Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The social housing list in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well where are they on the list? You can’t walk in the centre of Dublin without meeting several of them. Moore St is now Roma Street Central.....

Check out the sunflower seed shells all over the ground outside the Ilac entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

8% full time
    63% only welfare

They have all copped on to how it works now in this country.
    The more lazy and needy you portray yourself the more help you get, If you work your on your own even though your getting less than someone on welfare.
    Crazy set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

bubblypop wrote: »
    Where are travellers in the list?

Are shure they’re Irish you know. :rolleyes:

Are shure they’re Irish you know. :rolleyes:

Being a member of the travelling or Roma community is protected against discrimination when it comes to housing, so it wouldn't make sense to identify as something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭tom1ie

Nationality is not irrelevant. We don't have enough affordable housing for our own people to rent or buy, and even less social housing. We should not be importing people who can't house themselves and who are a net drain. No Irish person would be housed if they rocked up to Poland or Nigeria with their family, they would be laughed out of it. It's impossible to plan a housing strategy when there is a limitless number of people arriving and demanding that we house them.

We need immigration to fund our pensions going forward.
    We welcome integrated immigration otherwise the economy doesn’t work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Jizique

bubblypop wrote: »
    You do know people born outside of Ireland can be Irish

They are also allowed work - we are a soft touch

Jizique wrote: »
    They are also allowed work - we are a soft touch

Irish people can get off their backsides and work too. Where do you think people moving to this country learn from?

Well where are they on the list? You can’t walk in the centre of Dublin without meeting several of them. Moore St is now Roma Street Central.....

Always makes me smile when I see SF do one of their photo ops down there, is that the height of our ambitions now?

tom1ie wrote: »

Complete BS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

8% full time
    63% only welfare

Have you a source for that? I’d like to dig into the detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,372 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

8% full time
    63% only welfare

That's a truly depressing statistic. Do you have a link?

You should not be allowed immigrate here without a verified job ready for you. Then you have to have remained employed paying taxes throughout for a number of years before access to such services. If you lose employment in the interim you should have to return home.

But that's not the situation here.

The warning signs are flashing red. They couldn't get any bigger or redder that we are doing things wrong. Massive problems being cultivated for the future and few brave enough to say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Ill post it in a bit, ive posted it 50+ times at this stage, its from the governments own stats

Edit , here we are, may aswell put this link in my sig at this stage.

https://assets.gov.ie/44423/39694d6e12664d4083b4249bf4e3f067.pdf

Incomes of social housing :
    Social welfare only - 62%
    Employment only - 16%

And before you start, pensions and other non working age supports are in ‘other’ that 62% is all able bodied working age people.

Even if the councils could provide enough houses tomorrow to provide for everyone in the list, by the day after that list would find itself with twice as many new applicants.

If you build it they will come

Nonsense
    It's only creating a pyramid scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

And thanks to O'Gorman's "Brotherhood of Man" migrant strategy, there will be even more and more in the coming years.

Taxpayers of Ireland, prepare to bend over and take it up the ass in new tax increases to fund this ****e.

That only works if the immigrants contribute to the economy, non EU migrants make our pensions funding cliff happen faster due to being economic detractors

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nonsense
    It's only creating a pyramid scheme
    That only works if the immigrants contribute to the economy, non EU migrants make our pensions funding cliff happen faster due to being economic detractors

they are pyramid schemes anyway, a financial tool used to promise what ultimately cant be achieved via this method, but makes a few very wealthy in the process

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    they are pyramid schemes anyway, a financial tool used to promise what ultimately cant be achieved via this method, but makes a few very wealthy in the process

And makes others feel good about themselves

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Im quite confused, we’re talking about funding pensions, not making anyone wealthy

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

And makes others feel good about themselves

And keep NGOs/Grievance Industry in business

• Advertisement

Im quite confused, we’re talking about funding pensions, not making anyone wealthy

pension funds are designed to only truly benefit the few financially, they are simply another rent seeking activity, ultimately for wealth extraction from an economy, most arent suppose to benefit from them, but no one can afford to be not a part of them

Probably talking about the various snouts in the trough making money from the farce

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's relevant in the context of the current government's demented policy of actively trying to increase immigration and assign own door accommodation to asylum seekers while already not having enough social housing.

Well yes, fair point. I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Don’t really care about nationality.
    How many are employed?
    If you are employed, can you even get social housing?
    Is there some cut-off point for employed but on minimum wage perhaps?

biko wrote: »

Yes, there's an income threshold and rent is calculated based on income and number of inhabitants.

Probably talking about the various snouts in the trough making money from the farce

pretty much, most probably dont even live in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Yes, there's an income threshold and rent is calculated based on income and number of inhabitants.

If I could get a social house I would be €400,000 euro better off at this point in my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

biko wrote: »

50K is the limit now

JimmyVik wrote: »
    If I could get a social house I would be €400,000 euro better off at this point in my life :)

I'd still rather get to choose where I live, but that's a tidy sum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭tom1ie

Jizique wrote: »
    Complete BS

Why?

Advertisement