker in d4 would have got there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    jimmii wrote: »
    After a good start yesterday, thanks chiefly to an 80 point haul from Rudy Camacho, made the 205 threshold for the first time (only second time in D4 really) was a good chance for the 250 but my last two lads could only chip in with just under 74 which was a shame. If I had played my d3 striker in d4 would have got there.

    I've hit the 250 threshold again in D4 and won another bit of ETH. Won't take too long to make back my initial investment and be playing risk free. I still have my captain to play so have an outside chance of winning a card.

    I also finished 4th in Oneshot League and I'll win another card for that.

    Really enjoying playing the game.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    It definitely makes some random games at random times have some appeal. Was nice following a Korean game tbat kicked of at 8.30 this morning!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    In the long run do you think they're hoping gas fees come down must be a big overhead for them and they've started planning for them to come down? If there's no substantial change to gas fees I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some sort of subscription model at some point where you could pay x amount per month for no additional fees or pay per purchase. Or maybe they'll introduce some sort of margin on the transfer market to help cover those costs. It would think it wouldn't be great for the lower end of the market but most nft sites charge the fees and theit doesn't seem to put people off too much.

    Would be interesting to see what the average they've paid on <€100 cards has been over the last couple of months feels like it could well be be fairly substantial number. At the top end its obviously a fairly low % but at the low end of the market its surely got to sting.


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    jimmii wrote: »
    In the long run do you think they're hoping gas fees come down must be a big overhead for them and they've started planning for them to come down? If there's no substantial change to gas fees I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some sort of subscription model at some point where you could pay x amount per month for no additional fees or pay per purchase. Or maybe they'll introduce some sort of margin on the transfer market to help cover those costs. It would think it wouldn't be great for the lower end of the market but most nft sites charge the fees and theit doesn't seem to put people off too much.

    Would be interesting to see what the average they've paid on <€100 cards has been over the last couple of months feels like it could well be be fairly substantial number. At the top end its obviously a fairly low % but at the low end of the market its surely got to sting.

    Gas fees are definitely an issue but there is supposed to be some change coming for Ethereum that will reduce the cost.

    Scored 315 this weekend in D4. Best score yet. Definitely building a team that can challenge for rewards. Picked up rare Muleka from Standard Liege and he's on fire.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    315 nice! Once eth 2 is fully up and running it's expected to lower gas fees but that's not until some to be set date hopefully next year so could still be a way off.

    I feel I made a mistake a lot of people do in the cards I did pick up in spreading myself too thin initially. I think once you're past the rookie Cup stage you're better off trying to get a solid 6 going and then build from there. And make sure you aren't buying a player whose season is about to end too lol! For the people will the time to research I feel there's a huge opportunity here. If you don't listen to the sorare podcast it's worth a listen to the last one had a venture capitalist on who is investing quite significantly in the game needless to day their collection is pretty dam impressive.


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    jimmii wrote: »
    315 nice! Once eth 2 is fully up and running it's expected to lower gas fees but that's not until some to be set date hopefully next year so could still be a way off.

    I feel I made a mistake a lot of people do in the cards I did pick up in spreading myself too thin initially. I think once you're past the rookie Cup stage you're better off trying to get a solid 6 going and then build from there. And make sure you aren't buying a player whose season is about to end too lol! For the people will the time to research I feel there's a huge opportunity here. If you don't listen to the sorare podcast it's worth a listen to the last one had a venture capitalist on who is investing quite significantly in the game needless to day their collection is pretty dam impressive.

    Yes, made the same mistake myself but I've traded my cards. My strategy is to have 2 good players in each position and all in the same league. I'm focusing on Challenger Europe so won't have any cards over the summer. Had bought some Asian cards but there's so much rotation you always end up with a DNP.

    If you're prepared to take a small loss on value of your cards then try to trade with player PawelTrader. I got Muleka for 2 Asian players and a bit of ETH. A week later and the card is worth double.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    Had heard some speculation of a new level. The cost of entry was getting very high for the mote casual player. I think the academy was a hibee idea or was atleast came up on his podcast with almost identical limitations. It's a good idea and helps fill the big gap between rookie league and the global leagues. Interesting that they don't think they'll need any new revenue streams they'll have done a hell of a job if they can keep it going like this in the long term.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    Need a miracle this week after a surprise benching. Made my first straight sale yesterday Vicente Besuijen won at auction for €52 and sold for €118 after one good performance be nice if they all went like that! Crazy how all it takes is one decent performance and the price really jumps.


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    jimmii wrote: »
    Need a miracle this week after a surprise benching. Made my first straight sale yesterday Vicente Besuijen won at auction for €52 and sold for €118 after one good performance be nice if they all went like that! Crazy how all it takes is one decent performance and the price really jumps.

    Performances really have an impact on price in the short term. You made a nice profit. Some players trade purely on flipping cards. I look to pick up injured players that I think will score well when they come back. Vaclav Cerny looks great value so I picked him up.

    I came 4th in oneshot league and won a useless tier 4 card that I managed to sell for €15. The guy that came third won a Vandevoordt card worth €1700. That stung.

    Muleka injured so I'm not too hopeful this week. If I hit the 205 threshold I'll be happy.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    Wow big gap from 4th to 3rd! I was trying to find players that looked like they should come back in hard to research some the random leagues though!


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    I scraped over the 205 point threshold this week in Global D4, even with only 4 players. No striker due to injuries. That's another 0.01 ETH banked


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    Just over 190 for me was surprised to get that close! Will hopefully get a new forward in the next 24 hours.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    Going into d4 this week with just 4 players so wasn't expecting to really threaten the thresholds especially when my mid was benched but he came on at half time and has chipped in with a 68 pointer so we're in with a shot now!


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    jimmii wrote: »
    Going into d4 this week with just 4 players so wasn't expecting to really threaten the thresholds especially when my mid was benched but he came on at half time and has chipped in with a 68 pointer so we're in with a shot now!

    Great start. I have Muleka back from injury so optimistic before any games start. Could change quickly.

    I've only Challenger Europe players so only a couple of games left. Definitely try to grow my squad next year and pick up MLS and Asian players so I can play over the summer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    Thats what I've been focusing on lately picked up a couple of players from Rosario Central and the brilliantly name Tche Tche from Mineiro have 10 it 11 regular starters from Asia/Americas now. Rosario captain Vecchio will serve me well with any luck. Also took a speculative punt on Infantino his #1 went for almost €240 and a couple over €100 so feel.picking up two for €120 should hopefully do alright all he really needs is to make an appearance and we're off to the races. Plan is to have a decent stock of summer league players and winter league players and then see if we can pick up some cheap young players and hope one or two come through at some point. If you can find 10 teens who look like they might possibly make the grade and pick them up for €20-€30 have to think one of them will more than cover the cost of the rest.


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    Missed the thresholds this week even with no DNP. This weekend looks like the last weekend I'll be able to enter a team until the new European season kicks off. Finals games in Eredivisie this weekend.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    I ended up on 202.15 after making a rookie error lol. Serves me right for being an idiot! With what I have now pretty confident the lower will be coming in pretty regular now.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    jimmii wrote: »
    I ended up on 202.15 after making a rookie error lol. Serves me right for being an idiot! With what I have now pretty confident the lower will be coming in pretty regular now.

    Disappointing to be so close to 205. On my first week on the platform I got 204.83


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    finlma wrote: »
    Disappointing to be so close to 205. On my first week on the platform I got 204.83

    Thats brutal! I played a no game rare over a common wtf was I thinking lol!

    Despite that would love a way to have the option to hide commons or is there a way?


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    No way to hide commons. It gets discussed every so often on the Discord. Are you on Discord. If not you should as it's the only way to discuss trades with other managers. I've made a good few trades by chatting with lads there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    Hit the 250 point threshold again this week. Another €60 banked. It'll be my last game till next season. Need to do a bit of wheeling and dealing over the summer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    232 with my common gk. No goals or assists must be very easy to hit the thresholds with a goalscorer! Had a disallowed goal yesterday that would have got me to the 250 stupid ref lol.


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    At least you hit the lower threshold.

    With the new reward structures announced yesterday I will be aiming for Challenger D4 once the European leagues start back up. Reckon I'll have a chance at some card rewards some weeks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    What are the main changes I've not really taken a look at it in detail yet its basically more and better cards as rewards right?. Glad the disallowed goal wasn't at the end and at that point would have been happy to just hit the 205.


  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    There will be more card rewards so you won't have to hit as high a score to win one. They're also keeping the ETH thresholds over the summer. You have a good chance to build a bit of ETH with your Asian team.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii
    Registered User


    Yeah hope so. Its tricky with a common gk and so much rotation though! Hard to justify shelling out a few hundred for a keeper just so they don't get the 44% deduction. Hopefully when the new scarcity comes along they will be a little more affordable.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ finlma
    Registered User


    I took the plunge on a keeper to try and win some cards in Challenger next season. I haven't had a chance to play him yet though. I got Louis Bostyn from Zulte Waregem.


Advertisement