Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

F1 2021 Round 3 : Portuguese Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Vettel in the top 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ocon is doing a very good job so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭klose

Merc seem rapid on mediums, should blitz on softs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

damn it I should have backed my bet ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 39,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lewis will have to wait for the 100th pole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Very good performance from Ocon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Bit lacklustre that session.

I love this track.

Looks like the second hot laps for Q3 were affected by the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Did the wind come in, or something? Practically no one improved on their first lap.

• Advertisement

Not watching, did the mercs just wreck everyone on the mediums?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Anticlimax at the end. Everyone slower bar Bottas.

Buttonftw wrote: »
    Not watching, did the mercs just wreck everyone on the mediums?

Not really. The wind made handling difficult for everyone in the last few minutes of Q3 hope it stays windy tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

recyclebin wrote: »
    Anticlimax at the end. Everyone slower bar Bottas.

Sainz as well, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,862 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Not really. The wind made handling difficult for everyone in the last few minutes of Q3 hope it stays windy tomorrow.

BBC saying mercedes used mediums in Q3 last year as they found them easier to get them into the right heat window. So the mediums in the heat window was faster than the soft outside the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Delighted for Sebastien Vettel to finally make it back into Q3. Here is hoping he has a good race. Well done to George Russel he almost made it into Q3 very little in it.
    Daniel Riccardo not having a good day. He should have stayed at Alpine he could be 4th or maybe even higher.
    Well done to Bottas.

Hoping for a good race tomorrow and to seen Max winning it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

What's happening with Ricciardo at all? I rate Norris highly but Sainz was right there with him last season and I got the impression the McLaren is more drivable than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Hijpo

What's happening with Ricciardo at all? I rate Norris highly but Sainz was right there with him last season and I got the impression the McLaren is more drivable than most.

Strange with DR alright, the lap review with Karun afterwards showed the only real mess up was when he had a bit of a lockup. Wonder was there something going on with engine management or something that limited the car??

Have ricciardo first two drives been relatively good though? A P7 and P6 are hardly poor for his first two dirves in a new car. Norris is obviously flying in his 3rd year in the car but I wouldn't be writing off Danny ric yet, granted today was a real disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

He did a quick interview on sky on Friday but I was distracted at the time so didn't catch the whole thing but he has been spending tonnes of time on the simulator as he has to change some part of his style and himself and McClaren were joking that he's a rookie again. Both zack brown and andreas seidal both told him to relax and take his time as he's a quality driver and it will eventually come to him.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Have ricciardo first two drives been relatively good though? A P7 and P6 are hardly poor for his first two dirves in a new car. Norris is obviously flying in his 3rd year in the car but I wouldn't be writing off Danny ric yet, granted today was a real disaster.

Yeah but pace-wise he's been well off. He finished 28 seconds behind Norris (who was holding up the Ferraris) at Imola with I think about 30 laps left after the restart and in clear air for most of it. Finished 20 seconds behind in Bahrain after starting next to him on the grid. Norris was much faster in quali but for the deleted time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Russell in with a shout of some points if he keeps out of trouble. He has decent race craft, and really got the best out of the car today to qualify 11th.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Harika

https://mobile.twitter.com/pirellisport/status/1388780325292097536

One pitstop race but I would assume safety cars

Harika wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/pirellisport/status/1388780325292097536

One pitstop race but I would assume safety cars

Mercs ferrari and red bull are starting on mediums? So norris could be in for some joy if that graphic comes to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Guffy

Where do you find what tyres the drivers will start with?

Ms

Why such a late start?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,691 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

AMKC wrote: »
    Why such a late start?

I was just about to ask the same.

Did I not hear starts would be returning to 1pm Sunday BST? Whats the sense of starting it at 4pm local, its not exactly roasting hot.

The start will clash with the friggin rugby now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Have a funny feeling Bottas might get his elbows out with Hamilton at the start. Last roll of the dice for him this season really.

Ms

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I was just about to ask the same.

Did I not hear starts would be returning to 1pm Sunday BST? Whats the sense of starting it at 4pm local, its not exactly roasting hot.

The start will clash with the friggin rugby now.
    Maybe it something to do with the wind?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's always windy there they'll just have to put up with it

Advertisement